Dealing With Unstable People On The Internet (Internet Opsec) - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Unstable People On The Internet (Internet Opsec)

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

I belong to several car forums and through those forums I have meet a dozen members and have been to a half dozen of their homes and have met their families.

A lot of the members tha live in more populated areas have big get togethers, cookouts, cars shows, etc.

For some unknown reason the tinfoil hat forums ( aka gun forums ) think that everybody, especially Uncle Sam, is out to get them.

Paul

P.S. Most of the car forum crowd is normal everyday people with wives, kids, mortgage, etc where as the gun forum crowd is made up with a shockingly large number of +40yo SWMs that still live with their mom and have a "Command Post" in the basement.

Gee, maybe that's the problem.
    If that's the way you feel, why are you here? Just trolling?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    C'mon down and set a spell then. And bring your axe. Us Les Paul'ers can always use some extra firewood! LOL Bama honors all states' permission slips too, and you don't have to see a judge to validate your "right" to carry! LOL

BluesClues(???)
    Don't have a Les Paul. Always wanted one. Had my friends for about a year while he recovered from an accident... it was sweet. A little pricey but sweet. I got a Gibson ES-335 last year, which I love. Running it through a Rivera amp. Caused me to put my strat and telecaster on the shelf for a while.
    Recently had a big surprise. Went to an open-mic blues night last Wednesday and my friend introduced me to Vito Liussi, drummer for Jonny Winter & Edgar Winter. Apparently he lives nearby and when he's not on tour he goes to the jams to keep in practice. Got to play four tunes with him, including Tobacco Road. What's the chances something like that would happen? Got his phone number. Next time he's playing I'm going back, it was very cool......... https://www.google.com/search?q=vito...w=1438&bih=631
    Palladia Channel's been running a Warren Haynes concert. Excellent! Can't believe how fast those pudgy fingers can move.
    BC
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Howdy,

I belong to several car forums and through those forums I have meet a dozen members and have been to a half dozen of their homes and have met their families.

A lot of the members tha live in more populated areas have big get togethers, cookouts, cars shows, etc.

For some unknown reason the tinfoil hat forums ( aka gun forums ) think that everybody, especially Uncle Sam, is out to get them.

Paul

P.S. Most of the car forum crowd is normal everyday people with wives, kids, mortgage, etc where as the gun forum crowd is made up with a shockingly large number of +40yo SWMs that still live with their mom and have a "Command Post" in the basement.

What? Holy smokes! Where does that babble come from? Here's a hint... there is no constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to a custom car. I suggest you start second guessing your preconceived beliefs because you're so off base it's laughable.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I suggest you start second guessing your preconceived beliefs because you're so off base it's laughable.
    ...said BC1 from the underground momma bunker!

If you understood how demographics relates to the subject of that post you would realize there is more truth to it than you think. Different online communities have different demographics. Believing this one is somehow representative of a broader swath of the population than one about something like cars would be rather disingenuous.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Don't have a Les Paul.
    Yeah, I remember. I was just foolin' with ya.

Always wanted one. Had my friends for about a year while he recovered from an accident... it was sweet. A little pricey but sweet.
    Hey, it's hard to put a price on perfection! HA!

I got a Gibson ES-335 last year, which I love. Running it through a Rivera amp. Caused me to put my strat and telecaster on the shelf for a while.
    335 is close enough. Leave the Fender firewood at home and c'mon down! LOL

Recently had a big surprise. Went to an open-mic blues night last Wednesday and my friend introduced me to Vito Liussi, drummer for Jonny Winter & Edgar Winter. Apparently he lives nearby and when he's not on tour he goes to the jams to keep in practice. Got to play four tunes with him, including Tobacco Road. What's the chances something like that would happen? Got his phone number. Next time he's playing I'm going back, it was very cool......... https://www.google.com/search?q=vito...w=1438&bih=631
    Too cool man. Get a video of the next jam!

One of the ABB's original drummers lives fairly close to you too. Not sure what town, but Jaimoe lives in CT and has his own band that tours the NE in the Brother's off-season. Called "Jaimoe's Jasssz Band," and it includes David Stoltz on bass and Kris Jenson on sax, both of whom joined Dickey Betts when he left the ABB and re-started "Great Southern." They both stayed with Dickey for a couple of years (+/-) before heading back home to the NE where Jaimoe scooped them up in a hurry. Both awesome players, as is Jaimoe. Junior Mack is the guitarist and main lead singer. You ought to try to see 'em sometime. You can find tour dates at www.jaimoe.com .

Palladia Channel's been running a Warren Haynes concert. Excellent! Can't believe how fast those pudgy fingers can move.
    That dude's got so much soul, it hurts!

HA HA! Have a good'un, man. Hey, we should meet up one of these days! LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Howdy,

Paul

I don't know what gun forums you have been on but it can't have been more than a cursory look. I don't know of one "tin-foil hat" member on here unless it is you. I belong to several gun forums and, except for a rare OP that doesn't seem to do more than post one wild statement like yours never to be heard from again, I haven't run into one that was a "40-something still living with the Mom and a Command Post in the basement". Most of those on this forum are fantastic, patriotic, freedom loving, knowledgeable and very savvy individuals, men and women, of many ages. We are here to share, to teach or to learn. We know the seriousness of making a commitment to carry and understand that learning and training to be proficient is part of that commitment. Those who are regulars on here are always willing to help a person new to firearms or to carry and answer any questions they may have. We are active citizens of this great country and, we have every right to discuss with others if we disagree with decisions being made by our politicians, irregardless of their party affiliation.
    -----As a trained lifelong historian, I can attest that our Founding Fathers urged all those who followed them to be vigilant of our elected leaders. They understood that many times throughout history all great powers downfall began when their political leaders stopped being responsive to the citizens and abused their powers. Some of us are concerned that too many in both parties have forgotten their powers are from the citizens. You don't have to agree, but don't dismiss our concerns thinking we have no right to them.
    -----Although I don't have local regulars on this forum to create a local show or sit down at their place like you mentioned for the car shows, I have had invitations to "come by and shoot with me" from some across this country. As far as gun shows, in my neck of the woods, those attending have consistently been respectful of exhibiters and others attending the show. Many times I have had someone tell me about their firearm like the one I would be checking and I have done the same for others. And, I can't speak for your part of the country but those in my town that attend gun shows are private citizens, LEO, couples, many women, single and as a couple, some families, all colors, military, young adult and senior citizen. I haven't seen one person with a "tin-foil hat". Yes, I would venture to say average people with families and mortgages, etc. Your car clubs don't hold a corner on these "normal everyday folks". Just as your car owners enjoy tinkering with their cars to make them special, we "normal" gun owners on this forum and at local gun shows enjoy finding that special gun, maybe "tricking" it out with something special and becoming proficient with it.
    -----As already mentioned, if you don't like this or other gun forums, nobody is forcing you to be part of them or our forum. You have the option of being respectful to those posting here. But I think most on this forum will not accept your condemnation that "we" have a problem.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dgifted View Post
    ..."we" have a problem.
    We are what we are and it is what it is. Nobody said we had a "problem." In the specific theoretical case suggested, I believe "Mom" would be the one with a problem.

Are you worried maybe somebody's Mom has this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    ...said BC1 from the underground momma bunker!

If you understood how demographics relates to the subject of that post you would realize there is more truth to it than you think. Different online communities have different demographics. Believing this one is somehow representative of a broader swath of the population than one about something like cars would be rather disingenuous.
    And many of those car forum members go home to gun ownership. So to which populace do they belong? The guy made a generic statement applying to all gun owners, including you. Do you own a gun? Then you must own a tin foil hat? C'mon, that's ridiculous. While there is a certain demographic it doesn't apply to all gun owners... unless you think like Obama. Then you believe we "cling to guns and religion."
    Perhaps you'd find more in common with folks like you at another forum. Misery loves company.
    - www.huffingtonpost.com
    - www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org
    - www.bradycampaign.org/
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

And many of those car forum members go home to gun ownership. So to which populace do they belong? The guy made a generic statement applying to all gun owners, including you. Do you own a gun? Then you must own a tin foil hat? C'mon, that's ridiculous. While there is a certain demographic it doesn't apply to all gun owners...
    From the wiki:
    • "Demographics are the quantifiable statistics of a given population. Demographics is also used to identify the study of quantifiable subsets within a given population which characterize that population at a specific point in time."

Perhaps you will someday realize that generalities and absolutes are aspects of conversation particularly abused by people with limited knowledge.

You will find the quantifiable statistics of the population of all gun owners contains a subset of mamma bunker boys that is statistically larger than the population at large. That is a fact, bubba. Live with it. The car crowd has some subsets too. Mamma bunker boys is not a statistically significant one in that group.

That's the truth of the point he was making. Chew on it for awhile, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Chew it for a while.

How's the weather on your planet?

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast