Syria, Yes, Syria, No - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria, Yes, Syria, No

ezkl2230 Guest
    I just emailed this to Pres. Obama, Senators Stabenow and Levin, and my state representatives:

This graphic clearly illustrates why we must stay out of Syria. There is no way we can involve ourselves in this conflict without supporting sworn enemies of our country.

Contrary to the old saw, the enemy of my enemy is…. still my enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    China doesn't come into the Middle East scenario until the Battle of Armageddon when they invade Israel with their two hundred million man army. When Russia invades Israel in Ezekiel 38-39 it is God Himself who fights the battle and destroys all but 1/6 of the Russian & Islamic military. Read the Bible, Israel will never be defeated again, NEVER.
    Now this is a documented fact. Thanks, well said, good and faithful poster.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Ongoing debate, really? C'mon, anyone who has read the Bible knows that "Absent from the body, present with the Lord", that's certainly not "deep sleep", is it? The "Paradise" that Jesus referenced to the thief on the cross was the place of Abraham's Bosom where the faithful resided until they could be led captive by Christ into the Kingdom. And, no Christian awaits Judgement Day, there is no Judgement Day for Christians, only the Bema Seat of Christ to receive reward. It's unbelievable that anyone proclaiming to be a Christian could be so ignorant of these basic Scriptures taught in a third grade Sunday school class. Pathetic.

And this is the side I am on. However, I choose not to use terms like "Pathetic" When engaged in debate. Somehow it just takes away from the lively debate the Lord clearly anticipated.
    Remember, discussion about the Bible is always good.
    I'm not sure any man has an overall clear idea of what every line and parable was meant to say. Maybe, I just think there is room for error in every man.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

5. Syria no they can't. even fix our own problems at home

If you heard the protestor at the end of Kerry's speech, she said "Launching Cruise Missile's Means War", She's right. If the United States of America launches any kind of attack, it is war on Syria.
    Also:
    It has been said "No Boots On The Ground" I assure you, we already have assets on the ground as well as in the air.
    Drones are surely circling and recording all movements. Special forces or CIA Ops. are in place on the ground observing and reporting.
    Anyone who was once in the know, knows exactly what I am talking about.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Remember, discussion about the Bible is always good.
    I just think there is room for error in every man.
    Agreed, discussion about the Bible is always good. There most definitely is room for error in every man, however, not so of the Scriptures. You say that you choose not to use terms like "Pathetic" when engaged in debate, somehow it just takes away from the lively debate. Quite to the contrary, IMO nothing takes away from a lively debate more so than political correctness. pa·thet·ic... Arousing or capable of arousing sympathetic sadness and compassion, arousing or capable of arousing scornful pity, distressingly inadequate, weak and useless (a pathetic attempt). So again I say, "It's unbelievable that anyone proclaiming to be a Christian could be so ignorant of these basic Scriptures taught in a third grade Sunday school class. Pathetic".
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Ongoing debate, really? C'mon, anyone who has read the Bible knows that "Absent from the body, present with the Lord", that's certainly not "deep sleep", is it? The "Paradise" that Jesus referenced to the thief on the cross was the place of Abraham's Bosom where the faithful resided until they could be led captive by Christ into the Kingdom. And, no Christian awaits Judgement Day, there is no Judgement Day for Christians, only the Bema Seat of Christ to receive reward. It's unbelievable that anyone proclaiming to be a Christian could be so ignorant of these basic Scriptures taught in a third grade Sunday school class. Pathetic.
    Something that has kept me from being 100% sure on this is where we're told that "...the dead in Christ shall rise first..." Remember, we're dealing with Someone who compares a thousand years to one day.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I firmly believe that a strike on Syria would not be in the USA's best interest. The ONLY reason obummer and his minions want to do it, is to try and save obummer from losing face.

But my BIG questions are, IF obummer orders a strike where will obummer be while it is going on??? Will he be hiding under his bed like he did during Benghazi?? Or will he just go on vacation again!!

Our people in the military deserve much better Commander-in Chief!
    As I posted in another thread, I still say he wants us involved in Syria because all Muslims (Obama) are required to help other Muslims (Alquida (sp), Muslim brotherhood, etc.
    He has no interest in protecting this country and couldn't care less about the American people or the Constitution.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Barry wants to arm Al Queda (Didn't they blow up the Pentagon and World Trade Center, and if not for brave passengers the White House or Congress might have gotten hit?) BUT, he wants to disarm Law Abiding Citizens.... Does this not seem like the Manchurian Candidate, or am I wearing the FOIL hat too tight ?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Just a quick follow up:
    I wrote to Mike Huckabee and asked him to explain to the American people what is happening and its Biblical relationship.
    If anyone can, Huckabee Can.
    I got started on learning Scripture late in life. Long story that I've told before somewhere here, but true nonetheless. There are people here on this site, as well as one other site, as well as in the "real" world, who I would seek advice from concerning Scripture. However, in seeking that advice, I would not ask them to "explain" to me how what is happening relates to the Bible, I would ask them to point me in the right direction to know where to look for myself in the Bible to find the knowledge that I seek. If I don't understand, or simply want to discuss, the way language is used, I may come back to them help and/or discussion, but if they tell me anything that seems inconsistent with, or in contradiction of, what the Bible itself says, I'm taking the Bible's word for it.

As far as politicians go, Huckabee seems like one of the nicer, more honest ones, plus he's a musician who is a big-time fan of some of my favorite music and artists, but he cannot explain anything to me about "what is happening and its Biblical relationship" that I can't read for myself as long as I am directed to the relevant passages and verses. I have been directed to those relevant passages. If I were to write to Huckabee, I would say as one Christian to another, please read these relevant passages and incorporate them in whatever you say (on Fox or anywhere else) about Scripture so that more Christians have the chance to join our Lord in eternity. As nice of a guy, and as honest as he may well be, if he doesn't believe what the Bible that he professes to believe in says, he will not meet our Lord with the rest of us, nor will he ever.

New train of thought, not in reply to Kramer (specifically):

I've had the TV on all afternoon with the sound down. Just can't stand to listen to most of those hacks. But as Kerry and Rand Paul were engaged just a few minutes ago, I went ahead and turned it up, and must say that I found Kerry sitting there advocating for Obama to treat Syria as basically a "free-fire-zone" was hilarious to me. I remember so clearly him sitting before some congressional panel back in what? '72? Somewhere in that neighborhood - but anyway, he was the consummate anti-war, anti-foreign-interventionist, and the hypocrisy of him trading what many believe is a principled stand against unspeakable violence on a primitive people, for a position of power at the right hand of a man no less capable of involving the state in violence foreign or domestic than Pol Pot or any number of other murderous tyrants, was on such vivid display that it defies credulity to think that I would be in a minority of Americans who saw it as such. I can't wait to get back home to my wife after spending those few minutes on the other side of the looking glass!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast