Travon Martinís hidden back ground - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Travon Martinís hidden back ground

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you are correct that the SYG law in FLA does not protect a protagonist
    now how do you know who attacked who? are you an eyewitness? do you know for a fact who did the attacking? if you do possess this info why haven't you come forward with it?

the point is that the FACTS are being determined in court and low level theories are just a waste of everyone's time
    The only person who was there says so, and passed a lie detector test. That's a pretty strong (albiet not ironclad) indication that gz's account is true.
    Good enough for me. It's pretty hard to get a false positive on a lie detector test.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

What a difference a year makes

My initial opinion last year was that GZ was a buffoon who put himself in a situation where he used DPF against Martin and that in doing so his claims of self-defense were moot. He created a situation that put himself in jeopardy. I still somewhat believe that. But stupidity is not illegal.

After some thought I decided that this case was right on the line. Could go either way and that although he's still a buffoon, GZ may be innocent. Decided to withhold judgment until the case was presented.

After seeing the prosecution case I thus far have to find that GZ, although his actions are still stupid, did not intentionally and maliciously cause the death of TM. And since no lesser charges are included I must acquit him. Mark Meara could have rested without presenting a defense and I would have acquitted. The prosecution case is a stretch. While he did profile TM I don't believe it was racial profiling. He continually referred to Martin as "the suspect" in 911 calls. So he did profile him... as a suspect. The prosecution case was compelling... I thought in favor of GZ. Witnesses were turned because the truth is easy. It never changes and you need not worry about screwing-up the lie. One must merely recognize the trappings of the court... the limits imposed by criminal trial procedure and rules of evidence can sometimes cloud things considerably.

Go find your helmets. The crap's gonna hit the fan when this guy is acquitted. Reverend Al is gonna go batshit.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    The only person who was there says so, and passed a lie detector test. That's a pretty strong (albiet not ironclad) indication that gz's account is true.
    Good enough for me. It's pretty hard to get a false positive on a lie detector test.
    a lie detector finding is not proof of anything. the machine is easily fooled and while courts will allow testimony that is based on the tests the info provided is not considered to be "facts"

5. and I'm guessing the tox report showing trayvon had thc in his system doesn't mean anything? oh by the way the ruling on that is admissible, I believe that happened today. wasn't specifically calling everyone a troll, but this case has brought them out in full.

post of the reasons past history shouldn't be and for the most part isn't allowed on this case I'd it doesn't have anything to do with the facts and shouldn't be a reason to decide the case. it's a simple self defense case. Did George get physically assaulted and fear for his life? yes? innocent. dint believe he did then guilty. the rest is fluff. he shouldn't have gotten out of the truck, oh well, not illegal. he shouldn't have continued Trayvon, so what, not illegal. all the rest is fluff. I also love how they keep using his statement that he said that wasn't his voice screaming, he didn't say that he said wow that doesn't sound like me, which who sounds like themselves when you are screaming for your life.

I realize everyone has a side here, but based on the evidence her should be found not guilty, and every conceal carry holder should hope that's the outcome or if your ever have to defend yourself, it will be that much tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy Doug,

Why is it that every time someone brings up that facts or an unbiased point of view the biased side always "claim" that person is trolling?

What you posted wasn't what was ruled on in court. The judge asked Team George if they could prove any of the so called background Martin was true and Team George responded "No." then the judge ruled it was not admissible in court.

Then Team George asked if they could prove it was true ( and not the wet dream of a bias person ) could they bring it up in court and the judge ruled only if the State brought it up first.

The judge also ruled that since George did not know Martin that his past was not of any importance as far as this trial was concerned.

Like I posted before, how about a credible link to Martin's past? No link, no criminal past. Pretty simple.

Kind of like everyone demanding to see pics of Martin as a 6' 2" 200lb grown man. No pics because he was a skinny 5' 11" 158lb 17yo boy.

Pretty simple.

Paul

Blog Entries
    a lie detector finding is not proof of anything. the machine is easily fooled and while courts will allow testimony that is based on the tests the info provided is not considered to be "facts"
    The machine is easily fooled? Lol! Yeah right.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I see that your ignorance has no bounds

I think it would better to say it's accuracy is not 100%, thus results are inadmissible as evidence. When lie detector results are determined to be so accurate that they may be used in court then 'll accept them. But I would NEVER take a lie detector test.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    What a difference a year makes

My initial opinion last year was that GZ was a buffoon who put himself in a situation where he used DPF against Martin and that in doing so his claims of self-defense were moot. He created a situation that put himself in jeopardy. I still somewhat believe that. But stupidity is not illegal.

After some thought I decided that this case was right on the line. Could go either way and that although he's still a buffoon, GZ may be innocent. Decided to withhold judgment until the case was presented.

After seeing the prosecution case I thus far have to find that GZ, although his actions are still stupid, did not intentionally and maliciously cause the death of TM. And since no lesser charges are included I must acquit him. Mark Meara could have rested without presenting a defense and I would have acquitted. The prosecution case is a stretch. While he did profile TM I don't believe it was racial profiling. He continually referred to Martin as "the suspect" in 911 calls. So he did profile him... as a suspect. The prosecution case was compelling... I thought in favor of GZ. Witnesses were turned because the truth is easy. It never changes and you need not worry about screwing-up the lie. One must merely recognize the trappings of the court... the limits imposed by criminal trial procedure and rules of evidence can sometimes cloud things considerably.

Go find your helmets. The crap's gonna hit the fan when this guy is acquitted. Reverend Al is gonna go batshit.
    Popcorn: check
    Nutty bars: check
    Drinks: check

I'm ready for the show LOL :D
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I see that your ignorance has no bounds
    You can disagree with someone without demeaning the other party. But it wouldn't nearing as entertaining. Which, imho, is where you seem to get your kicks. Of course, if you wish to continue it makes no difference to me. Just a little advice, worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Just sayin' imvho
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    You can disagree with someone without demeaning the other party. But it wouldn't nearing as entertaining. Which, imho, is where you seem to get your kicks. Of course, if you wish to continue it makes no difference to me. Just a little advice, worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Just sayin' imvho
    taken out of context you could be correct, within the context of the dialogue it isn't too out of line, thanks for the advice

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast