Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman. - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 165

Thread: Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman.

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    You said "on duty" indicating either military or LEO, obviously LEO.

    And at what point did you decide "now is time to chamber", after a perp displayed their gun? At every traffic stop or call you felt uncomfortable? Actually a more likely cause of a AD or ND by repeatably cambering and un-chambering than just leaving it chambered and holstered.
    You don't even read the posts do you?
    Before you post one more stupid comment, go read.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Zimmerman wasn't a member of that neighborhood watch group. In fact as I understand it they were not a member of any organized group of neighborhood watches.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Then carry with only a couple in the mag. First it doesn't harm the spring (your car sits on loaded springs 24/7/365) and mags are cheap, springs can be ordered for even less, wishing to hell that I had one more round in a L&D situation.

    Never has anyone said I wish I had less ammo in my gun. (except subjects in the police state of NY when cops count the rounds in their gun)
    I carry as I please,as I see fit, and as I was trained.
    Full Magazines do impact the strength of the springs when left in a full condition for a length of time.
    You rotate magazines to retain spring strength.
    You carry as you want to, I'll carry as I want to,OK.
    How about answering the Original Posters question from the 1st post in the thread.
    What have you learned from Mr. Zimmerman's experience?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    all that is good information, what does it have to do with the question of whether zimmerman felt that he needed to use deadly physical force to end the danger to his life?
    Because it put himself in the position, i.e. went looking for trouble. That is not what neighborhood watch is about and it sure as hell is not what defensive carry is about. Cops are the ones that get to do offensive carry, if you ain't in danger call one, don't put yourself in danger.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Because it put himself in the position, i.e. went looking for trouble. That is not what neighborhood watch is about and it sure as hell is not what defensive carry is about. Cops are the ones that get to do offensive carry, if you ain't in danger call one, don't put yourself in danger.
    REALLY??? Care to cite a code, constitutional passage or amendment that states that? Cops may be the ones who get away with offensive carry, but it is no more authorized for them than it is for the general public.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Then how did the two become close enough for there to be a confrontation? The way I see it, if Zimmerman had stopped when it was suggested that he do so, and let law enforcement handle it, there would have been no confrontation. IF Zimmerman ceased the pursuit, and THEN Martin turned on him, that's a different story.
    I see you answered your own question. From every bit of actual evidence I have seen and heard so far points to that happening exactly. The other scenario that you state has been assumption and innuendo, not factual evidence.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Because it put himself in the position, i.e. went looking for trouble. That is not what neighborhood watch is about and it sure as hell is not what defensive carry is about. Cops are the ones that get to do offensive carry, if you ain't in danger call one, don't put yourself in danger.
    all irrelevant, the question of the trial is was zimmerman's life in danger when he pulled the trigger? if his life was deemed to be in danger then he is found to be not guilty if it is determined that his life was not in danger he will be convicted.
    everything else is irrelevant BS.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I see you answered your own question. From every bit of actual evidence I have seen and heard so far points to that happening exactly. The other scenario that you state has been assumption and innuendo, not factual evidence.
    Exactly. If you listen to the 911 tapes, Martin took off running. Z, when told "we don't need you to do that", said, "ok." His voice is not labored at any time, as one would be in a full run. He stays on the call for another 1.5 minutes after he says the "ok." That's quite a head start, if the assumption is Z raced after him when he hung up (and that still would be just an assumption). Unless he was on a Segway, I don't see it.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    all irrelevant, the question of the trial is was zimmerman's life in danger when he pulled the trigger? if his life was deemed to be in danger then he is found to be not guilty if it is determined that his life was not in danger he will be convicted.
    everything else is irrelevant BS.
    I'm confident that you understand the law, but the bold part is not stated quite right. It's actually irrelevant whether it was determined after the fact that his life was not in danger up to the point that he pulled the trigger. The threshold to legitimately invoke any self defense law is the reasonable belief standard, that the victim is in danger of suffering great bodily injury or death if the attack continues.

    So the above would be stated accurately if it said, "If it is deemed that Zimmerman had a reasonable belief that his life was in danger, then he is found to be not guilty. If it is determined that it was not reasonable to fear for his life or great bodily injury, then he will be convicted."

    That correction was not for your benefit apvbguy, but for the multitudes of people who can't seem to grasp what questions the jury will be tasked with answering. Obviously Zimmerman's life was not in imminent danger at the time he pulled the trigger, or he wouldn't be sitting there as a real live defendant. His right to pull the trigger is based on his reasonable anticipation of subsequent injuries or death if he didn't employ deadly force before that happened.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I'm confident that you understand the law, but the bold part is not stated quite right. It's actually irrelevant whether it was determined after the fact that his life was not in danger up to the point that he pulled the trigger. The threshold to legitimately invoke any self defense law is the reasonable belief standard, that the victim is in danger of suffering great bodily injury or death if the attack continues.

    So the above would be stated accurately if it said, "If it is deemed that Zimmerman had a reasonable belief that his life was in danger, then he is found to be not guilty. If it is determined that it was not reasonable to fear for his life or great bodily injury, then he will be convicted."

    That correction was not for your benefit apvbguy, but for the multitudes of people who can't seem to grasp what questions the jury will be tasked with answering. Obviously Zimmerman's life was not in imminent danger at the time he pulled the trigger, or he wouldn't be sitting there as a real live defendant. His right to pull the trigger is based on his reasonable anticipation of subsequent injuries or death if he didn't employ deadly force before that happened.

    Blues
    while you are correct you've offered an overstatement of the law here in FLA, in FLA under the castle/SYG laws an assumption is made that an assault, like the one at issue here, is always a threat to one's life. so if the evidence show's he was under attack from the dead person then the jury would be forced to vote not guilty.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast