Scientific Proof That God Is Real! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientific Proof That God Is Real!

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Doesn't matter what you put up. Atheists and Agnostics won't be happy until we all believe what they do. It's not ok with them that Christians beleive in God and display a cross to indicate their faith. Atheists and Agnostics have nothing to display to show their none faith. All the science in the world will ever prove to them the existence of an entity they can't see nor touch. Anything that doesn't fit into the material world of humanity just can't be for them. To each his own.
    I teach physics and have a faith that God has granted to me. It's actually amazing how many in the field of science also share faith in God and in Jesus, our Savior. What is more baffling are people like Stephen Hawking whose life work of Unified Field Theory (the idea of one equation to explain all forces in the Universe) was such that its impetus was to prove that God did not exist. You see, he has stated that if there is one equation that man could understand to describe all four fundamental forces of nature then that would mean that there is no God. What he fails to realize is that it actually presents a more cogent argument that if there is a logical mathematical argument about the way the Universe operates, then that means there was an intelligent designer, or from those that have faith, God.

You are so right that the active non-believing Atheist, or the one who claims that one cannot know either way (Agnostic) will more than likely cling to that belief no matter what evidence is presented. The reason... faith also comes from God as does a Godly wisdom, who's beginning is fear of the Lord. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

3. That video is comical. Anybody who thinks that's scientific proof of anything simply doesn't understand what scientific proof involves. Hint: it doesn't involve contrived and disingenuous assumptions and "analysis" structured to lead to the intended result under a facade of neutrality and objectivity.

Question for the religious: If your beliefs are faith-based (by definition the antithesis of science and immune to the scientific method), why allow yourselves to get sucked into indulging in these laughable attempts to prove scientifically what you've long said is a matter of (non-scientific) faith?

If there were no God, there couldn't be any atheists, because an atheist needs a God to argue against. If God actually didn't exist - there could be no working concept of theism, so the unbelieving atheist would have nothing to oppose.

In HELL Everyone Is A Believer...It's Just Too Late.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If there were no God, there couldn't be any atheists, because an atheist needs a God to argue against. If God actually didn't exist - there could be no working concept of theism, so the unbelieving atheist would have nothing to oppose.
    If there were no god, there would still be legions of people who would invent one (or more) to explain what they don't comprehend or to exercise power over and control of others, or both. Inevitably they would be very vocal (and worse) about their fabricated deity and this--not the existence or non-existence of one or more gods--would cause backlash among the educated, rational, and skeptical. The religious, understanding only what they were told to believe by people with big hairdos claiming to have an open channel to their god (proof of which would be found in an old collection of many-times-revised manuscripts written long after the facts they discuss) would label them "atheists" and "blasphemers" for daring to disagree with conventional wisdom and would torture and murder as many of the latter as possible "for the good of their souls." The religious would accuse the newly-labeled atheists of being anti-god and declare them incapable of moral reasoning because of the absence in their lives of a supernatural moral compass. Some would even try to impeach atheism by calling it a religion. But lo! Science, books, and the internet would eventually undercut religion and make it irrelevant by making people aware of the power of rational thinking causing the religious in their last years to invent more fictions like "war on christianity." Eventually, homages to "god" would disappear from currency to be replaced with much more important names like Galileo, Copernicus, Bruno, Newton, Planck, Tesla, Darwin, Edison, Oppenheimer, and Gates. And finally all would be good.

Kaper, you can call false gods whatever you want, but they are not gods. Idols, yes but not gods. People make anything out to be a god if they want to. Things such as money, power, fame, fortune, whatever - but that's idolatry not a god. There is only one true and living God and that's the one that you read about in the Bible, his holy word. He was the one who created man and all the universe, the same one that was the God of Israel, the same one that was God in the flesh in the form of Jesus Christ who died for our sins, the same God who offered the saving gospel to Cornelius and the rest of the Gentiles (whole world). He'll be the same God we'll see on judgment day, either to receive our reward in heaven or our punishment in hell, whichever we deserve because of the life we lived. God says (through his son) that His word (the Bible) will judge us on that day. Many will laugh at me for being a Christian, but in the end it'll be their loss unless they see the foolishness of their ways before it's too late.

"If God exists then science should be able to prove it."
    ~
    Ahhhh... no. A bit ignorant to think that physics as we understand it considers everything. Same as SETI listening for radio waves of aliens. Who decided aliens will use radio transmission. We're more like ancient man jumping off a cliff with bird wings to see if we can fly.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

8. Science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of a supernatural being of some sort. The closest it can come is to generate probabilities and inferences. "Conclusive proof" is a rhetorical device in most cases, and in most cases is not only irrelevant but meaningless. Strong inferences and probabilities are good enough except that they leave a miniscule area of uncertainty which both sides will inevitably try to exploit with all the sophistry they can bring to bear. In the final analysis, it's faith that fails the most because the burden of proving (even though through probabilities and inferences) the existence of the supernatural beings (myriads of gods throughout history) is on those asserting their existence; there is not burden of disproof on skeptical unbelievers.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Doesn't matter what you put up. Atheists and Agnostics won't be happy until we all believe what they do. It's not ok with them that Christians beleive in God and display a cross to indicate their faith. Atheists and Agnostics have nothing to display to show their none faith. All the science in the world will ever prove to them the existence of an entity they can't see nor touch. Anything that doesn't fit into the material world of humanity just can't be for them. To each his own.
    That seems to be the case with 99% of christians also. I have never seen an atheist on a street corner with a bull horn scream nonsense about burning in hell or similarly fable based horror, but I've seen many the so called christian doing just that.

Just keep your nonsense out of our laws, and we're good. When you choose the option to force your rules based on fable on me, then we have a problem.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Not sure were you get this 99% number. It's more like 1% of so called Christians, mostly born again Christians, that stand on a street corner screaming at people. Most of the Christian I know go about their business not pushing their believes on anyone not interested. Like I said to each his own.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

A very interesting presentation. If I did not have faith, this would have made me consider that I might be wrong. But then I enjoy scientific reasoning too, and as I said, this was a good presentation.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast