Boston Bombing Students Questions

Thread: Boston Bombing Students Questions

Boston Bombing Students Questions

People asking why the university where the young men who were involved in the Boston bombings wouldn’t give any information concerning them. Facts are that they had flunked out of the school, I can only come to one fact why the school doesn’t want to give out the information. The school is still receiving government money for them even though they aren’t going to classes there, and doesn’t want that info to get out, also if they are receiving this money for them, what about the number of other non-American students that aren’t actually going to classes and the school is still receiving that money also. This could be in the millions and this is only one school, and what about all the other collages and university’s in the US out there receiving government money for them and not reporting that these students haven’t been active in their studies?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

First, there's a thing called FERPA that prohibits universities from giving out much more than the fact that a student is registered.

Second - just what government money do you think Dzhokhar was getting? Or the university? And, he's a naturalized citizen, so how does the discussion of foreign students fit in? (Of course, I think his citizenship should be revoked, with extreme prejudice.)
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    People asking why the university where the young men who were involved in the Boston bombings wouldn’t give any information concerning them. Facts are that they had flunked out of the school, I can only come to one fact why the school doesn’t want to give out the information. The school is still receiving government money for them even though they aren’t going to classes there, and doesn’t want that info to get out, also if they are receiving this money for them, what about the number of other non-American students that aren’t actually going to classes and the school is still receiving that money also. This could be in the millions and this is only one school, and what about all the other collages and university’s in the US out there receiving government money for them and not reporting that these students haven’t been active in their studies?
    If I paid the tuition for a university and didn't go to any of my classes, would I be eligible for a refund? Granted this is about government money (yes our money), but still, if he enrolled in classes, then the university got the government money to cover the tuition, is the university held responsible if the student doesn't attend the classes? I would think not. I can't remember if any professors even took attendance, therefore how would the university know? They really don't care if you show up or not... the way they see it, if you want to waste your dime (or ours), that's your (or our) problem.

Now here is the real question... If Dzhokhar was a naturalized citizen, what foreign aid was he getting?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

5. Boston bombings were quite heart breaking. Two died and an approximately 40 plus people got injured. Those young men involved in this tragedy were certainly brain washed i guess..