Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman. - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned From Mr. Zimmerman.

Howdy Outlaw,

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    ~Howdy Doody~

Actually if 'you' really looked into the facts, you would see that Zimmerman was not breaking any laws if he was following Martin as you stated.
    Following someone out in public is perfectly legal.
    But blinsiding someone and punching them in the nose without provocation is 'illegal'...Slamming someone's head into the concrete with deadly force is also 'illegal'.

If you don't like the law's then try to change the laws, but please stop your biased bloviating.

Also, Based on statements made by that illiterate girlfriend of Martin (Who has changed her story numerous times) I would not give much creedence to anything that she 'claims' to have heard since she has been proven to be both a racist and a liar on the stand.

Zimmerman is/was not in as good of physical shape as his attacker Martin (I'll give you that)...
    That's why 'disparity of force' came into play.

Pretty simple.

~Outlaw~
    George broke the law when he followed Martin. Here's FL's law......

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Pretty simple.

If you think you have the right to follow anyone as a private citizen take a simple test......

Martin was a minor so, go to your nearest Mall pick out a young lady that I think is a minor and start following her. When the cops show up tell them what you posted in your reply to my post.

So far everyone that took the test found out that in fact you do NOT have the right to follow a person, especially a minor.

Me bias? Nope. Why would I as a blond haired blue eyed 49yo Married White Male why would I be biased in favor of Martin?

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post

Pretty simple.

If you think you have the right to follow anyone as a private citizen take a simple test......

Martin was a minor so, go to your nearest Mall pick out a young lady that I think is a minor and start following her. When the cops show up tell them what you posted in your reply to my post.

So far everyone that took the test found out that in fact you do NOT have the right to follow a person, especially a minor.

Stalking? Are you serious? Did you even read it before you linked to it? Simply following someone does not constitute stalking. Not even close. Read it again. And pay closer attention to what it says this time.
    Me bias? Nope. Why would I as a blond haired blue eyed 49yo Married White Male why would I be biased in favor of Martin?
    Because you're very willing to believe to believe things that aren't true without verifying them as fact. Because you let your emotion cloud your judgement. Because you ignore obvious facts when they are presented to you and backed up. Because you obviously can't read or interpret a legal statute correctly. Or maybe just because you're incredibly ignorant?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I do not carry +1. I pull from the magazine at least once per day Generally twice a day. I don't like not knowing my Magazine is seated correctly. I don't like not knowing everything is feeding, sliding, cocking correctly. All of this and pulling from the magazine relieves a little pressure on the Mag spring. I only rotate mags about once a week. I also have my favorite magazines that tend to work their way into the rotation most often.

Lesson: Through this thread I Have also learned that I don't care what the state law is concerning what is or is not a "Good Shoot". A Good Shoot is much like a pilots good landing.
    (Test to see who knows the saying).
    Leaving mags loaded are less stressful on the springs and carrying +1 eliminates the chance of not having a round jacked when someone comes at you. Think about it if someone jumps on you as they walk past you how will you rack the slide if you only havr 1 hand free ??? And don't say I'd use my belt to rack it cause that definitely doesn't always work like it should especially if you are in a struggle with someone !!! I carry daily 13+1 and I won't be giving it up anytime soon.

Springs do not lose their strength by being compressed for long periods. I sure would like to know who started that myth so I could kick his butt.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rekotadrekoj187 View Post
    Leaving mags loaded are less stressful on the springs and carrying +1 eliminates the chance of not having a round jacked when someone comes at you. Think about it if someone jumps on you as they walk past you how will you rack the slide if you only havr 1 hand free ??? And don't say I'd use my belt to rack it cause that definitely doesn't always work like it should especially if you are in a struggle with someone !!! I carry daily 13+1 and I won't be giving it up anytime soon.
    I don't see where he says he doesn't carry chambered...he just doesn't put in the extra round after he racks the top round out of the mag. Starting tomorrow I will not be carrying +1, but will be carrying chambered, when I change my primary address. It's not worth the effort to have a loose round in my vehicle when I drive in Washington without a permission slip.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post

Stalking? Are you serious? Did you even read it before you linked to it? Simply following someone does not constitute stalking. Not even close. Read it again. And pay closer attention to what it says this time.
    Because you're very willing to believe to believe things that aren't true without verifying them as fact. Because you let your emotion cloud your judgement. Because you ignore obvious facts when they are presented to you and backed up. Because you obviously can't read or interpret a legal statute correctly. Or maybe just because you're incredibly ignorant?
    And when it is you that is being followed at every turn, I suspect you would consider it stalking.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Wait! Maybe there's something to this! I think we should all start reducing the stress on our magazine springs right away. From now on, we all have to have only an odd number of rounds in our magazines whenever we're on a street or road whose name begins with the first 13 letters of the alphabet or starts with a 1 through 4. Whenever we're on a street or road whose name begins with the last 13 letters of the alphabet or starts with a 5 through 9, we have to have an even number of rounds in our magazines. However, when changing round counts from odd to even or even to odd, the magazine must first be completely be emptied before reloading it to the desired round count. That way the spring can never be 'used' to being in the same position or positions for too long. Anyone not complying with this rule will be placed on double secret probation.
    [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Wait! Maybe there's something to this! I think we should all start reducing the stress on our magazine springs right away. From now on, we all have to have only an odd number of rounds in our magazines whenever we're on a street or road whose name begins with the first 13 letters of the alphabet or starts with a 1 through 4. Whenever we're on a street or road whose name begins with the last 13 letters of the alphabet or starts with a 5 through 9, we have to have an even number of rounds in our magazines. However, when changing round counts from odd to even or even to odd, the magazine must first be completely be emptied before reloading it to the desired round count. That way the spring can never be 'used' to being in the same position or positions for too long. Anyone not complying with this rule will be placed on double secret probation.
    [/sarcasm]
    I'll do this immediately if not sooner!

If I can figure out what you just said!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't need to call you guy. why would I? he couldn't care less about my views and I am not impressed by him!
    you are easily impressed, the fact that he passed the bar indicates a level of competency it doesn't shed any light on skill. if he says he is confused by the law he isn't much of an attorney, the laws can be ambiguous and they are ambiguous just so guys like him can make a living bending them in favor of their clients so for him to make such a statement that he is confused by the law just proves my point.

that is a conclusion I didn't offer, in court, as with anything, winning during the game means little, when he WINS and is not guilty and is a free man then you can say it was a great tactic.
    Perhaps you haven't heard... this thing is already over. And yes, I trust the knowledge of someone who has proven his abilities by passing a state bar exam. He who guides himself in law despite no education has a fool for a lawyer.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy Outlaw,

Pretty simple.

Paul
    Well the statute you provided in fact, legitimizes Zimmerman's action, if you keep in mind Zimmerman was part of the neighborhood watch. He had a legitimate reason to follow Martin. There had been a string of burglaries in the area, and as a neighborhood watch member or heck just a neighborhood MEMBER, he had a right to follow who ever he wanted to in his neighborhood.

Put the same scenario into a public, rather than private, arena and the scenario changes. But since the entire confrontation took place in a gated community rather than a shoping mall, the "stalking" play does not work.

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
    (1) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
    emphasis added
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast