Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!) - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!)

The thing about trying to argue with an atheist is you are arguing with a fool. Fools have no foundation on which they can legitimately debate. The only thing a fool (aka atheist) can do is retort with gibberish and make vain attempts to quote some type of false scientific data.

The best thing you can do is ask a fool (aka atheist) to "honestly" (if possible) answer a specific question for you; "If I could prove to you that God is real and Jesus died for your sins, would you become a Christian?"

The bottom line is some people are only interested is selfish & sinful desires. Therefore, they have no interests at all in things eternal or holy. There is a whole lot of recent scientific data that points to intelligent design by a omniscient & omnipotent God. You don't need the Bible to help prove any of it. The Bible just makes all the science more clear and it fills in what science can't.

I've repeatedly tried to get people to look at all the real science done by non-christian & unbiased scientists But, FOOLS (aka atheists), don't want to discuss the TRUTH that such data reveals. They only want to repeat nonsensical gibberish.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

3. Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    ...There is a whole lot of recent scientific data that points to intelligent design by a omniscient & omnipotent God...
    Corrected: There are a whole lot of recent pseudo-scientific data, none peer-reviewed or subjected to rigorous scrutiny via any accepted scientific method and compiled to reach a specific conclusion, that purport to point to intelligent design by a omniscient & omnipotent God...

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You have posited the argument known as Pascal's Wager - a rather adolescent inane argument easily debunked with 5 minutes of thought.

First, it assumes that there is only one god and that you believe in the correct one.

Second, it assumes that your god would treat you kindly even though your belief was based on a wager to get into heaven.

Here is what happens when an atheist and a christian die in a common accident and meet the real God:

God speaking to the atheist "I have a place for you in eternal happiness, welcome"

God speaking to Christian: "I have a place for you in eternal damnation, now go to hell"

Christian replies "But..But... I believed in you and followed your directions to a T! Why does the atheist get to go to heaven and I go to hell!"

God in reply "Because I didn't leave any evidence of my existence for a reason - I wanted to see how each of you would live your lives with the natural characteristics I endowed in each person. The atheist did exactly as i expected. You on the other hand made up fantastic stories about me and the told people they had to live their lives in accordance with false rules you created. The atheist was kind to his fellow man out of respect for his fellow man. You were kind to your fellow men just to get into heaven. I have no use for the likes of you, now be gone"

See the problem? That scenario is just as probable as Pascal's wager. In fact, there are an infinite number of possible scenarios, making Pascal's wager a very bad wager to take.
    This is your eternal reward. I frankly don't give a f***k whether you die in salvation or damnation. It makes no diff to me. I ain't Jesus and neither are you. You can screw yourself over until pigs fly. You do whatever the hell you want to do! You may be a bit smarter than Christopher Hitchins. Ever wonder where he ended up? By the way is it necessary for folks like you that have zero purpose to try and argue your beliefs until you drag others into the bowels of hell with you. If there is no God...there is no purpose. Without purpose why the hell are you and nosreme still bothering to breath, or are you the center of all that is good? Should we reflect on your wisdom? Is your wisdom eternal? Or is it as useless as teats on a boar hog?

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Corrected: There are a whole lot of recent pseudo-scientific data, none peer-reviewed or subjected to rigorous scrutiny via any accepted scientific method and compiled to reach a specific conclusion, that purport to point to intelligent design by a omniscient & omnipotent God...
    Ok, since you seem to be a self-proclaimed scientific expert go ahead & post some of the true data of which you speak that will support your view point. (BTW, you can't! It doesn't exist.)

I've posted numerous links, references & resources to TRUE unbiased data to support my viewpoint. But, so far not one single loudmouth fool (aka atheist), has offered anything of substance to promote their cause. (Again, there is no, NO real scientific , unbiased data that does NOT point to divine design and a CREATOR; NONE!)

Please consider this question to see if you are open to acceptance: If someone could provide reasonable answers to the most significant questions and objections you have about Christianity— reasonable to the point that Christianity seems true beyond a reasonable doubt— would you then become a Christian? Think about that for a moment. If your honest answer is no, then your resistance to Christianity is emotional or volitional, not merely intellectual. No amount of evidence will convince you because evidence is not what’s in your way— you are.-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------Some atheists and nonChristians may reject Christianity not because the evidence is inadequate but because they don’t want to accept it. Some people choose to suppress the truth rather than live by it. In fact, we humans have a fatal tendency to try to adjust the truth to fit our desires rather than adjusting our desires to fit the truth.

Geisler, Norman L.; Turek, Frank (2004-03-12). I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Kindle Locations 591-593). Good News Publishers. Kindle Edition.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    but he loves me...
    And because he loves you he burn you in hell forever and ever and ever, ....... a sick sick fairy tale.

Sent via 300 baud dial-up
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I am more than willing to engage in a beneficial discussion with anyone. I would even welcome the atheists here into my home and invite them to the range. But, for a debate to be truly beneficial & constructive there needs to be a few rules going in and the parties need to be in agreement on a few things.

Can we agree that there is such a thing as "Truth"?
    Can we agree that all truth is absolute, even though it may seem to be relative at first?
    Can we agree that TRUTH will not (nor can it) be subject to change just because of a particular belief?
    Can we agree what is true is really TRUE and what is false is really false?

Next we need to asked ourselves if we are willing to be change our mind & corrected if our arguments are proven weak and not really valid?

-

8. Matthew 7:6, Okay right on, it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post

I've posted numerous links, references & resources to TRUE unbiased data to support my viewpoint. But, so far not one single loudmouth fool (aka atheist), has offered anything of substance to promote their cause. (Again, there is no, NO real scientific , unbiased data that does NOT point to divine design and a CREATOR; NONE!)

-
    And a book of fables and urban legends written by dozens of different people that thought the earth was flat and the center of universe only points to divine delusion. The god of the gaps is constantly shrinking for a reason, the truth found in facts, not in fable.

Yelling in bold/uppercase only shows the desperation to be right. If you can't support your position with facts, scream it louder.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

be·lief (b-lf)
    n.
    1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
    2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
    3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

This is from one of the many free online dictionaries. I would hope that all would agree that the third definition best describes the "belief" that someone has as a Christian. A Christian believes there is a God that created the world and in turn created man. A Christian believes that their sin has perverted themselves so, in our state alone, we cannot ever be in the presence of God because we now are that which God isn't, sinful. A Christian believes that the Father's Son came to this world to take that sin upon his shoulders and destroy it so that whoever believes in him shall have his/her sin removed in order to be able to be in the presence of God again. A Christian believes that without doing so, since our sinful nature is so apart from God, that we cannot be in the presence of God ever again (aka hell).

Non-believers have used many words to describe the above brief summary of Christianity as "fables", "writings of goat herders", "sick trash", etc. They have made it a point that anytime a religious based thread is posted, to enter into the thread and mock the believer and have done so with great conviction. My question to those of you who have mocked and jeered the professing Christian, what stirs within your soul so much that you come after the Christian with such conviction? What drives your heart so much to try to convince he who believes to unbelief?

One who believes is not going to be convinced with human reasoning, for faith in something (aka belief) is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The Christian already has the substance they need for that which they hope for (eternal life in heaven), and they have all the evidence they need for that which one cannot see. You folks try to poke at that substance and that evidence yet, you cannot because you are trying to shake the very thing that cannot be seen.

I will never understand the non-believer vigorously trying to shake the foundation of faith from a believer. To what side are you trying to steer them? The believer sees something greater than you could ever show them. It's a losing battle, but to do it with such verve makes me think that you folks really do believe in "nothingness" and wish the believers would join your state of unbelief. The believer believes there truly is something much greater than this life and of greater value than anything in the here and now and wishes everyone to know about. You folks have no such belief in something greater than what the believer knows, yet try to pull the believer into your belief of nothingness. It's a losing battle, for the believer sees the gift of God and wishes it for everyone; you however do not see it and rather than let the believer go, you'd rather mock and jeer since you are ignorant of that which you have not yet seen.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ONCE AGAIN...We can lead an atheist to evidence but we can't make them think. Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. All lies begin with self-deceit. Satan is self-deceived and the father of all lies. Atheists being of their father the devil have the nearest alliance to Satan. The reason for an atheists resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. The greatest hope of an atheist is that there is no afterlife. An awful state of degenerate people, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil. When confronted with any debate an atheist is only able to issue negative commentary because, once again,the hatred of an atheist gets in the way of any common sense. If there were no God, there wouldn't be these unbelieving "fools by choice" (Psalm 14:1) like XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods because these "fools by choice" need a God to argue against. If God actually didn't exist, XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods would have nothing to oppose. Because the sole purpose of these unbelievers existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible, mindless mockers like XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods will never go away or shut up. As we can see, it has become apparent that if Satan cannot get at you any other way, he will use his Mindless Spawn "extraordinaire" like XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods to continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

~ In HELL, XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods Will Believe...It'll Just Be Too Late ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast