I'm really at a loss

Thread: I'm really at a loss

I'm really at a loss

When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a note conveying sympathy and respect and from the United States Government.

When a Black pro basketball player announces he is gay, he immediately gets a personal phone call from the President congratulating him for his courage.

Am I missing something?

I'm really at a loss-peanutsnew.jpg
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a note conveying sympathy and respect and from the United States Government.

When a Black pro basketball player announces he is gay, he immediately gets a personal phone call from the President congratulating him for his courage.

Am I missing something?

I'm really at a loss-peanutsnew.jpg
    I "hope" people like the "change" this POS president has given them.

Funny indeed. As soon as the jackbooted thug got elected the first time around, the national media stopped reporting and showing film of IED explosions of convoys. They quit reporting casualties. They quit showing all of the "alleged" atrocities carried out by soldiers. Funny how all that goes away when "they" get who "they" want in office.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Blog Entries
    I used to watch the news to see if maybe I would see my brother. He watched for me every night. I cannot return the favor since there is no footage of any Marines anywhere unless they commit a crime, which of course is given a ridiculous amount of coverage.

Even worse, disrespect and hate towards soldiers has gotten worse than it ever was, even under Bush. Last parade this town had, the American Legion marched with a few wounded returning soldiers and the crowd refused to remove their hats for the flag and mostly left after they got their candy. I looked around and saw a few other vets that I know, only two of us, including myself, saluted. I got the death stare from a few people during the fair while my kids were on the rides. I guess my patriotism and appreciation of the literal definition of sacrifice isn't approved of.