"Forgive Them Father, They Know not What They Do" - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: "Forgive Them Father, They Know not What They Do"

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I can’t find anything in Scripture to support your hypothesis; if you can I’d like to see it.

Having said that, if you insist on a time of peace and prosperity before The Judgment begins then I suggest to you that it came and went in the 90s and I would also say that that first major tsunami that wiped out 100,000 people in Indonesia was the beginning of the end
    I don't insist on a timeline, Life just is a timeline. The Bible is a timeline.
    Good point that it may have come and gone in the 90's, but what I, and some others from Moody are looking for goes much farther than that.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    The Bible is a timeline.
    Exactly...Jesus said.."I Tell You The TRUTH, This Generation will CERTAINLY not pass away until ALL of these things have HAPPENED ".

Jesus made it very clear in three different gospels (Matthew-Mark & Luke-"Signs Of The End Of The Age") that the RE-BIRTH of the nation of Israel (1948) would mark the beginning of this Last Generation. Never forget that Israel Is God's Prophetic Timepiece. Considering that we are already 65 years into This Last Generation, time is extremely short.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    A theist's greatest hope is to just die because "they themselves" are good.
    No, in actuality, our greatest hope is that when we die, we will be with the one who is good, Jesus Christ. He was good in that he died to absolve us of our sins and, through belief in Him and acceptance of His gift, we would live with Him forever in Heaven. His was the expression of undeniable love in that He sacrificed His life for us. Now that, by anyone's definition, was/is love beyond understanding. We have the Bible to prove our Christian origin, nature and way of living. We consider it to be the inerrant Word of God and it sums up our lives in a nutshell. We accept the Bible as the absolute truth and try to live our lives accordingly. Now, you and others insist that God is a mythological creature and not worthy of belief. In an epistemololgical sense, we have proven our stance with written evidence to validate it. What do you, as an atheist, have to prove your theory? Nothing except theories which, as theories go, are many and varied. This banter will not solve the differences of agreement we may have and, depending on the manner of presentation, will only cause further division. So we have presented our side and you have presented yours. Why don't we just let it rest now?

I don't insist on a timeline, Life just is a timeline. The Bible is a timeline.
    Good point that it may have come and gone in the 90's, but what I, and some others from Moody are looking for goes much farther than that.
    That's fine please cite the Scripture that you're using to back this up I'd like to check it out for myself.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Nothing except theories which, as theories go, are many and varied.
    I have another theory concerning the topic of religious viewpoits on this subject:

Affect bias amplifies cognitive dissonance in devout believers to the point where their comprehension of reality becomes so skewed that all reality becomes distorted fantasy.

I have another theory concerning the topic of religious viewpoits on this subject:

Affect bias amplifies cognitive dissonance in devout believers to the point where their comprehension of reality becomes so skewed that all reality becomes distorted fantasy.

Truly laughable comment that is just as hilarious as it is hypocritical. You speak of "cognitive dissonance" effecting believers in Christ. Yet, you are the most glowing example of a person being cognitively dissonant I've ever seen. Every single post you have made concerning religion has been a PRIME example of someone blinded and out of touch because of "cognitive dissonance".

You have been given dozens of examples based in real science & knowledge in other threads. But, you refuse to consider any of them or research any of the material for yourself. Your only retort to people who proclaim the good news of Jesus is to come back with immature & misinformed emotional responses.

Just as with some people who call Christians bigots, I honestly don't think you have a clue as to what being "cognitive dissonant" really means.

Again, thanks for the laughs.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

That's fine please cite the Scripture that you're using to back this up I'd like to check it out for myself.
    I cannot cite scripture that would point to this time.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I cannot cite scripture that would point to this time.
    Then I would suggest that your hypothesis is meaningless
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Then I would suggest that your hypothesis is meaningless
    Darn near as meaningless as any scripture interpretation you or anyone else cared to posit.

Darn near as meaningless as any scripture interpretation you or anyone else cared to posit.
    I'm sorry Kwim you must have forgot I pay zero attention to anything you post.

Have a nice day

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast