Be wary of the mail
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Be wary of the mail

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Be wary of the mail

    Today, I opened the mailbox and received a package. It was slim, heavy and addressed to my nickname, which I never use for mail and only my wife and kids call me. I only receive packages when I pay for stuff online through UPS and FedEx, so for a package to be in my mailbox is very suspicious. The other thing that struck me as odd was that it had a return address from Newtown, CT, and was postmarked in Minneapolis, MN.

    To make a long story, I carefully set it on a stump over 100 yards from my house and doused it with gasoline. I then made a trail of lighter fluid to the package, lit it and grabbed cover behind my garage. It ignited in a glorious fashion and almost immediately let off a few small pops. I let it burn for a few minutes and put it out with a few shovels full of dirt. There is no trace of paper in the debris and lots of small pieces of plastic. I do not know what it was, but I have a suspicion that it was supposed to harm me or a family member. I recently sent a few letters to the local paper countering with fact the rhetoric a Brady fan had sent in and angered several people in my community. I have been threatened and once had a man in a blue van follow me for almost 10 miles and try to run me off the road. I have received 2 hand written threats in my mailbox this week. And I have a feeling that it's just beginning.

    Bottom line, if you did not send for it, do not open it, do not bring it in the house. Get it as far away as you can and dispose of it. Bury it, bun it, drop it in a lake, but do not open it. These are our adversaries and they do mean us harm.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Wow, that is some incredibly bad advice.

    Setting fire to a package that you don’t know what’s in or burying it is either asking for trouble or passing your trouble on to someone else. Let’s get hypothetical for a second , you bury it an neighbor’s dog digs it up and takes it home where the neighbor’s kid opens the package which is full of rat poison laced cookies (farfetched but could happen).

    If you are that freaked out by the package called the cops and let them dispose of it.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Wow, that is some incredibly bad advice.

    Setting fire to a package that you don’t know what’s in or burying it is either asking for trouble or passing your trouble on to someone else. Let’s get hypothetical for a second , you bury it an neighbor’s dog digs it up and takes it home where the neighbor’s kid opens the package which is full of rat poison laced cookies (farfetched but could happen).

    If you are that freaked out by the package called the cops and let them dispose of it.
    Ok then don't bury it. Treo's kid might eat the cookies.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,810
    Sounds like a personal problem.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Eagle Grove,Ia.
    Posts
    95
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm very glad that you & your family are safe. Stay vigilant & safe.

  7. tricolor, maybe it was a gift from your wife and kids?

  8. #7
    Not sure I would have poured gas on a package I was that concerned with and lit it on fire. Had it been full of an explosive substance, would that not have detonated it? Glad you and the family are safe, but thinking you may have gotten lucky on this one.

  9. #8
    Tricolordad, while I think you are often a world class dork, I'm glad you and your family weren't harmed. I agree that calling the police would have been a smarter decision. As it is, you've destroyed evidence in what could have been a criminal matter.

    Stay safe and keep voicing your opinions.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Tricolordad, while I think you are often a world class dork, I'm glad you and your family weren't harmed. I agree that calling the police would have been a smarter decision. As it is, you've destroyed evidence in what could have been a criminal matter.

    Stay safe and keep voicing your opinions.
    Ummm thanks lol. Calling the police doesn't help around here. Last time I called them, it was Sept 11 2012 and I was jailed without charges for over 24 hours and made to walk 28 miles home barefoot in my boxers in the 100+ degree heat. Even the deputy who booked me had no idea why I was there. He tried to release me his Sgt booked me personally. So screw em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem.
    A holier than thou bible thumper?? Naaa get outta here.

    Quote Originally Posted by blueribbonman View Post
    I'm very glad that you & your family are safe. Stay vigilant & safe.
    Thanks, you seem to be normal. Whatcha doin on here? Lol

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    tricolor, maybe it was a gift from your wife and kids?
    Nope. She was the one who noticed the postmark didn't match the return label.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast