My WAAAAY Off-Topic RANT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My WAAAAY Off-Topic RANT

My WAAAAY Off-Topic RANT

I think the person or persons who foisted digital television on the American public should be taken out behind the barn and .............
    Then they should be fired.

----------------------------------------------
    Mods: Note, I did not suggest anything illegal.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Take the ones that forced the unfunded mandate onto private and public services of narrow banding radio frequencies, along with the TV people. Tax payers were forced to shell out a but load of money to pay for a new radio system that was not necessary nor asked for. The FCC stated it was a better system. The truth is by cutting the space between frequencies allowed them to sell more radio licenses. They are planning to cut the spacing in half again in 2018. This will force us all to buy new equipment to comply. Another unfunded hit on public and private services just so the government can sell even more licenses.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It's all about complete control of the populace.
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

While we're already way off topic, is this site now deleting anti-muslim posts as Facebook is?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    While we're already way off topic, is this site now deleting anti-muslim posts as Facebook is?
    Doesn't appear to be. Facebook is trying to be PC but I don't use it, so there. This is where the real folks live!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Doesn't appear to be. Facebook is trying to be PC but I don't use it, so there. This is where the real folks live!!
    I'll try it again and if it disappears again, I'll know they are I guess. And if you never hear from me again, I got kicked off.

Edit: So far, so good.
    Last edited by Peggy Reist; 06-22-2013 at 01:39 AM. Reason: P.S.

8. I've been in the TV biz for 20 years. Although I totally agree that the government screwed us over again, you don't have the reason and result accurate. The reason why the government did it was so they could use the analog (over the air) bandwidth for their own use (military). And, you didn't have to pay a cent for it. They provided vouchers so you could get a converter box and still see free TV. The TV & radio stations were the true victims. It cost them millions to convert all of their equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    I've been in the TV biz for 20 years. Although I totally agree that the government screwed us over again, you don't have the reason and result accurate. The reason why the government did it was so they could use the analog (over the air) bandwidth for their own use (military). And, you didn't have to pay a cent for it. They provided vouchers so you could get a converter box and still see free TV. The TV & radio stations were the true victims. It cost them millions to convert all of their equipment.
    Dude, just Where do you think the money for those vouchers came from????? It was OUR TAX MONEY!!!!

10. Yes, Axeanda45, we all pay taxes for everything. I was referring to comments about being forced to buy new equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    Yes, Axeanda45, we all pay taxes for everything. I was referring to comments about being forced to buy new equipment.
    Being forced to buy new equipment is in reference to two way radios not TV. Although they were also forced to buy new equipment. Older two way radios will not narrow band so public and private services were forced to buy new radios to comply with government mandates. These new radios will have to be replaced in 2018 to meet the new mandate. Another expense mandated by government.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast