Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman. - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy Rhino,

Here's a link to my Syder build thread.

Stengun's Spyder Build - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

I've been done fiberglass work and it sucks!

Here's a iPhone pic of my CHL.....

Paul

P.S. It would appear that you have ZERO idea about what you are talking about.

Just because my POV is different from yours doesn't mean I'm wrong or that I'm lying.
    You really just posted your information on the Internet?!?!?
    Derp! LOL

Oh
    And
    Justice for Zimmerman!
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    My fear was that someone within the Jury was possibly texting to the outside world. Guy at work uses that App that turns the voice to text like Dragon Naturally Speaking. One of those on in the Jury room would be deadly.

Now Jessy jackson is putting his 2¢ worth in... He needs to join his son.
    Man, why so many lights on at the court house?
    Here in. Greenville County at least, they collect your phone before trial starts.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I think that the insistence by the "persecution" that there was no doubt that TM was profiled is ominous. My answer to that is that he probably was. A person dressed like the uni-bomber wandering the streets at night would raise my curiosity as well. The that the only pictures the MSM showed of TM were a few years old (when he looked nice and innocent)showed where this was going from the get-go.
    -
    I applaud the Defense for calling out the MSM as the perps in this case. Until we get Americans to use their own minds instead of listening to the likes of Toure, Chris Matthews, and the professional race-baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and the rest there will be no peace.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    This is still the picture that even Faux News was using this morning:

The symbolic lynching of George Zimmerman will continue indefinitely. The actual lynching will take place as soon as he makes one mistake, ironically, by getting out of a car again and not thinking two or three steps ahead.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

The symbolic lynching of George Zimmerman will continue indefinitely. The actual lynching will take place as soon as he makes one mistake, ironically, by getting out of a car again and not thinking two or three steps ahead.

Blues
    Yes, but isn't it deserved? Think of all the things TM will never have a chance to do now. Like participate in a drive-by...rob a gas station...selling and using drugs, etc. His life (of crime) cut down at such a young age.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Epic win Bigcarlover!
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Blues
    Hey Blues, do you think the think the state would have used this picture for his mug shot? But they'll use it to try and twist the jury's heart strings. We know that for sure.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Yes, but isn't it deserved? Think of all the things TM will never have a chance to do now. Like participate in a drive-by...rob a gas station...selling and using drugs, etc. His life (of crime) cut down at such a young age.
    Actually, I find this meme mildly offensive. I don't need to project into the future what Trayvon may have become in order to believe that Zimmerman was legally justified in shooting him on 2/26/12.

I don't know if I'm unique in this regard or not, but I had a fairly troubled youth. While violence was never something I sought out, or even engaged in at all for that matter, I smoked pot (and beyond), I grew a plant or two in my day, I had an interest in guns (since well before I was 17), I talked the slang of the day (incessantly), I dropped out of high school and joined the Army at 17, I hung around outlaw bikers after I got home, built choppers, loved when pictures of our builds made us all look "hard" even when it was never true (for me anyway).

I ended up putting my self-destructive and thrill-seeking energies into jobs that paid well but still gave me that adrenaline rush. The rush from doin' dope didn't compare with walking beams 400' off the ground. Learning how to weld gave me productive opportunities that provided similar rushes as splittin' traffic at 70 or 80 mph down the 405 Freeway at "rush" hour, and wore me out to the point that I just quit doin' that kind of stuff on my time off. When my dog gets real rowdy in the house, I take him outside and run the excess energy out of him with a Frisbee. He comes back in and sleeps like a baby for the rest of the day and night. I did the same thing with myself as a young man. Trayvon had every potential to learn how to control his excesses too. It just didn't work out that way, but I'm not going to engage in rank stereotyping just because he hadn't learned those lessons by the time he turned 17.

Personally, I have no problem envisioning Trayvon going through much of what I did, getting over sewing his wild oats and settling down to maybe even become a championship UFC fighter. Anyone who even casually follows that sport knows that many fighters have much worse backgrounds than Trayvon did by the time they were 17 and started getting into MMA, which apparently, Trayvon had started getting into. Many of those fighters credit the sport with saving their lives. Trayvon wasn't anywhere near being on an irreversible track, even compared to my own white-bread upbringing.

He made a fatal mistake that night, but his life and the potential he had for a decent future doesn't need to be defined by only that mistake. When you boil it all down, he was still just a 17 year old kid. I'd say judge his potential future either on what we all experienced as youngins' and where we went from there, or on what screw-ups your own kids have engaged in on their way to becoming "good people" and productive, law-abiding adults.

Sorry if this seems like a rant. I don't intend it that way. It just kind of gets to me that the death of a 17 year old kid is nearly celebrated based on such lightweight evidence as a few pictures on a cell phone and one fight that he lost with a bullet to the heart.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    My fear was that someone within the Jury was possibly texting to the outside world. Guy at work uses that App that turns the voice to text like Dragon Naturally Speaking. One of those on in the Jury room would be deadly.
    That's a standard feature (built into the OS) on many smartphones.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Actually, I find this meme mildly offensive. I don't need to project into the future what Trayvon may have become in order to believe that Zimmerman was legally justified in shooting him on 2/26/12.

I don't know if I'm unique in this regard or not, but I had a fairly troubled youth. While violence was never something I sought out, or even engaged in at all for that matter, I smoked pot (and beyond), I grew a plant or two in my day, I had an interest in guns (since well before I was 17), I talked the slang of the day (incessantly), I dropped out of high school and joined the Army at 17, I hung around outlaw bikers after I got home, built choppers, loved when pictures of our builds made us all look "hard" even when it was never true (for me anyway).

I ended up putting my self-destructive and thrill-seeking energies into jobs that paid well but still gave me that adrenaline rush. The rush from doin' dope didn't compare with walking beams 400' off the ground. Learning how to weld gave me productive opportunities that provided similar rushes as splittin' traffic at 70 or 80 mph down the 405 Freeway at "rush" hour, and wore me out to the point that I just quit doin' that kind of stuff on my time off. When my dog gets real rowdy in the house, I take him outside and run the excess energy out of him with a Frisbee. He comes back in and sleeps like a baby for the rest of the day and night. I did the same thing with myself as a young man. Trayvon had every potential to learn how to control his excesses too. It just didn't work out that way, but I'm not going to engage in rank stereotyping just because he hadn't learned those lessons by the time he turned 17.

Personally, I have no problem envisioning Trayvon going through much of what I did, getting over sewing his wild oats and settling down to maybe even become a championship UFC fighter. Anyone who even casually follows that sport knows that many fighters have much worse backgrounds than Trayvon did by the time they were 17 and started getting into MMA, which apparently, Trayvon had started getting into. Many of those fighters credit the sport with saving their lives. Trayvon wasn't anywhere near being on an irreversible track, even compared to my own white-bread upbringing.

He made a fatal mistake that night, but his life and the potential he had for a decent future doesn't need to be defined by only that mistake. When you boil it all down, he was still just a 17 year old kid. I'd say judge his potential future either on what we all experienced as youngins' and where we went from there, or on what screw-ups your own kids have engaged in on their way to becoming "good people" and productive, law-abiding adults.

Sorry if this seems like a rant. I don't intend it that way. It just kind of gets to me that the death of a 17 year old kid is nearly celebrated based on such lightweight evidence as a few pictures on a cell phone and one fight that he lost with a bullet to the heart.

Blues
    It's not "near celebrating" as you put it. It's the disdain towards people that continually want to put him out there as a saint. And there's more than just a few pictures on a cell phone that show that (toxicology report, school reports of counter-band, suspension, and possession of tools known to be used for robberies.).

But I don't have to project the future to justify it either. Bottom line, if Z had not been able to defend himself that night, that mistake would have put M behind bars for 1st degree assault, if not manslaughter.

Glad you turned your life around.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast