Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman. - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I think something neighborhood watches around the country should learn from this is the possibility of backups or radios connecting people in the neighborhood. Had Mr. Zimmerman been able to radio to any one of the other neighborhood watch members I feel this would not have happened.

I think Neighborhood watch groups really need to focus on how to better serve their neighborhood.
    Previously, I would never have considered being on a neighborhood watch if I couldn't ccw. What I learned from Zimmerman is that I will never be on a neighborhood watch program, period. It's already been well established that cops carry weapons for THEIR protection, not to protect the citizenry. When they patro unarmed, I MIGHT consider patrolling unarmed.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The old girl was doing a lot of tap dancing trying to save face but, the truth is, they fell on their faces.
    Fell? They never got up...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Angela Cory... What next?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Previously, I would never have considered being on a neighborhood watch if I couldn't ccw. What I learned from Zimmerman is that I will never be on a neighborhood watch program, period. It's already been well established that cops carry weapons for THEIR protection, not to protect the citizenry. When they patro unarmed, I MIGHT consider patrolling unarmed.
    Man, I don't even know where to begin with this. I kind of agree, but on the other hand I don't want to agree.
    I think Neighborhood watches are a good thing. But I see so much room for error.
    If it were like my area where the Sheriffs Dpt. provides a patrol car, its a great way to really get to know your neighborhood and surrounding area for a SHTF day.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

As a Carry Community what have we learned from Mr. Zimmerman's Lessons Taught?

I now know for a fact having a round in the chamber is a must (Always has been but nice to be reminded).

This does make me wonder what would be happening if Mr. Zimmerman was coming to the rescue of an innocent being attacked.

My Gun and Ammunition know no color and my decisions darn well better be made in the same way.

If I have to make a decision in a split second whether or not to use my gun, make the choice that saves your life.
    I have not read all the posts but this first one is also what I took away from the trial. I have always carried with a loaded magazine, but not one in the chamber. If I were in Zimmermans position that means I might as well NOT have even been loaded. Being able to fire with one hand is important. Now I carry hot with the safety on.

7. Kramer very good insight..upon reading your post I'd like to share with you and maybe anyone else who may read this..in response to "being able to shoot with one hand is important. Now I carry hot with the safety on"
    I currently own 2 carry pistols both a very safe, (without a safety) and I love both of them for how safe they are..first is the Ruger LCP .380 w/crimson trace laser sight..for one it is a double action, which is similar to GZ's kel tec (hammer comes back with squeeze of trigger) that's it's safety. I think a carry pistol with a manual safety puts ya behind in what may be very crucial time, one extra step. Then with the crimson trace laser in the mix gives ya a psychological advantage in the right circumstance, with space between you and the bad guy. My other carry pistol is the Springfield xd9 subcompact wich is the best gun I have ever shot, again no manual safety, but instead has a grip safety, in which it will not fire unless that is compressed, then to top it off it has a chamber indicator and firing pin indicator so ya know by sight and feel that it is hot. I might be telling you something you already know, but if not research the Springfield and see what ya think..forgive me I'm not trying to instruct ya on things..just sharing knowledge..if needed..
    Stay safe brother..

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    He should not have followed TM at all, ever, nor should he have challenged TM at all. Think TM is up to no good, call 911, give all the factual information you have, and go home.
    Did you watch the trial and hear the evidence?

GZ had gone back to his truck and was on the phone with 911 when TM doubled back and watched him sitting in his truck on the phone. Then TM walked away. GZ got out of his truck after TM left, and went to look for an address to give to 911. That is when TM confronted GZ and assaulted him. He was not following him, nor was he in pursuit of him when assaulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    I have not read all the posts but this first one is also what I took away from the trial. I have always carried with a loaded magazine, but not one in the chamber. If I were in Zimmermans position that means I might as well NOT have even been loaded. Being able to fire with one hand is important. Now I carry hot with the safety on.
    I always carrry "hot". In fact, I've been carrying my .38 more lately... never have to worry about it being or not being ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Angela Cory... What next?
    I'm going to Disney World! (no one else wants me)
    Complaint on her law license to the state bar association. Civil lawsuit for malicious prosecution.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Man, I don't even know where to begin with this. I kind of agree, but on the other hand I don't want to agree.
    I think Neighborhood watches are a good thing. But I see so much room for error.
    If it were like my area where the Sheriffs Dpt. provides a patrol car, its a great way to really get to know your neighborhood and surrounding area for a SHTF day.
    They are a good thing as long as you don't patrol or pro-actively get involved. A watch is just that... watch your neighbor's home and they watch yours. Everyone does this and it eliminates the need to patrol anything. Everyone calls the police or each other and no one goes outside.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast