Travon's Mother emailed Me? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Travon's Mother emailed Me?

Must watch and share, Reverend Manning hits another home run!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9s900vZr_k
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Wolf, the parents have been partnered with change.org since shortly after the shooting. Their first petition there is part of what prompted the Governor to appoint Angela Cory as Special Prosecutor.

As far as the content in the email Kramer posted, whether it was actually authored by Martin and Fulton (dad and mom), or they gave permission to attach their names to it, it seems clear to me that it is authorized by them to be circulated with their names attached. There's tons of "cyber-ink" on this email out there, and everything I've run across supports the notion that the parents are involved in spreading it as far and wide as possible.

It's true that Sybrina Fulton secured a trademark on Trayvon's name/image, but both she and dear ol' dad already own the rights to use their own names. Since they were savvy enough to seek protection of how Trayvon's name and image is used, I'm sure they know that they could sue change.org's pants off if their names were being used without permission. I'm gonna say this is "from" them, even though it's quite possible that they had some lawyers and professional writers help them with writing it.

Blues
    Even with that assessment, and I believe you hit the nail on the head Blues, we just did exactly what they wanted... spread the lies. Here in this forum, I would say most of us don't agree with those statements in that email. The question then becomes, do we do ourselves a service by knowing this kind of drivel is out there or a disservice for having read and spread the lies? *shrugs* I'm just playing devil's advocate since I see people getting irate over something that is intended to either get us irate for the lies or get us irate against the lies. We've had many posts where a large number of people see the division this country has been going through because of this case, Obama's actions, etc., yet we bring an email like this into our forum and get further divided from those who think Trayvon is an innocent little black kid who got killed by the white racists. I guess what I'm really trying to say, at some we have to end the division. If they won't, shouldn't we? Or am I being completely naive?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

All I read was "Blah Blah Blah" claiming stand your ground laws are allowing people to get away with murder? I simply wonder how stand your ground acts prevented rape, murder and great bodily harm compared to a thug kid who, im sorry to say got what he deserved? I dont feel bad, maybe Im heartless, but two stupid people made stupid decisions and both paid for it in their own ways. Trayvons mother should let it go, shes fighting an uphill battle. Trial is over, and for the most part, people dont care anymore.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Even with that assessment, and I believe you hit the nail on the head Blues, we just did exactly what they wanted... spread the lies. Here in this forum, I would say most of us don't agree with those statements in that email. The question then becomes, do we do ourselves a service by knowing this kind of drivel is out there or a disservice for having read and spread the lies? *shrugs* I'm just playing devil's advocate since I see people getting irate over something that is intended to either get us irate for the lies or get us irate against the lies. We've had many posts where a large number of people see the division this country has been going through because of this case, Obama's actions, etc., yet we bring an email like this into our forum and get further divided from those who think Trayvon is an innocent little black kid who got killed by the white racists. I guess what I'm really trying to say, at some we have to end the division. If they won't, shouldn't we? Or am I being completely naive?
    I have to disagree. It's about knowing your "enemy". If you try to have an intelligent conversation with one of the Trayvon fan club and try to make them see the light, it is helpfull to know the kind of hagwash they have been fed so you are better able to refute it with facts. They hate facts. If you can get them to see the light, or just get flustered and walk away thinking about it, it can't hurt. This goes for any conservative subject. Remember, 51% of the people out there love Obama (supposedly, though some are dead and others voted multiple times) and they have 80% of the main stream media telling them how right they are and how wrong, racist, hateful and scary we are.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    All I read was "Blah Blah Blah" claiming stand your ground laws are allowing people to get away with murder? I simply wonder how stand your ground acts prevented rape, murder and great bodily harm compared to a thug kid who, im sorry to say got what he deserved? I dont feel bad, maybe Im heartless, but two stupid people made stupid decisions and both paid for it in their own ways. Trayvons mother should let it go, shes fighting an uphill battle. Trial is over, and for the most part, people dont care anymore.
    TJ,
    I thought that initially, but the more I learn the more I think that Zim's only fault was loss of situational awareness. Not following a thug through his neighborhood, not trying to see where he went so he could tell the cops. His problem was losing SA andletting the thug get the jump on him. As far as "people don't care anymore", I don't know. They are still pushing hard for repeal of SYG legislation, and they are also pushing anti-self defense stuff and wanting it to be called "trayvon's law". If the media would get off the bus, yes, people would forget about it. All it takes is a slow news day and they bring it back up to stir the pot.
    Chief

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    My feeling has always been that disagreeable and/or dishonest speech is only defeated by better, more intelligent and honest speech. I would worry if a bunch of gun enthusiasts (like us) were posting in agreement with the email, but that's neither what's happening, nor was it the purpose for it being posted here. If I had received that email, I probably would have posted a thread about it too. As active as I am on the internet though, I guess I am just better at keeping my email address(es) secret than Kramer is. LOL

I agree with the concern you have for furthering the divisiveness that accompanies anything having to do with the Martin/Zimmerman case. When I post on the subject, I try my best to leave racial overtones out of everything I say, so I just talked about the legalities of name/image usage, or when the trial was going on, I just talked about Florida law concerning self defense etc. I only have control over myself. If you and I think we further racial (or other) divisions in society by bringing them up in this specific case, then all either of us can do is be good examples for how to avoid that by leaving that stuff out of our own posts.

I seriously doubt you are naive, wolf. There's a lot of meat on the Martin/Zimmerman bone to discuss without bringing divisiveness into it though. I try to limit my comments to those issues and leave others to immerse themselves in such things as they may.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    My feeling has always been that disagreeable and/or dishonest speech is only defeated by better, more intelligent and honest speech. I would worry if a bunch of gun enthusiasts (like us) were posting in agreement with the email, but that's neither what's happening, nor was it the purpose for it being posted here. If I had received that email, I probably would have posted a thread about it too. As active as I am on the internet though, I guess I am just better at keeping my email address(es) secret than Kramer is. LOL

I agree with the concern you have for furthering the divisiveness that accompanies anything having to do with the Martin/Zimmerman case. When I post on the subject, I try my best to leave racial overtones out of everything I say, so I just talked about the legalities of name/image usage, or when the trial was going on, I just talked about Florida law concerning self defense etc. I only have control over myself. If you and I think we further racial (or other) divisions in society by bringing them up in this specific case, then all either of us can do is be good examples for how to avoid that by leaving that stuff out of our own posts.

I seriously doubt you are naive, wolf. There's a lot of meat on the Martin/Zimmerman bone to discuss without bringing divisiveness into it though. I try to limit my comments to those issues and leave others to immerse themselves in such things as they may.

Blues
    And you got my point exactly. The racial division is what needs to stop. The case was pure and simple, "is it self-defense, or is it not". The jury ruled it was self-defense and acquitted Zimmerman. What I don't understand is the fanning of the flames of racism, especially when Zimmerman was Latino and not white. It's just sheer craziness to me.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

And you got my point exactly. The racial division is what needs to stop. The case was pure and simple, "is it self-defense, or is it not". The jury ruled it was self-defense and acquitted Zimmerman. What I don't understand is the fanning of the flames of racism, especially when Zimmerman was Latino and not white. It's just sheer craziness to me.
    It's an attempt at job security by the race-baiters. Pure and simple. Never let a crisis go to waste.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I can't make the connection between SYG laws and Martin. They want to connect the dots but there's nothing there.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I can't make the connection between SYG laws and Martin. They want to connect the dots but there's nothing there.
    You are assuming they need facts. They haven't needed them up to this point.
    Chief

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234