Snake Bite Kit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Snake Bite Kit

  1. They've been shown to reduce the inflammation resulting from allergic reaction to the venom, but no study shows much reduction in venom after the first few seconds have gone by. You're right, though, in that they can reduce the swelling and itching associated with insect innoculum. They also work great on zits.

  2.   
  3. Four cups is the average amount to put a person into shock. He was obviously overestimating dramatically...

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Body in SC and my mind is in the Tropics
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinator View Post
    Four cups is the average amount to put a person into shock. He was obviously overestimating dramatically...

    I talked to him last night...What he was referring to was 4 of the suction cups full...Now a measuring cup...Bet most of it was venom.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

  5. #14

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McMinnville, Or
    Posts
    1

    snake bite kit

    [QUOTE=NCIC105;432557]Here is the reason to carry a snake bite kit when in the woods!
    Friend from Alabama

    Bad idea! Do some research. The venom infuses quickly into the tissues and all the kit does is to make a wound that is more susceptible to infection. Best to remain calm as possible, tie a slight tourniquet, and get somewhere asap where they have antivenom.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Body in SC and my mind is in the Tropics
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    Yep that is Chad
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    18
    Yes, folks, the venom does immediately start moving through the bloodstream, but not at the speed of light. He used a type of kit that does not make you cut an x and suck the venom out. (That's usually what causes infection and complications.)The kit has a suction device that can take out quite a bit of residual venom if used immediately. I've carried one of those since I was an Army Medic. If I couldn't get one of those I used a syringe. Every state where I served had venomous snakes, so I used the kits or a syringe several times in my career.I wish him well on his recuperation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast