Aetna Pulls Out of Another Obamacare Health Exchange

Thread: Aetna Pulls Out of Another Obamacare Health Exchange

by Wynton Hall

America's third largest health insurer, Aetna Inc., has announced it will not sell insurance on New York's Obamacare health insurance exchange, the fifth state the company has pulled out of in the last few weeks.

The other states Aetna has opted out of for Obamacare insurance exchange participation are Maryland, Ohio, Georgia, and Connecticut.

"We believe it is critical that our plans not only be competitive, but also financially viable," said Aetna spokesperson Cynthia Michener. "On New York, as a result of our analysis, we reluctantly came to the conclusion to withdraw."

Obamacare's individual mandate requires all Americans to have health insurance or pay a penalty. Some health insurers are foregoing participation in the Obamacare exchanges due to costly mandates to provide a selection of services and a requirement to accept all individuals regardless of pre-existing conditions.

Aetna never intended to participate in California, and Anthem Blue Cross and United Health Group made a similar decision to steer clear of California's Obamacare exchanges as well.

In 2009, President Barack Obama promised his government healthcare overhaul would not threaten personal insurance plans.

"No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period," he claimed. "No one will take it away. No matter what."

The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    In 2009, President Barack Obama promised his government healthcare overhaul would not threaten personal insurance plans.

"No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period," he claimed. "No one will take it away. No matter what."
    What Obama left out was, "You can keep your doctor and health plan if they are still available". I'm sure that was just and over-site on his part.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Howdy,

Last week I got a letter from the VA stating that my participation in the VA Healthcare system met all the requirements of having healthcare as defined in AHA.

So, I'm good to go!

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Last week I got a letter from the VA stating that my participation in the VA Healthcare system met all the requirements of having healthcare as defined in AHA.

So, I'm good to go!

Paul
    For today...

Believing that Obama is going to suddenly start telling the truth is pretty much like believing in evolution.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

I got the VA letter to, but I also do health care sales, and have been through some of the training involved in the Exchanges, now to be called Marketplaces. The VA is NOT mentioned in this training as not being involved.

The training was very heavy on personal information security.

The real disaster in the making is the fact that the elements needed in the Marketplaces for a government subsidy involve the IRS and Social Security information, and the security of that data, and the ability to get into the system for other personal information, is not there yet. The bureaucratic fools in Maryland - that is where it is being run from - were so security conscious that they let this information be printed in a small, local newspaper called THE WASHINGTON POST.

Any hacker anywhere in the world is probably hitting on the system links, because the identity theft gold mine is there...
    Orlando, FL

Eh, Im not conforming like alot of other sheep. I refuse to jump on the Obamacare band wagon, I wont pay the fine, and I wont get health insurance because Big Brother SAID SO. Screw it. Whos with me? I hope in some way, theres a big enough revolt something good will come of it. I didnt vote on it, I aint gettin it. Nuff said. I guess its my way of stickin it to the man.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.