Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!) - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Once again, atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. We can lead an atheist to evidence but we can't make them think, they are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. All lies begin with self-deceit. Satan is self-deceived and the father of all lies. Atheists being of their father the devil have the nearest alliance to Satan. The reason for an atheists resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. An awful state of degenerate man, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil, it's no wonder that the greatest hope of these "Fools by Choice" is that there is no afterlife. When confronted with any debate an atheist is only able to issue negative commentary because, once again, the atheists hatred gets in the way of any common sense. If there were no God, there wouldn't be any atheists, because an atheist needs a God to argue against. If God actually didn't exist - there could be no working concept of theism, so the unbelieving atheist would have nothing to oppose. Because the sole purpose of an atheists existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible, these "Fools by Choice" will never go away or shut up. As we can see, it has become apparent that if Satan cannot get at us any other way, he will use his Mindless Spawn "Extraordinaire", to continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

~ In HELL Everyone Is A Believer...It's Just Too Late ~
    You haven't posted here for a few days,your order of crazy pills must have finally showed up.
    Last edited by Scvette; 11-13-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Scvette View Post
    You haven't posted here for a few days,your order of crazy pills must have finally showed up.
    Alternative scenario: He's off the meds again and starting to get really confused.

Ringo's whole diatribe quoted above is a textbook example of the formal fallacy, affirming the consequent:

Affirming the consequent (AC) is a formal fallacy. AC has the form:

If p then q.
    q.
    So, p.

If Gawd, then atheists.

atheists

So, Gawd.

But then again logical thinking is not accepted as valid, so, he's right and we're all wrong.

Coming from someone/something that believes..."NOTHING PLUS NOTHING PLUS TIME EQUALS=SOMETHING; a correction was in order.

~ Everyone In HELL Is A Believer...It's Just Too Late ~
    What happened to the 'Ruger' emblem? So much for improvement,eh?

Coming from someone/something that believes..."NOTHING PLUS NOTHING PLUS TIME EQUALS=SOMETHING; a correction was in order.

~ Everyone In HELL Is A Believer...It's Just Too Late ~
    Ringo, it's not a matter of nothing plus nothing. We have good evidence to support the big bang theory, so much so that even many god believers and religious leaders acknowledge it, but they add the god factor to the creation of the big bang while the rest of just admit we don't know where the singularity came from that expanded into the universe.

There is no evidence to support the claim that a supernatural being created the singularity or caused it to expand into our universe. At best, the claims for such a supernatural being just reflect a collective insecurity with the lack of knowledge, at worst, they represent the efforts of some to control the many by manipulating that lack of knowledge.

The three bible based religions are all based on one man claiming to have spoken to the one god who gave them instructions to be followed by the masses to avoid eternal suffering, and then they used the lack of knowledge to construct a false argument for their god.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Ringo, it's not a matter of nothing plus nothing. We have good evidence to support the big bang theory, so much so that even many god believers and religious leaders acknowledge it, but they add the god factor to the creation of the big bang while the rest of just admit we don't know where the singularity came from that expanded into the universe.

There is no evidence to support the claim that a supernatural being created the singularity or caused it to expand into our universe. At best, the claims for such a supernatural being just reflect a collective insecurity with the lack of knowledge, at worst, they represent the efforts of some to control the many by manipulating that lack of knowledge.

The three bible based religions are all based on one man claiming to have spoken to the one god who gave them instructions to be followed by the masses to avoid eternal suffering, and then they used the lack of knowledge to construct a false argument for their god.
    Man, I really do appreciate this post NG. Seriously thanks, this is the best post I have seen an atheist make on this forum.

The truth is the science for the origins of the Big bang takes a certain amount of "faith". It also requires certain assumptions to be made even before data is compiled. Those on the side of evolution assume all material things came into existence because of various and yet unknown chemical interactions. Therefore, they must base all their tests & studies on this assumption. The Christian Faith and other Bible based religions begin from the assumption that GOD is the Alpha & Omega of all things in the Universe.

This begs the question- Which one is the TRUTH?

After all, Both theories cannot be true. Correct?

What real & legitimate science can do is help point us to the most "probable" of the two. By studying cosmological data and archaeological data, combined with what we know about biology, chemistry & mathematical probabilities we can compare the two theories in a somewhat objective manner and really see where the strongest evidence lies based on the probabilities & outcomes of the data.

Now, can we further agree that since both of these theories cannot be true we need to set certain scientific & mathematical parameters in which we can fairly & objectively examine all the data?

The first thing we need to do agree that there is one & only ONE true theory. Agree?

I've got to go now. But, I'll come back and see if we can begin to get somewhere in this discussion.

Seriously Thank You again for a reasoned & non emotion based post.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    I wish I had done a screen capture of a photo from the Philippines after the storm: the scene was one of total destruction and forlorn and anguished-looking people against a backdrop of demolished buildings, downed wires, and many covered bodies in the streets. On a sidewalk, someone had written with chalk in big, bold, confident letters, "God is with us."

Ooooooooo-kay
    And perhaps the death toll could have been twice that. Where religion is concerned don't ever think you know the truth either way. Don't mock either side of the coin because you just don't know where it all came from. I've faced the very worst in life. I don't blame God. I thank God for helping me through it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Evidence for Earth's Instant Creation - Polonium Halos in Granite and Coal - Earth Science Associates

A good read for me, I like the issue of just my faith, not pushing mine on anyone past a few of what I feel. So, there it is. Just FYI.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast