Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman. - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman.

Howdy,

What did I learn?

Always carry a gun because there are wannabe cops like George Zimmerman in this world.

About 6 weeks ago my old work car broke down on the way to work one morning and since my wife was at work 20 miles away, my brother was at work 40 miles away I decided to walk home since it was only 1.7 miles from my house.

I have only owned my home since April '11 and still do not know all my neighbors, especially 1.7 miles away and even though I was armed with my Taurus PT 845 .45acp I was thankful that I did NOT have a "run in" with a George Zimmerman.

Since I was armed I would have been the one that called the coronor for George.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

The key to the Zimmerman case was the forensics. Damage to the front and back of Zimmerman's head, grass stains on Martin's legs and knees, and the trajectory of the fatal shot.

The jury came to the conclusion, and Martin's girlfriend agreed, that Martin threw the first punch. It is the PHYSICAL CONTACT that matters, not the verbal.

Once Martin was on top, there was no real possibility of escape by Zimmerman. Zimmerman was dealing with a situation where death or serious bodily injury was happening, and then the added threat that Martin would find Zimmerman's gun.

Would I have possibly done things differently than Zimmerman - Yes. Under the circumstances I would have sought to know were Martin was, and put as much space/time between us as I could. Staying in car is not as safe as it sounds, since you can not see or hear well, and the ability to react is limited. I would have kept the car between me and Martin, so Martin would have to come around, in a clear path, to reach me.

Remember - Zimmerman does NOT know if Martin is armed.

Martin treated the event as he would in a street fight in Miami Gardens, and did the beat down. Unfortunately, he took two fists to a gun fight.
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by GHF View Post
    It is the PHYSICAL CONTACT that matters, not the verbal.

this is a great example of all the well meaning but inaccurate stuff that is posted. In FLA a verbalized threat is considered a threat and can be used in a SD situation. For example if someone screams I am going to rip your head off and kill you and you really believe that the assault is imminent you can take the steps necessary to end such a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    this is a great example of all the well meaning but inaccurate stuff that is posted. In FLA a verbalized threat is considered a threat and can be used in a SD situation. For example if someone screams I am going to rip your head off and kill you and you really believe that the assault is imminent you can take the steps necessary to end such a threat.
    You may belive the guy that says that but unless he makes some physical move toward you I would advise you not to use physical forse to stop him. Remember that meeting "force with force" means relative force so if someone is running their mouth you don't have to right to shoot them no matter if you think they mean it or not. However you can get prepared to defend yourself and once they change from a verbal threat to an actual physical threat then you can stop it however you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

What did I learn?

Always carry a gun because there are wannabe cops like George Zimmerman in this world.

About 6 weeks ago my old work car broke down on the way to work one morning and since my wife was at work 20 miles away, my brother was at work 40 miles away I decided to walk home since it was only 1.7 miles from my house.

I have only owned my home since April '11 and still do not know all my neighbors, especially 1.7 miles away and even though I was armed with my Taurus PT 845 .45acp I was thankful that I did NOT have a "run in" with a George Zimmerman.

Paul
    Internet commando meets troll. Ugly child is born, brother of Simple Jack....three cheers for Simple Paul!!
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

What did I learn?

Paul
    So your biggest fear is your going to attack George Zimmerman, in the dark, ground and pound him MMA style and he'll shoot you in self defense, in Florida?
    Do you real live on this planet or just visiting?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    You may belive the guy that says that but unless he makes some physical move toward you I would advise you not to use physical forse to stop him. Remember that meeting "force with force" means relative force so if someone is running their mouth you don't have to right to shoot them no matter if you think they mean it or not. However you can get prepared to defend yourself and once they change from a verbal threat to an actual physical threat then you can stop it however you need to.
    get prepared to defend yourself? as in brandishing a weapon? that would be illegal in FLA. verbal threats and indications of imminent violence usually would be enough to sustain a SYG SD situation.
    I am not a lawyer and YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    So your biggest fear is your going to attack George Zimmerman, in the dark, ground and pound him MMA style and he'll shoot you in self defense, in Florida?
    Do you real live on this planet or just visiting?
    please do not feed the moronic troll, I bet he doesn't even own a firearm

I'll take your advice, Thank you.
    I'll just hang out my sign for him.

Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman.-do-not-feed-troll-1.jpg
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

According to another one it's posts, it owns a "Kel-Tek."

"If I had a troll, he'd sound like Stengun."
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast