Did Trayvon Martin's Mother 'Lie' Under Oath? - Page 3

View Poll Results: WHo is telling the truth? Zimmerman or Sybrina Fulton?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zimmerman is telling the truth.

15 62.50%
  • Sybrina Fulton is telling the truth.

1 4.17%
  • Sybrina Fulton is dazed & confused, she does not really know who's voice it was.

5 20.83%
  • I could care less.

3 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Trayvon Martin's Mother 'Lie' Under Oath?

1. To be honest, I'm kinda tired of the race thing even being brought up in this trial. First off, not saying racism doesn't still exist, but you'll never ever get rid of it as long as there are people like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson around who LOOK for it in everything. It's not that they see racism all around them, they WANT to see racism all around them. Second, this should have nothing to do with white vs black but more rich vs poor. George Zimmerman, from my understanding, is not white. He's Hispanic is he not? They're mad because they think the system automatically assumes that the poor guy was up to no good and was automatically the guilty one. Well no, that's not always true, and that may be the way things are run in court a lot of times. But are we supposed to automatically side with the lower class individuals now to try and right that wrong? I mean from a non-racist point of view it still looks as though most of the details of the story are in Zimmerman's favor.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    I can't tell, is there sarcasm in there?

I'm female and not likely to be easily manipulated just because of my estrogen levels.
    I am no ones sucker.
    I'm sure you're not, and my remark is not aimed at women in general as a stereotypical statement. However, THESE particular women were specifically chosen for a reason, which is why you - and the majority of the women in the jury pool, I would add - most likely would never have been chosen for this particular jury. The prosecution is counting on these women seeing a grieving mother and identifying with her at some level. Their case is weak, it has been further weakened by their star witness, the "16 year old" 18 year old girlfriend who lied multiple times on the stand; empathy and emotion are two of the biggest weapons they have in their arsenal in the face of equivocal evidence.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    To be honest, I'm kinda tired of the race thing even being brought up in this trial. First off, not saying racism doesn't still exist, but you'll never ever get rid of it as long as there are people like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson around who LOOK for it in everything. It's not that they see racism all around them, they WANT to see racism all around them. Second, this should have nothing to do with white vs black but more rich vs poor. George Zimmerman, from my understanding, is not white. He's Hispanic is he not? They're mad because they think the system automatically assumes that the poor guy was up to no good and was automatically the guilty one. Well no, that's not always true, and that may be the way things are run in court a lot of times. But are we supposed to automatically side with the lower class individuals now to try and right that wrong? I mean from a non-racist point of view it still looks as though most of the details of the story are in Zimmerman's favor.
    They HAVE to make this about race. It has been universally acknowledged that if Zimmerman had gone through a SYG review, he most likely would have been cleared. THAT is why the prosecution is doing their best to keep the race-neutral SYG law out of the trial. The black community demanded that he be tried and threatened to riot if that demand wasn't met; the same community has promised massive, nationwide race riots and retaliation killings of whites if Zimmerman is acquitted. The prosecution is playing the card that gives them the best chance of winning this trial. If they can establish that THIS killing was racially motivated, then they will try to generalize that ALL SYG killings that involve black aggressors must be racially motivated as well and that the law should be struck down.

Howdy,

George is a known a proven liar and a convicted criminal so why would anyone believe anything that comes out of his mouth?

Heck, George lied under oath in court, but most people believes he is telling the truth?

If you will listen to the 9-1-1 tape the gunshot occurs at the end of a scream. So, George was screaming as he was reaching for and drawing his gun, right? It just doesn't add up.

I have a Kel-Tek PF-9 like George's except mine has a silver/grey frame and while standing "IDPA style" it takes me about 1.2 seconds from the beep of a CE Pocket Pro timer until I have the 1st shot off. I'm willing to bet that it would take George even longer to draw and fire one shot from his PF-9.

So, according to George while he was drawing and firing his gun he was also screaming like a 10yo girl.

Ok. Sure. Roger that.

Since George is a known and proven liar, and Martin's mom has never did or said anything that would make me not believe her, I'm going with she is telling the truth, not George.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

George is a known a proven liar and a convicted criminal so why would anyone believe anything that comes out of his mouth?

Heck, George lied under oath in court, but most people believes he is telling the truth?

If you will listen to the 9-1-1 tape the gunshot occurs at the end of a scream. So, George was screaming as he was reaching for and drawing his gun, right? It just doesn't add up.

I have a Kel-Tek PF-9 like George's except mine has a silver/grey frame and while standing "IDPA style" it takes me about 1.2 seconds from the beep of a CE Pocket Pro timer until I have the 1st shot off. I'm willing to bet that it would take George even longer to draw and fire one shot from his PF-9.

So, according to George while he was drawing and firing his gun he was also screaming like a 10yo girl.

Ok. Sure. Roger that.

Since George is a known and proven liar, and Martin's mom has never did or said anything that would make me not believe her, I'm going with she is telling the truth, not George.

Paul
    Only one problem with your theory - Zimmerman actually passed a lie detector test. May not be admissible in court, but speaks to his credibility - which is also part of the reason why the officer who testified said he believed Zimmerman's account of the story. Pictures - Sanford police documents including George Zimmerman lie detector test results - Miami criminal justice | Examiner.com

Howdy,

Ok. Sure. Roger that.

Paul
    Holy Load of Crap Batman!
    LMFAO!

What trial have you been watching
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I've seen you make the claim that Zimmerman is a "convicted criminal" more than once now, and as well have seen people correct your "mistake" more than once.

So now that you know that's a mistake, doesn't repeating it as a fact make you a proven liar? Or do you apply the same avoidance of the truth as you do of FL law and reasonable doubt?

Blues

ETA:

And also.....

If you're saying that hitching one's wagon to Al "Tawanna Brawley" Sharpton's star shouldn't result in a severe hit to their credibility, then that, too, is a hit to your credibility.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Most everyone who is associated with Mr. Martin wanted this to be about the color of his skin... Until the testimony of Travons friend who was on the phone with him.

The Term Creepy Cracker changed the dynamic of that argument.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Ok. Sure. Roger that.

Paul
    I didn't know he used a PF-9. If it's anything like the one I had, I'm surprised it even fired, and after it fired I'm surprised it didn't break after firing. Those thighs are the biggest POS's I've ever owned. An absolute horrific gun to shoot. As bad as it hurts to fire that gun, that should be proof enough that he was in fear for his life, cause that's the only circumstances under which I would want to shoot another PF-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Didn't the expert already say that it can't be determined who's voice is yelling for help in the recording? Why is the prosecution putting up a witness to contradict their own expert? Is emotional appeal evidence now? It isn't pertinent to justice what Martin's mother believes. The case needs--and deserves--credible, verifiable facts.
    The prosecution is counting on TM's mom to tug on the heart strings of the all female jury. From what I have heard GZ should be found "not guilty". But IMHO if GZ is found guilty then women bought TM's mothers story and nothing else!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast