pitbull attacked me, would you shoot?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pitbull attacked me, would you shoot?

Blog Entries

pitbull attacked me, would you shoot?

while pushing my 3 year old on a swing at a city park, I was attacked by an apparently roaming pitbull. those of you who own these lab created freaks better keep a close eye on them. I had every reason to shoot but didn't because of all the kids watching me. had it not skidded to a stop at the sight of 2 handguns coming out, I would have had no choice. the city police are too lazy to investigate the vicious dog roaming a playground, of course...

Attacked huh? Bit? Jumped up on? Yet, you said the 'pit bull' came to a skidding stop after your pulled out two handguns. If you were truly attacked, the police would investigate as you were getting medical treatment. Not buying the story.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

pitbull attacked me, would you shoot

You or the dog ?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Not buying the story.
    Isn't that a given?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    pitbull attacked me, would you shoot

You or the dog ?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Not buying the story.
    Isn't that a given?
    TCD has quite an interesting life.

Once, as a young man, a roving hound dog attacked me...it came running at me growling then leaped at me like Rin-Tin-Tin on TV used to. I gave it a hard right cross to the jaw while it was in mid-air. Sent the dog flying to its right a few feet. It landed in a pile and ran away whimpering. Didn't have a handgun at the time. Got me to wondering why the people on TV put their arm up for a leaping dog to bite instead of slugging the dog in mid-air.

7. I may just picture a pitbull turn tail and retreat whimpering at a full gallup, at the sight of two guns...or maybe it got shot before, or didn't like the evil-eye the kid was giving him. It had to be the 3 year old, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    while pushing my 3 year old on a swing at a city park, I was attacked by an apparently roaming pitbull. those of you who own these lab created freaks better keep a close eye on them. I had every reason to shoot but didn't because of all the kids watching me. had it not skidded to a stop at the sight of 2 handguns coming out, I would have had no choice. the city police are too lazy to investigate the vicious dog roaming a playground, of course...
    You had every right to bring that dogs life to an end. I hope it doesn't hurt anyone later on.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That's a smart dog. I wonder if you'd pulled out a toy gun if it would have known the difference?

Lab created? Never heard that one before...doubt it was a pitbull though since your knowledge of the breed is so pathetic your credibility is shot.

Dual wielding too....wow

Shoot at whatever threatens your life or families. Sounds like you have no idea what aggressive dog characteristics are, that's fine, your line in the sand for self defense will be different.

I probably wouldn't have shot in your circumstance. Nothing in your OP made me believe it was a pitbull or aggressive. Just made me think there is actually someone who thinks dual wielding is a good idea...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

That lab-created freak is my best friend. plays soccer with the neighborhood kids. Is welcomed by neighbors with a treat. Everyone, I mean everyone that comes into contact with the dog loves it. Not a mean bone in it's body. I don't keep it tied, penned or leashed and have absolutely no concern that it will bite.

Not every unleashed dog running-up to you is bad. Not every dog need be shot. In shooting a dog that hasn't attacked anyone, while in a public park, you create the risk, not the dog.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast