Travon Martin’s hidden back ground - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Travon Martin’s hidden back ground

Howdy,

How about a link to a credible source of info on Trayvon's background?

A blog written by a +40yo SWM that lives with his mom and has a "Command Center" in the basement isn't a credible source.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Unfortunately, unless you have some very good insurance, anytime you're take to court for murder the lawyer bills and investigative charges to get you off, even if your innocent, will ruin your financial life. But at least you're not in prison and you're alive and/or your family is alive. Which in my view is better. If you're young you can make up the difference, if you're not, well lets say your not going to be taking a lot of vacations in your old age. ymmv
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    For those who don't have a clue, I'm one!, heres the Lean formula,
    1. Lean
    To create Lean, a popular drink originated from Houston Texas, you require the following for the original formula:

-Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
    -Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
    -Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

The mixed drink combination known as "lean", is normally the color purple, due the added ingredient sizzurp, which is originally a dark purple syrup. There are other colors of sizzurp which can be added to create lean, but the purple is the true sizurp

Lean does not contain ANY form of alcohol, crushed pills, or other liquids in general.
    Urban Dictionary: lean
    WTF, A Bottle of Southern Comfort and a Joint aren't good enough anymore? same darn affect.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

5. either you haven't been paying attention to this case since day one or you are trolling. Trayvon's record has been a matter of public record for quite some time, certainly way before the jury was picked. They even had hearings on them for the defense to make them part of record, but the judge ruled inadmissible. However IF the prosecution would have tried to paint Trayvon as a saint OR tried to bring up George's background then it was open season on Trayvon's background (and George's for that matter) Honestly, the defense does NOT need to stoop to those tactics because they have a decent case. The state does NOT have any evidence proving this was NOT self defense, and the defense has gained enough off of the state's witnesses they shouldn't have to put up much of a fight.

Now all that said, that does NOT mean I think he will get a not-guilty, I personally believe he is not guilty of the charges. I do think he's guilty of being a dumbass and his actions ended up putting his ass in this mess, but he's not guilty of Murder 2, nor do I think he's guilty at all. But with the political nature of this case, there is going to be fall out no matter which way it rolls, but we all know it's going to be very bad if he is found not guilty. It's a shame that the media made this such a race case from the beginning. there are hundreds of black kids dying in Chicago, but we could care less, 1 dies in Florida and you would think the KKK help open call auditions or something. I don't think it was about race. Yeah, he might have stereotyped some, but when you have young black youths breaking into your neighbor houses, and you see a young black youth, that's not racist, it's reality, right or wrong, it happens. Police do it, people do it, neighborhood watch does it. Had it be hispanic men doing this and Trayvon was hispanic, I think George's reaction would have been the same, which to me is defining.

Anyhow, my 2 cents. Been following it from the start as I had a similar situation happen to me many years back and as I'm sure many of you do, I carry most days. I hope I can go to my grave without ever having to pull the trigger on another human being, but I also hope that IF I ever have to make that decision, that I have done all the right things, and have at least half of the evidence shown here in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

How about a link to a credible source of info on Trayvon's background?

A blog written by a +40yo SWM that lives with his mom and has a "Command Center" in the basement isn't a credible source.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Unfortunately, unless you have some very good insurance, anytime you're take to court for murder the lawyer bills and investigative charges to get you off, even if your innocent, will ruin your financial life. But at least you're not in prison and you're alive and/or your family is alive. Which in my view is better. If you're young you can make up the difference, if you're not, well lets say your not going to be taking a lot of vacations in your old age. ymmv
    Most people can never financially recover. My best friend gets $20K up front retainer and then $300 per hour out of court and $400 per hour in court. The average cost is about $75,000 for his defense. The best defense is never to need one.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Most people can never financially recover. My best friend gets $20K up front retainer and then $300 per hour out of court and $400 per hour in court. The average cost is about $75,000 for his defense. The best defense is never to need one.
    I guess you can say the cost of living has gone up!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Your right about the cost. That's why I joined the USCCA. They have as part of your membership wgat they call the shield. That's where they will give you from 50,000 up to 300,000 dollars for your legal defense. It depends on your membership level. So join the United States Concealed Carry Association. It's totally worth it.
    Will Antico

Lean? Lean forward and listen...
    You cannot introduce hearsay into a case. You cannot introduce previous arrests that did not result in conviction or where charges are dropped or where the past is prejudicial. A jury must decide the case on the facts not an assumption or based on character, on innuendo, on police rumor, opinion or anything other than the direct facts attributed to this case. That is specific in jury instructions. Doesn't mater what the police think of him. Does he have a criminal record for an offense that might shed light on how this incident occurred? If you killed someone in self-defense would you want the jury to decide on the facts or based on getting caught with pot (and not convicted) some years ago? Would it be fair for someone to testify that you punched him in the nose in elementary school when there is no record of whether it happened or how? Is a study of your pubic hairs in order?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I see a lot of people saying Zimmerman just need to have felt threatened for his life to be justified in shooting. I agree.

But isn't this case deciding Murder 2 or innocent?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Rowan View Post
    The attorney's already know about his background, there was a hearing on it, basically as long as the prosecution does NOT bring up George's past brushes with the law, Trayvon's is NOT going to be admitted. I don't agree with it all, I understand that putting the victim (if you only go by the law, don't jump my **** here) on trial isn't the way it should be, ie, a rape victim wearing sexy outfits and flirts doesn't mean she was asking for it.

However I do agree that in this case, defense should have fought harder to get this admitted. There were also photos of Trayvon with guns on his phone, those are NOT going to be admitted either. I will say, if the prosecution screws up even a little, some or all of this will be admissible and it happens quite often in court, so we can all hope that the truth will make it through. I do think the defense is winning at this point, they have proven george was beat up, trayvon had NO marks on him other than his hands, and george had NO marks on his hands so they are doing a good job of showing trayvon as the aggressor in this case.
    This isn't what the judge ruled in the pre trial hearings.

When Team George wanted to use this "evidence" in court the state objected on the grounds that the "evidence" was NOT real and could not be proven.

The judge asked Team George if any of the "evidence" could be proven ( all the things the OP listed plus Martin being caught by the police with burglary tools, stolen jewelry, refing a street fight, videoing his two buddies beating up a homeless man [ this video has been floating around YouTube for years and its actually two homeless men fighting over a bike] fighting in MMA fights, peeking in windows and rattling doorknobs right before the incident with George, trying to break into George's vehicle while George was wondering around lost, and several other items ) and when the judge asked Team George if they could prove any of the events/incidents actually happened Team George responded "No.".

The judge ruled that none of the rumors or 'Net stories could be used as evidence unless the could be proven.

Pretty simple.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast