Westboro Baptist Church gets their facebook page hacked

Thread: Westboro Baptist Church gets their facebook page hacked

Blog Entries

Westboro Baptist Church gets their facebook page hacked

The hacker group Anonymous has hacked the Westboro Baptist Church's facebook page. Church leaders are listed as Marilyn Manson, Anonymous and Captain Crunch. Do you like pictures of puppies and kitties playing cards? So do I!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7500...041300?fref=ts

3. I couldn't happen to a nicer or more deserving bunch!
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

What was their page like before it got hacked? Would have liked to have seen it just to compare...

5. I've become something of a grudging admirer of Anonymous thanks to things like this. Earlier, they hacked WBC's computer records and published the names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of all that reprehensible church's despicable members.

Blog Entries
    Probably a bunch of racist drivel. This is what I get when I try to imagine who would possibly choose to follow that "church."
    Westboro Baptist Church gets their facebook page hacked-image.jpg

And you know they're all hypocrites, so I can see of them hiding a Boy George poster in their closet.

Yes, we should cheer for a group that uses unlawful means to silence a group legally expressing an opinion just because we despise that opinion.

How you all going to feel if they decide to hack every pro-gun site? Will they just be common criminals then?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Yes, we should cheer for a group that uses unlawful means to silence a group legally expressing an opinion just because we despise that opinion.

How you all going to feel if they decide to hack every pro-gun site? Will they just be common criminals then?
    It is hard to sift through all the info on this to get to the truth. However this video featuring representatives from Westboro Church and the Anonymous group seems to have it that the Anonymous group originally denied the hack and that perhaps the WBC were using Anonymous to get some publicity. During the interview the Anonymous representative appears to become annoyed with the rantings of the woman from WBC and then (and only then), puts up a warning message on one of the WBC sites.

So, if the WBC disingenuously blamed Anonymous for alleged attacks on their websites, just to get more publicity for their own cause - can we really give Anonymous a hard time for swatting an annoying fly?