Google Chrome - New Web Browser From Google
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome - New Web Browser From Google

Google Chrome - New Web Browser From Google

Google Chrome - Download a new browser

I just downloaded it and tried it out. It seems to be pretty fast compared to Internet Explorer and Firefox as far as loading pages. Just thought I'd share, it came out today.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I don't trust google that much yet. Glad it's working for you........
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Really? I use Google for just about everything, email, bookmarks, notebooks, payment processing, desktop search....now a browser.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

ok, guess I"ll have to fess up to being a bit paranoid re the "latest and greatest" on the internet. I'm not ready to break out the tin foil hats, but I do wonder about how easy it would be to milk information from unsuspecting users, especially when most of them (including me) have no idea how to know or find out if info is leaving your computer without your knowledge........ yep I realize that I'm in that position right now, but I took the point enough times. For now, I"ll follow you....... in a little while....maybe......
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

That's totally understandable. I personally trust google and the products they put out but that's just me.

I heard about it on Fox this morning and forgot to check it out. Thanks for reminding me Luke. I use Google exclusively and have no reason to not trust them.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Well I downloaded it and so far not too bad. Really fast loading and the only thing I don't like is the Spell Checker. It underlines a misspelled word but doesn't suggest any spellings. I'll use it for browsing but I miss my ieSpell. Hopefully they will come out with a better Spell Checker!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Whats wrong with tin foil helments?

I tested it out and didnt really like the feel of it. It is still in beta though, will be interested to see how it all turns out.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    That's totally understandable. I personally trust google and the products they put out but that's just me.
    So do I. BTW, did it cost you anything to download this new browser? Is there a version for Macs, or only available for PCs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast