want smart phone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: want smart phone

1. I use an iphone because all my kids have one as well. I can use facetime to my daughter that lives in Texas thousands of miles away. It's a no brainer in my situation. I would suggest getting the one other family members and friends use as well.

Go Seahawks!

3. it seems there is not a lot of difference in phones. i probably will go with the samsung tough phones for the water and shock resistance.

i guess the biggest hang up is understanding the "Data" plan thing. both US cellular and Verizon is 2GB for 65 and 60 a month.
    i would like the stay with Verizon for the reception i get in the mountains. US cellular is supposed to be good too.
    is the 2GB thing about how long you use the web or how big the files you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    it seems there is not a lot of difference in phones. i probably will go with the samsung tough phones for the water and shock resistance.

i guess the biggest hang up is understanding the "Data" plan thing. both US cellular and Verizon is 2GB for 65 and 60 a month.
    i would like the stay with Verizon for the reception i get in the mountains. US cellular is supposed to be good too.
    I have a Samsung phone with Walmart's Straight Talk plan. If I'm not mistaken, around here they use Verizon's cell phone towers so it's as good as Verizon's coverage. I'm not sure if that's the case everywhere or not.
    The plan for smart phones is $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and data. So far I've been pretty satisfied with it. I was a Verizon customer before and wanted to go to a smart phone and this was a cheaper plan for that.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    it seems there is not a lot of difference in phones. i probably will go with the samsung tough phones for the water and shock resistance.

Data plans typically cover non-voice and non-text activity: web browsing, mms (texting multimedia pics) and any other non-voice activity. So you get 2Gb of data traffic, regardless of source. For home use, use a wifi connection and only use mobile data when you're not at home.

If you're happy it's the reception you're getting, I'd stay put.

I'd start with 2Gb and if you need more you can always move up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. i did settle for a water and shock resistant phone. two year contract ( **** contracts).
    i was wondering about making a 'hot spot" with it for my Kindle. anybody know any thing about that? does that use up the 2GB thing?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    i did settle for a water and shock resistant phone. two year contract ( **** contracts).
    i was wondering about making a 'hot spot" with it for my Kindle. anybody know any thing about that? does that use up the 2GB thing?
    It easy to do. Yes most of the companies give you either a separate plan for using it as a hot spot or out of your data plan minutes.

Go Seahawks!

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Doesn't the Obama administration give out cell phones? Here's a link to contact him for your own personal one:

Write or Call the White House | The White House

+1!

I just got the latest iPhone 5C Barack H. Obama Edition ( of course ) as my latest ObamaPhone and it's GREAT!!!

The nicest thing about having an ObamaPhone iPhone is that every time Apple releases a new version I get it BEFORE it's availing to the general public. :-)

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12