Okay--Let's Fight! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Okay--Let's Fight!

1. so that's where the dance moves from "Stomp the Yard" came from.

Quote Originally Posted by slowfire View Post
    so that's where the dance moves from "Stomp the Yard" came from.
    It's called Capoeira. Capoeira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a blend of martial arts, games, and dance that originated in Brazil. Here is another Capoeira fight that is not from a movie. YouTube - Capoeira Fight
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    It's called Capoeira. Capoeira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a blend of martial arts, games, and dance that originated in Brazil. Here is another Capoeira fight that is not from a movie. YouTube - Capoeira Fight
    You're saying that you appreciate the art form on display more than it's comedic value?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    You're saying that you appreciate the art form on display more than it's comedic value?
    No I consider it a comic dance and was just answering a question. I was referring to the original post of the guy knocking out the dancer with on punch because it was from a movie and was scripted. The irony of it is if someone using that style went up against a UFC fighter that probably would be the outcome...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    No I consider it a comic dance and was just answering a question. I was referring to the original post of the guy knocking out the dancer with on punch because it was from a movie and was scripted. The irony of it is if someone using that style went up against a UFC fighter that probably would be the outcome...
    I stand corrected. Even without understanding what kind of dance this was, I just enjoyed the laugh it gave me.

Talking Few points about Capoeira...

It makes great comedy!
    It makes a interesting dance form.
    As a form of defense it leaves a great many holes for attack during the stylish set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    It makes great comedy!
    It makes a interesting dance form.
    As a form of defense it leaves a great many holes for attack during the stylish set up.
    That's why it's in the off topic section

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    That's why it's in the off topic section
    Actually my comment was more aimed at if you use this as a form of defence you will likely end up getting whipped if you go up against someone that knows how to fight. yeah it's petty but If I had my choice of fighting a Professional boxer, Black Belt Ti, or this guy I would pick him I would have a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Actually my comment was more aimed at if you use this as a form of defence you will likely end up getting whipped if you go up against someone that knows how to fight. yeah it's petty but If I had my choice of fighting a Professional boxer, Black Belt Ti, or this guy I would pick him I would have a better chance.
    I know. It' sjust that in keeping with the sheer ridiculousness of and hilarity of it all, I was actually just being facetious.

11. Well you deserve a claymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast