New Toy....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Toy....

New Toy....

I know its not a new gun but I've been wanting to get a longboard for the gulf coast surf. I sold one of my short boards the other day and found a good deal today. So I bought it. Its a 9'0" Watercooled 2+1 longboard. (Watercooled is the brand name).

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I didn't think there was a Lot of of wave action on that side of the state or do you travel to the east coast to surf.
    Raul In Sunny Tavernier, The Florida Keys.
    Glock: Feed it dirt, it'll still work.
    CWFL. Speak softly and carry concealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seafoxfla View Post
    I didn't think there was a Lot of of wave action on that side of the state or do you travel to the east coast to surf.
    We have actually had a lot of surf this summer. Anytime a storm or a cold front comes through it'll kick up surfable surf. This past Sunday it was a consistant chest to head high surf. That why I've been wanting a longboard so I can milk any surf out there. Tuesday we were out goofing off in shin to knee high stuff.

Ya we drive over to Coaco beach and surf a lot. We were going to go over this weekend but I have some other stuff going on.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

You may have more surf than you want depending on where those nest 3 hurricanes end up going.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You may have more surf than you want depending on where those nest 3 hurricanes end up going.
    I know it sounds bad but a few more days of surf would be nice!
    - Benjamin Franklin

Is that board Kevlar coated? Sharks have bad down there this year....
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Is that board Kevlar coated? Sharks have bad down there this year....

lol no but it's funny you mention sharks! A couple weeks ago we did see a small one. 2 footer or so but couldn't tell what type. This last storm stirred up the jelly fish and I think all but one of us got hit atleast once between Sunday and monday.
    - Benjamin Franklin

nice board. being up in michigan I am big into snowboarding. my snowboarding buddy moved to florida in march. so going to have to go down and visit him and try surfing out. have you taken it out yet? how does it ride?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Have fun on your new board, KimberPB!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    nice board. being up in michigan I am big into snowboarding. my snowboarding buddy moved to florida in march. so going to have to go down and visit him and try surfing out. have you taken it out yet? how does it ride?
    No not yet. I just picked it up last night and it's flat right now. I was hoping some of the feeder bands from hanna would kick up some surf this weekend but does not look like it will. A buddy and I may go to the east coast this weekend if time permits.

I may still take it out and paddle around a bit. See how it floats and paddles.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast