Yet another judge overstepping their authority

Thread: Yet another judge overstepping their authority

Yet another judge overstepping their authority

Since when did it become the responsibility of judges to overrule parents in deciding what a child's name should be?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/11...mty_twitter_fn

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Since when did it become the responsibility of judges to overrule parents in deciding what a child's name should be?

Tennessee judge rules infant's name must be changed from 'Messiah' | Fox News
    Man, I saw that earlier today. I'm not thrilled with the name the mom chose for the baby, but screw that judge, it's between Mom and the Real Messiah. None of the judge's business, and I wish Mom knew enough about the law to tell her so. She said in the interview that I saw that if she won in court, she was going to "change the name back to Messiah." She should've said, "His name is Messiah, no matter what you order me to call him, no matter what phony birth certificate you issue with a fake name on it, I'm his mom, and only I will name my baby, not the state."

After Mom wins in court, the judge should be disbarred, maybe even prosecuted for issuing illegal orders under color of authority that she clearly doesn't have under the Constitution.

Blues

Refuse to change the name screw the judge.

5. What about all those kids (and grownups) named Jesus? I agree. Screw the judge.