The Olympic medal count

Thread: The Olympic medal count

The Olympic medal count

It kinda surprised me that during the entire sixteen days of the Olympics, I did not see a single thread posted about the Olympics. I was on yahoo checking my email a little while ago and saw this article. Pay particularly close attention to the last two items, which deal with the "real" medal count, those medals awarded in sports in which judges don't determine the outcome. I found it quite interesting.

36 facts about the Olympic medal count - Fourth-Place Medal - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

Did you read the comments at the bottom of the article? Chris Chase is not liked very much there. A lot of his facts were questioned. I read it and thought that it was very interesting also but after reading all the comments, well...I don't know.

I just wished they would have shown all the shooting competitions on TV. I guess that was not PC!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

This makes no sense....

1) China won the most gold medals at the Beijing Games with 51. They become the first country to crack the 50-gold mark since the Soviet Union in 1988. The most golds ever won in a single Olympics is 83 (United States, 1984).
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

They don't want to show much on the shooting. It might encourage others to want to learn to shoot.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    They don't want to show much on the shooting. It might encourage others to want to learn to shoot.
    I am just glad that they have not taken shooting out of the olympics altogether. I guess in 2012 there will be no softball. cause no one can give the united states a challenge in it
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Lets get the gold back from chinas 14 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    This makes no sense....

1) China won the most gold medals at the Beijing Games with 51. They become the first country to crack the 50-gold mark since the Soviet Union in 1988. The most golds ever won in a single Olympics is 83 (United States, 1984).
    What part of it makes no sense to you?