Syria, Yes, Syria, No - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Syria, Yes, Syria, No

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Something that has kept me from being 100% sure on this is where we're told that "...the dead in Christ shall rise first..." Remember, we're dealing with Someone who compares a thousand years to one day.
    I Thes. 4:16-17. "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are ALIVE and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

The dead in Christ being referred to here are those Christians who have already died. Their souls are already with the Lord. Now, at the Rapture, their bodies and souls will be reunited. We, who are still alive at the Rapture will be taken, body and soul, at the same time. No time comparison to be worried about here. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I got started on learning Scripture late in life. Long story that I've told before somewhere here, but true nonetheless. There are people here on this site, as well as one other site, as well as in the "real" world, who I would seek advice from concerning Scripture. However, in seeking that advice, I would not ask them to "explain" to me how what is happening relates to the Bible, I would ask them to point me in the right direction to know where to look for myself in the Bible to find the knowledge that I seek. If I don't understand, or simply want to discuss, the way language is used, I may come back to them help and/or discussion, but if they tell me anything that seems inconsistent with, or in contradiction of, what the Bible itself says, I'm taking the Bible's word for it.

As far as politicians go, Huckabee seems like one of the nicer, more honest ones, plus he's a musician who is a big-time fan of some of my favorite music and artists, but he cannot explain anything to me about "what is happening and its Biblical relationship" that I can't read for myself as long as I am directed to the relevant passages and verses. I have been directed to those relevant passages. If I were to write to Huckabee, I would say as one Christian to another, please read these relevant passages and incorporate them in whatever you say (on Fox or anywhere else) about Scripture so that more Christians have the chance to join our Lord in eternity. As nice of a guy, and as honest as he may well be, if he doesn't believe what the Bible that he professes to believe in says, he will not meet our Lord with the rest of us, nor will he ever.

New train of thought, not in reply to Kramer (specifically):

I've had the TV on all afternoon with the sound down. Just can't stand to listen to most of those hacks. But as Kerry and Rand Paul were engaged just a few minutes ago, I went ahead and turned it up, and must say that I found Kerry sitting there advocating for Obama to treat Syria as basically a "free-fire-zone" was hilarious to me. I remember so clearly him sitting before some congressional panel back in what? '72? Somewhere in that neighborhood - but anyway, he was the consummate anti-war, anti-foreign-interventionist, and the hypocrisy of him trading what many believe is a principled stand against unspeakable violence on a primitive people, for a position of power at the right hand of a man no less capable of involving the state in violence foreign or domestic than Pol Pot or any number of other murderous tyrants, was on such vivid display that it defies credulity to think that I would be in a minority of Americans who saw it as such. I can't wait to get back home to my wife after spending those few minutes on the other side of the looking glass!

Blues
    Blues,
    You have to look at the nation as a whole. Most people cast their vote based on Soundbites on a television commercial. They do not dig to learn more, they do not research their candidate.
    What I wanted to achieve was not Mr. Huckabee explaining anything to you or people like you. The Lazy Masses who will not take a moment to research the available data to make an educated decision.
    We don't need anything explained to us, but a vast majority of the people in this country do.
    Not speaking for the one, but for the many.
    I guess for those who received their Obama Phone the decision and the red line drawn by Obama are "All Good!".
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

1% of the people make things happen, 9% of the people watch things happen, and 90% of the people ask, what happened? It's always been that way and it will always will be that way, right up until the end.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    1% of the people make things happen, 9% of the people watch things happen, and 90% of the people ask, what happened? It's always been that way and it will always be that way, right up until the end.
    Show me where the bible says anything like this or that we are to bitterly feel this way.

There is always hope.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer".

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Show me where the bible says anything like this or that we are to bitterly feel this way.

There is always hope.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer".
    I have no idea of what you consider "bitterly". However, yes, "rejoice in hope", the only hope, the "Blessed Hope", the Rapture. I'm always very patient and constantly in prayer when afflicted with adversity (tribulation), no problem. Because you ask...(Godlessness In The Last Days) 2nd Timothy 3:7.."Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth". 3:13."Evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived". Now you show me one verse of scripture that declares that anything will get better before the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Again Ringo, Hope.

I don't know you Ringo, and you don't know me. Your Biblical knowledge is Impressive. My Wife shares in reading your posts and we research what you reference.
    You know what is in your heart but others reading your non-Biblical posts do not.

Take a moment and read some of those posts and see if they reflect the man you really are.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Blues,
    You have to look at the nation as a whole. Most people cast their vote based on Soundbites on a television commercial. They do not dig to learn more, they do not research their candidate.
    What I wanted to achieve was not Mr. Huckabee explaining anything to you or people like you. The Lazy Masses who will not take a moment to research the available data to make an educated decision.
    We don't need anything explained to us, but a vast majority of the people in this country do.
    Not speaking for the one, but for the many.
    I guess for those who received their Obama Phone the decision and the red line drawn by Obama are "All Good!".
    Well, you're right, I do tend to reply to subjects based only on my view(s) of the world (or nation, whatever). While I try as hard as I can to have empathy for others' shortcomings or challenges or whatever, it's difficult for me to put myself in their shoes, especially if I feel like I have to pretend to be looking through a set of woefully uninformed eyes to do it. But point taken.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You know what is in your heart but others reading your non-Biblical posts do not.

Take a moment and read some of those posts and see if they reflect the man you really are.
    Not a concern Kramer, I'm a "WATCHMAN", not a pastor.

As much as i agree with this is not our war, WW2 made the US the "big kid on the block" and if a line has been drawn globally, everyone looks at is to enforce these treaties because of our reputation. If they cant rely on us to uphold and enforce line that have been in place since WW1 then noone will be able to rely on us in the future. This is the problem we have caused for ourselves.

Doc Childs
    sig p250
    "There's two fly flags above my land that really sum up how I feel. One flies high and proud, the red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake with a simple statement shown 'Don't tread on me' is what I believe and I'll take it to my grave." - Aaron Watson

Again Ringo, Hope.
    We are referring to End Times Kramer. Exactly what "Hope" are you referencing? Hope for what? The End of The Book has already been written and nothing will change it. So again Kramer, the only hope is ESCAPE and the only means of that ESCAPE is the Blessed Hope/Rapture. (Luke 21:36)... "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE "ALL" these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." And again Kramer, I still have no idea of what you consider "bitterly" (please explain). And once again Kramer, "Now you show me one verse of scripture that declares that anything will get better before the 2nd Coming of Christ (even before the 7 year Tribulation Period if it helps you).

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast