Government Preparing For Power Grid Shutdown - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Government Preparing For Power Grid Shutdown

I have been reading about the Yellowstone caldera of late and it is definitely active. The crust is supposedly rising as much as three inches per year and one section has scientists worried that it could explode at any time. The force generated by the blast is supposed to make Mt. St. Helens look like a firecracker in comparison. The blast is expected to force ash and debris up to 25 miles high and deposit a layer of ash ten feet deep on the ground within a one thousand mile radius. Personally, I would rather have the EMP because survival would be much easier. We would have one hell of an adjustment to make in our living and revert back to life like the 1800s. Can you imagine what life would be like with no electricity, TV, telephones and, especially, grocery stores? I can remember times similar to that and they were hard but more pleasant than one might think.
    I haven't read the book referenced by nosreme but there was a TV program several years ago written along those same lines. The plot wasn't nearly as severe as real life would be but it got the point across that life would not be a bowl of gravy. For those worried about EMPs, it is possible to make a Faraday cage in which you can store batteries and other electronics for protection. Some of the preppers on TV are making them but, at my age,, hardly worth the bother. I worry more about Obama than EMPs.

Attachment 10504

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I worry more about Obama than EMPs.
    Knowing that God sets up rulers and God takes them down is comforting, especially when my thoughts turn to Obama. Because God who knows the future controls the future, I know that Obama is nothing more than a pawn in God's plan of justice concerning America in This Last Generation. The Lord said "Worry About Nothing & Fear Not"...works for me.

"The Further A Society Drifts From The Truth The More It Will Hate Those Who Speak It".
    ~ George Orwell ~
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12