Oh jeez - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Oh jeez

  1. #21
    Unfortunately, there are some of us that have to stick their chest out and say, "Look at me. I'm powerful", then call someone with an honest opinion of what might have been happening a coward. The coward is the one that has to show how bad ass they are. I'm fortunate because I'm handicapped and not a bad ass, and I always carry concealed. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I always pray to God I never have to shoot anyone. That person I have to shoot is somebodies child, even though if I shoot it's because I have absolutely NO choice. Then I can look forward to 5 years of crap...I know, I have 3 friends that are cops, one of them did a justified shooting, and his life was turned upside down for 5 years. Sitting in a restaurant, open carry, the crazy comes in to shoot up the place, who's gonna' be his 1st target, you'd better be really fast and see it coming, otherwise your last words may be coward!

  2.   
  3. #22

    Oh jeez

    Comments like the one above, are why the anti-gunners have such an easy time dividing us.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Coastal Western WA
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    Unfortunately, there are some of us that have to stick their chest out and say, "Look at me. I'm powerful", then call someone with an honest opinion of what might have been happening a coward. The coward is the one that has to show how bad ass they are. I'm fortunate because I'm handicapped and not a bad ass, and I always carry concealed. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I always pray to God I never have to shoot anyone. That person I have to shoot is somebodies child, even though if I shoot it's because I have absolutely NO choice. Then I can look forward to 5 years of crap...I know, I have 3 friends that are cops, one of them did a justified shooting, and his life was turned upside down for 5 years. Sitting in a restaurant, open carry, the crazy comes in to shoot up the place, who's gonna' be his 1st target, you'd better be really fast and see it coming, otherwise your last words may be coward!
    Let me recap for you. you jumped on the thread with assumtions and silly statements that are not pro-carry or pro-gun while on a pro gun forum and then are upset by the reaction you received so you resorted to calling people cowards. Maybe you should backtrack and try to prove your point or at least support your arguments better than just resorting to name calling.
    The only part that makes sense about your post is the term you started with "unfortunate" and then the rest is all downhill from there.
    my $0.2 would be to do more reading and listening and less typing.
    mspt
    Be careful when you follow the MASSES, sometimes the M is silent.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    The saddest part of this story is that you send (abuse) your kid to 'head start'.

    And the idea that you would but him/her on a bus...........oh boy.........
    Two words for you: **** you.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    Unfortunately, there are some of us that have to stick their chest out and say, "Look at me. I'm powerful", then call someone with an honest opinion of what might have been happening a coward. The coward is the one that has to show how bad ass they are. I'm fortunate because I'm handicapped and not a bad ass, and I always carry concealed. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I always pray to God I never have to shoot anyone. That person I have to shoot is somebodies child, even though if I shoot it's because I have absolutely NO choice. Then I can look forward to 5 years of crap...I know, I have 3 friends that are cops, one of them did a justified shooting, and his life was turned upside down for 5 years. Sitting in a restaurant, open carry, the crazy comes in to shoot up the place, who's gonna' be his 1st target, you'd better be really fast and see it coming, otherwise your last words may be coward!
    Then quietly be on your way.

    Edit: did your post have a point, or did you just try to gain some sympathy by tossing your disability out on the table? As a victim of gun violence, I do not feel any sympathy towards you.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    Unfortunately, there are some of us that have to stick their chest out and say, "Look at me. I'm powerful", then call someone with an honest opinion of what might have been happening a coward. The coward is the one that has to show how bad ass they are. I'm fortunate because I'm handicapped and not a bad ass, and I always carry concealed. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I always pray to God I never have to shoot anyone. That person I have to shoot is somebodies child, even though if I shoot it's because I have absolutely NO choice. Then I can look forward to 5 years of crap...I know, I have 3 friends that are cops, one of them did a justified shooting, and his life was turned upside down for 5 years. Sitting in a restaurant, open carry, the crazy comes in to shoot up the place, who's gonna' be his 1st target, you'd better be really fast and see it coming, otherwise your last words may be coward!
    Ok.... prove it. Please provide cites and/or links to actual incidents where the civilian, not a cop, was targeted because they were open carrying. And if you actually man up and do your own legwork by searching for those incidents instead of telling everyone else to go do it.... then compare the paucity of incidents in the entire Nation involving open carriers being shot first with the decades of open carry that has been practiced by hundreds of people in... let's just use one State ... Arizona.

    You are aware that if open carriers who are NOT cops were being shot first willy nilly we'd be hearing about it on TV constantly?

    Soooo.... man up and prove your statement is fact.

    One other thing....

    Just because YOU choose to conceal carry doesn't mean that is the best choice for everyone else. To even suggest so is the height of arrogance. Especially since, in Michigan, a person must be 21 before they can get a concealed carry permit but a person can legally own.. and open carry.. a pistol at age 18. Would you dare to tell those between the ages of 18 and 21 (some of which are/have been in the military protecting your freedoms) to just put their ability to protect themselves on hold until their 21st birthday because YOU don't like open carry because YOU think the only reason people do it is they have something to prove and want to stick their chest out?

    Oh.. by the way... I'm handicapped and I hope I never have to use any of my firearms for anything other than target shooting and practice, and I open carry every day everywhere I go (where legal), not because I'm a "bad ass" but because I understand that the fears and negative opinions of other people have absolutely NO POWER to restrict my exercising my right to bear arms................... unless I'm a coward and am afraid of what other people think.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Goosetown in the Pintlers
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolbota View Post
    The saddest part of this story is that you send (abuse) your kid to 'head start'.

    And the idea that you would but him/her on a bus...........oh boy.........
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TN, the patron state of shootin stuff
    Posts
    1,399
    I hope all goes well with your meeting and you educate those jerks on minding their own business and throw in a little refresher course on the Bill of Rights and the meaning of private property! Please keeps us informed of how it goes.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

  10. #29

    Oh jeez

    I, most likely, would send them a letter impolitely declining their meeting and informing them that any retaliation toward your child will be met with aggressive litigation.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Have you thought of getting the kids out of head start? All your kids are doing there is supplying the idiots in charge with federal grants. Again I say starve the beast. You can teach your kids better than anyone else!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast