Which would you prefer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would you prefer?

Question Which would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

[*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Sorry but unless you have some compelling reason to buy a sport I would pick none. The difference between the Dyna Street Bob and 2 of those Sportys is 2K. You'll realize that back at trade or sale time plus some. Not to mention you'll be less likely to trade up in a short period of time.

Even though Harley resale is nothing like it used to be it is still superior to other brands.
    “If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.” ~ Randy Pausch

Fat Boy is what I want. I'll get one some day...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I've ridden a Sportster, nothing wrong with them, but I'll stick with my Fatboy. Dynas are a better ride and for not much more. Most people end up trading up pretty soon after getting a Sportster, unless your set on one, take a look at a Dyna. you will lose on trade in.

Which would you prefer?-100_3184.jpg

I have a Dyna and love it
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

8. I like the second one.

I've ridden motorcycles for quite some time. You are the only one that knows what you like/need/want in a motorcycle. My suggestion is to take each of these models for a test ride and actually ride your commute. Don't ride the pre-planned circuit that the dealer wants you to. Also, take with you whatever gear you would take to work, to see how easily it fits on each model. Once you do that, I'm sure you'll have your answer.

If you are asking which of these bikes "looks the coolest", then again, it's not my decision, it is yours. Riding is personal and I've found the longer I've ridden the less I care what others think and the more I care about how the ride suits me. Hmmm, this is sort of my attitude with my firearms as well. I'll research the mechanics of each model, but when it comes down to it, it better be suited for me.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I hadn't really looked into the Dyna Street Bob... I was sorta sticking with the Sportsers b/c of price. I'm trying to set up a demo ride at the local dealer, I've thought about renting one as well and riding it for a whole day. The daily commute usually involves carrying just a backpack and a tank bag, no need for saddle bags. I was asking mostly b/c I'm not an H-D rider, never have been... I was hoping there'd be plenty on the forum to offer opinions.

Thanks for the replies so far.

If you want a sportster save some money and buy a used one because you will most likely want to move up to a bigger bike and if you buy new you will lose your ass trying to sell or trade. A sporty can be a great starter bike if you can find a good price. If you must buy new go with the Dyna. I myself prefer touring bikes but I've been riding for forty years. My first Harley was an old iron head sporster and it was alot of fun but I soon moved up to a Fatboy and now ride an Electra glide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast