Well, after nearly three years of trying... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, after nearly three years of trying...

The Doc wants to do a few Cortisone shots to build the Tricare case, then we'll schedule the disectomy... He's seen it happen before where Tricare will deny the $$ for surgery until the patient has gotten the shots, so we're doing that first... then surgery. Gotta love it... Good news is, at this point I don't need to have the discs fused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I've discussed it with a guy I work near who had the surgery last year and so far... he's doing better than before the surgery. We have some pretty good docs here, so with any luck I can have success. I've been in and out of PT since 2010, hasn't been working... so, now we're talking to the surgeon.
    I know we've determined that our two cases are not comparable, but the bold part reminded me of something funny...

I have degenerative disc disease, and have had it since early adulthood. As such, I was always susceptible to straining or otherwise aggravating my back, and had been seeing chiropractors for probably 20 or more years up to the time I actually had surgery. The surgeries were in '02, and I had been seeing the same chiropractor for about two years before that. I had gotten so bad, so crippled and stove up almost all the time, that a chiropractor is actually the one who finally said, "Man, I've done all I can do for you, Blues. At this point you're wasting your money with me. What you need is surgery!"

It shocked the scheisen out of me because I'd always understood chiropractic to be kind of like "anti" medical doctor. Anyway, I gimped my way out of his office and gimped my way into my family practitioner's office and asked her to find me a surgeon, which she did, and the cuttin', scrapin', sawin', boltin' and sewin' commenced about a month or so later. All thanks to a chiropractor that can't even advise his patients to take a freakin' aspirin because that would be outside the parameters of his license. Always struck me as funny, though after proof-reading this, it may be one of those "guess you had to be there" kinda thangs. LOL

Anyway, still praying for you whether you think it does any good for you or not! HA!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Got the first Cortisone Epidural this morning, doc wants to give it the weekend and then give him a call to talk about how I feel. We'll go from there, give it a few weeks and likely do another. After that, schedule surgery... so, perhaps my Xmas gift will be back surgery.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Well, it's been 8 days since the first shot... as predicted, failure. Saturday I could feel some relief but, it quickly went back to normal... Scheduling the second shot Tuesday morning, another week or so from then.

everybody should just refuse to serve until they get paid what mercs get paid, 150k a year (untaxed) The military would get rid of the 90% who are nothing but useless eaters, and we'd be WAY ahead, both as a power and how much tax we'd pay, and what stupid wars we would NOT enter.

Second injection down, one more to go and then we can discuss/schedule surgery...

8. Tricare: government entitlement program.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Second injection down, one more to go and then we can discuss/schedule surgery...
    Hope it works out well for you. Just had spinal stimulator implanted on the 17th and is working as planned. When pain gets bad all I have to do is turn it up with the remote control and pain just goes away! A real God send!!
    PS, This is after 4 back surgeries and 25 years of extreme pain...all gone!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Tricare: government entitlement program.
    Uh huh... is there a point to this remark or is this just more of your clever babble?

Thumbs up UPDATE: Got My Surgery Date!

I had the third cortisone shot about two weeks ago, met with the Doc yesterday to discuss the options and we set a date for the surgery of Jan. 14th... I'm just glad to finally make it to this point, ready to get it over with.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast