Syria, Yes, Syria, No - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria, Yes, Syria, No

Personally, I think we need to stay out of it. Its a Civil War. It would be like we support Al Queda all of a sudden. The major group over there is linked to Al Queda in many ways, if I still wore my uniform, I would refuse to fight period. Kick me out or arrest me, I wont help the same people who I was fighting against in Afghanistan, period.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I, for one, think that the U.S. still stands to lose more than it could possibly gain by intervening. If ever there was a time for us not to play the role of the world's police, this is that time.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    That was my opinion on post #1.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    When Congress Votes what are they voting on? To allow Obama to Save Face or to not make the United States Of America look like a Nation of Cowards?

If we are to believe that a strike will "Cripple Assad", then what? There is no "Win" for the United States. Assad may very well commit a desperate act and attack Israel in the opening volley.

Urge your Member of Congress to vote NO Strike on Syria. They are your voice.

Directory of Representatives House.gov

Find him or her here.
    A strike on Syria would be an act of futility at this stage of the game. Assad (or his handlers) have used this procrastination time to redeploy Syria's assets and, unless our intelligence information is extremely accurate, leaves us little chance of inflicting damage of much significance. The rebels have already admitted that they were the ones to use the gas. That being the case, our strikes should be on the rebels, if it is our duty to mete out punishment on anyone. We have no real justification for being involved in Syria at all so why get us into a situation that will have enormous consequences? The U.S. has been involved in war in the Middle East much too long and it is time for us to fall back, regroup and look after our own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Personally, I think we need to stay out of it. Its a Civil War. It would be like we support Al Queda all of a sudden. The major group over there is linked to Al Queda in many ways, if I still wore my uniform, I would refuse to fight period. Kick me out or arrest me, I wont help the same people who I was fighting against in Afghanistan, period.
    Its a tough stand to take when your wearing the uniform. I am very glad I never had such a decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    A strike on Syria would be an act of futility at this stage of the game. Assad (or his handlers) have used this procrastination time to redeploy Syria's assets and, unless our intelligence information is extremely accurate, leaves us little chance of inflicting damage of much significance. The rebels have already admitted that they were the ones to use the gas. That being the case, our strikes should be on the rebels, if it is our duty to mete out punishment on anyone. We have no real justification for being involved in Syria at all so why get us into a situation that will have enormous consequences? The U.S. has been involved in war in the Middle East much too long and it is time for us to fall back, regroup and look after our own country.
    Here, Here... The Motion is carried. I absolutely agree. This is why its Important to let Congress hear our voice. Write your congressman.

We may get into a Real War and we are not the USA of the pre and post WWII. We do not have the huge heavy industies, China makes most all of the goods we buy and we are still at the mercy of imported oil. This lap top, the flat screen tv and even the electric parts for my SUV and pick up truck are all made in China, I always look. And no sand hill is worth my grandkids life. We need to re-group, bring folks home, the next war should be a must fight war not a police action. I would take my grandkids to Canada if this gets out of hand. We would go it alone or with just France and we have way too much infighting in this country with the invaders from the south (Illegals) the LGBT fight and the national credit card is way over drawn. That and B. H. Obama might make Putin mad and we dont want that. The up coming G20 in Russia, do they have golf thier, otherwise, Obama will have to work. Putin appears to be manly, Obama is a sissy girl.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

I firmly believe that a strike on Syria would not be in the USA's best interest. The ONLY reason obummer and his minions want to do it, is to try and save obummer from losing face.

But my BIG questions are, IF obummer orders a strike where will obummer be while it is going on??? Will he be hiding under his bed like he did during Benghazi?? Or will he just go on vacation again!!

Our people in the military deserve much better Commander-in Chief!

So far not one voice saying we need to strike Syria.
    PLEASE contact your Member of Congress. You may be the voice they recall when they are called upon to vote.
    I did contact my Congressman and he sent me a copy of the letter he sent to the President.
    He is voting NO.

Latest and greatest was "Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
    Do you go to heaven immediately upon death? or, Do you await judgement day and sleep a deep sleep? This is an ongoing debate.
    Ongoing debate, really? C'mon, anyone who has read the Bible knows that "Absent from the body, present with the Lord", that's certainly not "deep sleep", is it? The "Paradise" that Jesus referenced to the thief on the cross was the place of Abraham's Bosom where the faithful resided until they could be led captive by Christ into the Kingdom. And, no Christian awaits Judgement Day, there is no Judgement Day for Christians, only the Bema Seat of Christ to receive reward. It's unbelievable that anyone proclaiming to be a Christian could be so ignorant of these basic Scriptures taught in a third grade Sunday school class. Pathetic.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Russia and China have Nukes. If Israel strikes Damascus, the following Volley out of Russia would send Israel into the sea.

Israel would be unable to defend against an attack of this magnitude.
    China doesn't come into the Middle East scenario until the Battle of Armageddon when they invade Israel with their two hundred million man army. When Russia invades Israel in Ezekiel 38-39 it is God Himself who fights the battle and destroys all but 1/6 of the Russian & Islamic military. Read the Bible, Israel will never be defeated again, NEVER.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast