want smart phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want smart phone

1. want smart phone

i was wondering if anyone can help me pick out a new smart phone. i have never had one, i have seen them and know people that use them.
    i already have a Verizon cell phone and thought i would like to stay with them, for the reception reasons

i thought maybe prepaid, does the time run out at the end of the month?

how really does the "data" plan work, does it work on time, or how big the stuff you down load , or what.

any advice would be appreciated

Thinking some Google is in order here.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

I also have Verizon. I have a DROID phone through them. I like my DROID phone. I've had no problems with it on anything that I wanted to do. My wife also has a DROID phone. Hers is through Walmart's straighttalk. She pays $45.00 a month unlimited everything. And she likes her plan as eell

Go somewhere like Best Buy: Making Technology Work for You or Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and start reading the reviews for what you're interested in.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Doesn't the Obama administration give out cell phones? Here's a link to contact him for your own personal one:

Write or Call the White House | The White House

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

If simplicity and ease of use is what you're looking for, go with an iPhone. If you're a tinkerer and like to customize your phone, go with an Android phone.

As for data, basically a data connection is another name for the persistent internet connection that a smartphone always has (depending on the area you're in, you'll see either a 3G or 4G icon at the top of your screen). A data connection is required to do things such as send and receive email, access your social networks, use GPS navigation, surf the internet, and so on. The more time you spend doing activities that require a data connection, the more data you use. If you're a data hog like myself (I use anywhere between 15 and 20 gigabytes per month on average, although there have been months I've used as much as 40), then your options are either getting a plan with a high data allowance, or keeping your phone connected to wifi as much as possible.

Since you're with Verizon, I would recommend an iPhone for you since you'll be a first time smartphone owner.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Doesn't the Obama administration give out cell phones? Here's a link to contact him for your own personal one:

Write or Call the White House | The White House

LOL, I forgot about the Obama phones.........
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

LMAO.....thought this forum was about firearms??? If anyone knows of a smartphone that shoots bullets...BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    LMAO.....thought this forum was about firearms??? If anyone knows of a smartphone that shoots bullets...BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW!!!! LMFAO!!!!
    Actually, THIS sub forum is "off topic" (everything EXCEPT firearms).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    i was wondering if anyone can help me pick out a new smart phone. i have never had one, i have seen them and know people that use them.
    i already have a Verizon cell phone and thought i would like to stay with them, for the reception reasons

i thought maybe prepaid, does the time run out at the end of the month?

how really does the "data" plan work, does it work on time, or how big the stuff you down load , or what.

any advice would be appreciated
    Go to a Verizon store or best buy. Ask them questions and play with the phones.

I would recommend an iPhone if you have Apple tech at home. Android or Windows if you have Linux or Windows tech.

I don't recommend getting any flagship phone unless you get a great deal. No phone is worth $200 to me, go for the best phone you looked at that's <$50.

With all the phones coming out you won't be disappointed in any of them that you choose.

When you do choose, let us know, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that can guide you to other websites that will teach you all the cool things you can do with that phone.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I own both an iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note 2. I use the iPhone bc all my family uses iMessage and I use the note 2 b/c it has a big screen and easier for me to read when I'm waiting at the doctor or such.

But it really depends on what you want. With an app like talkatone you can use a iPad mini or other small tablet as a phone and much easier to read on it also. I use my iPad as a phone too.

If you want any more info, feel free to pm me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast