Two Muslim Holy Days Will Become Official New York City School Holidays - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Two Muslim Holy Days Will Become Official New York City School Holidays

  1. #11
    ezkl2230 Guest
    And here is the result of their vow to close schools on these two days:

    After Bill de Blasio, Joe Lhota vow to add Muslim holidays to school calendar, other groups seek recognition...


    “I think the city has to recognize (Chinese New Year),” said Silver, a Democrat whose district includes Chinatown in lower Manhattan. “We don’t want to take away from the learning days, but we have to adjust the calendar appropriately to include all of the major populations that we have...”

    Dromm introduced a resolution in July to close school on the holy day of Diwali, a festival of lights celebrated by Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains.

    Read more: After Bill de Blasio, Joe Lhota vow to add Muslim holidays to school calendar, other groups seek recognition - NY Daily News
    Yup - now they have to accommodate EVERYONE! Can anyone say year-round school schedule?

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Naw, don't want to go there.


    ~ It's Much More Difficult To Hide Ignorance Than It Is To Acquire Knowledge ~
    Sir:

    You will never find an individual so committed to keep the islamification of our country from reaching prolific levels as it has in the UK. But please do not diminish the suffering of those Christians currently being killed off systematically by Islamic regimes. I am a fan of neither Islam or Muslims due to the fact that they often go hand in hand. But by suggesting all Muslims are evil or Islamic (same thing) you do a disservice to these Christians. Why in the name of God and all that is good have our religious leaders not taken a stand against this genocide christian extermination. A true tragedy of our times.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    Sir:

    You will never find an individual so committed to keep the islamification of our country from reaching prolific levels as it has in the UK. But please do not diminish the suffering of those Christians currently being killed off systematically by Islamic regimes. I am a fan of neither Islam or Muslims due to the fact that they often go hand in hand. But by suggesting all Muslims are evil or Islamic (same thing) you do a disservice to these Christians. Why in the name of God and all that is good have our religious leaders not taken a stand against this genocide christian extermination. A true tragedy of our times.
    Umm....What the Hell are you talking about? Ever heard of a book called "The Dictionary?" Try it, you might learn something. Like this for instance:

    Mus·lim

    [muhz-lim, mooz-, moos-] noun, plural Mus·lims, Mus·lim.
    adjective
    1. of or pertaining to the religion, law, or civilization of Islam. noun
    2. an adherent of Islam.
    Wow, just wow. A "Christian" Muslim! Who'd 'a thunk such a thing was possible? Well, I know of one, but other than Kaarnij, no one woulda thunk it because it's quite literally impossible!

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Umm....What the Hell are you talking about? Ever heard of a book called "The Dictionary?" Try it, you might learn something. Like this for instance:
    Mus·lim

    [muhz-lim, mooz-, moos-] noun, plural Mus·lims, Mus·lim.
    adjective
    1. of or pertaining to the religion, law, or civilization of Islam. noun
    2. an adherent of Islam.

    Wow, just wow. A "Christian" Muslim! Who'd 'a thunk such a thing was possible? Well, I know of one, but other than Kaarnij, no one woulda thunk it because it's quite literally impossible!

    Blues
    Thank You!
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

  6. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Umm....What the Hell are you talking about? Ever heard of a book called "The Dictionary?" Try it, you might learn something. Like this for instance:



    Wow, just wow. A "Christian" Muslim! Who'd 'a thunk such a thing was possible? Well, I know of one, but other than Kaarnij, no one woulda thunk it because it's quite literally impossible!

    Blues
    You have completely missed the point here. And your shallow definition is wrong. But what the heck, you go on hating whomever you choose, this makes no difference to me. I simply draw attention to the persecution of Christians at the hands of Islamic idiots. I encourage you to do more in depth research rather than googling a definition. And I see no reason for your sarcasm. You have no idea who I am nor what I believe in outside of my desire to raise awareness of the persecution of Christians by islamic people. All Muslim people are not of Islam. All islamic people are not Muslim. But thank you for your in depth google research attempting to discredit my point.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    Sir:
    But please do not diminish the suffering of those Christians currently being killed off systematically by Islamic regimes.

    But by suggesting all Muslims are evil or Islamic (same thing) you do a disservice to these Christians.
    I didn't suggest anything, diminish anything, or do a disservice to anyone pal. I said only that I didn't want to go there. Wise up.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I didn't suggest anything, diminish anything, or do a disservice to anyone pal. I said only that I didn't want to go there. Wise up.
    Well I was not addressing you, but what the hell is up with you guys with attitude? This is a forum to share and exchange ideas and experiences. "Pal" "Wise up" these are completely unnecessary. However, i am wondering what is it you wish for me to wise up about. And for excess clarification, with attitudes shown here, rest assured you are no "Pal" of mine. I am doing my best to not be disrespectful to a couple of people here that have been everything but to me. nlm

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    Well I was not addressing you, but what the hell is up with you guys with attitude? This is a forum to share and exchange ideas and experiences. "Pal" "Wise up" these are completely unnecessary. However, i am wondering what is it you wish for me to wise up about. And for excess clarification, with attitudes shown here, rest assured you are no "Pal" of mine. I am doing my best to not be disrespectful to a couple of people here that have been everything but to me. nlm

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    You say that you weren't addressing me? I refer you to post #12 PAL. WISE UP.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    You have completely missed the point here.
    No, really, I think you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    And your shallow definition is wrong.
    1) It isn't "my" definition, it came from Dictionary.com. Here, look for yourself.
    2) What is "shallow" about it? I copied the first two out of three definitions that the dictionary gave for the word. The third one didn't seem pertinent to this discussion, so I left it out. You can click the link in #1 and see if you agree, but whether or not you do, the dictionary is neither shallow nor deep, it just gives the hard, cold truth of the matter - all people who claim the muslim "faith" are adherents of islam, not according to "my" "shallow" definition, but according to the dictionary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    But what the heck, you go on hating whomever you choose, this makes no difference to me.
    And who, pray tell, have I implied that I hate simply by virtue of defining the word "Muslim" for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    I simply draw attention to the persecution of Christians at the hands of Islamic idiots.
    As you may have noticed, both Ringo and I have very clearly Judea/Christian symbols as our avatars. Neither of our incredulity towards your post(s) had anything to do with criticizing you for opposing or drawing attention to the murders of hundreds of Christians. I presume you're referring to what is going on in Syria and Egypt for the most part, but also in other islamic countries to a somewhat lesser, or perhaps only less publicized, degree. We're well aware of it. The trouble with what you say above though, is that it's hard to know whether you're talking about the persecution at the hands of "Christian-islamic" idiots, or muslim islamic idiots? Yes, there's a bit of sarcasm in there, because I'm sorry, but no matter what you may think about it, there is no such thing as a "Christian muslim." Christians follow the Holy Bible and muslims follow the islamic qur'an, and nowhere in betwixt shall the two meet.

    The only thing I can imagine is that there might be some language barrier here. Like, maybe you think that if a Christian lives in an islamic-run country that they are islamic and/or muslim "Christians." I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    I encourage you to do more in depth research rather than googling a definition.
    Umm....yeah, whatever you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    And I see no reason for your sarcasm.
    It's a literary tool, usually used to drive a point home, or sometimes to be dismissive in response to something that was said. In this case, my intent was the latter. Admittedly, it doesn't always work as well as I'd like, but if you can combine my faith with that of muslims, then I reserve the right to be sarcastically dismissive of it. So yeah, there was a reason for it. You just didn't like me using sarcasm instead of some phony (on my part) attempt to show courtesy towards a premise that I find disgusting and evil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    You have no idea who I am nor what I believe in outside of my desire to raise awareness of the persecution of Christians by islamic people.
    You're certainly correct that I don't know you or what you believe in, but on the second part there, going only by your previous posts, I'm not sure you even know the difference between Christian and islamic people, so I don't really think it wise to accept whatever "awareness" about the plight of Christians in islamic countries you think you have to offer. And here comes another example of why I say that....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    All Muslim people are not of Islam. All islamic people are not Muslim.
    So are all Christians of Christ, or are some of them muslim or islamic or just, you know, whatever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    But thank you for your in depth google research attempting to discredit my point.
    Oh, I see what you did there. It's kind of the same thing, but just kind of opposite, right? All muslims are not of islam, but all dictionary.com definitions are of Google. Did I get that right?

    Pffft.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarnij View Post
    You have completely missed the point here. And your shallow definition is wrong. But what the heck, you go on hating whomever you choose, this makes no difference to me. I simply draw attention to the persecution of Christians at the hands of Islamic idiots. I encourage you to do more in depth research rather than googling a definition. And I see no reason for your sarcasm. You have no idea who I am nor what I believe in outside of my desire to raise awareness of the persecution of Christians by islamic people. All Muslim people are not of Islam. All islamic people are not Muslim. But thank you for your in depth google research attempting to discredit my point.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    By definition the word Islam is the religion of the Muslim people. The word Muslim by definition are those people who follow the religion of Islam.

    So your statement that all Muslim people are not of Islam flies in the the face of both the definition of Muslim and Islam.

    Therefore, we are sitting here and all saying WTF???? to your original post. The fact that you came back and tried to defend your ignorance of those two words tells me that you are unwilling to learn. Please do your own research as to what each of those words means, and then come back and try to use them correctly. Failure to do so will mean that you wish to remain ignorant.

    Now if you mean that there are Christians being persecuted in countries whose people are predominantly followers of Islam, this is a completely different point, but those Christians would never be called Muslim, and to do so is reprehensible and vile to anyone who is a follower of Christ. Regardless, the way you have put things, I'm still sitting here going WTF???
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast