Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!) - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 145

Thread: Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!)

  1. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    be·lief (b-lf)
    n.
    1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
    2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
    3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

    This is from one of the many free online dictionaries. I would hope that all would agree that the third definition best describes the "belief" that someone has as a Christian. A Christian believes there is a God that created the world and in turn created man. A Christian believes that their sin has perverted themselves so, in our state alone, we cannot ever be in the presence of God because we now are that which God isn't, sinful. A Christian believes that the Father's Son came to this world to take that sin upon his shoulders and destroy it so that whoever believes in him shall have his/her sin removed in order to be able to be in the presence of God again. A Christian believes that without doing so, since our sinful nature is so apart from God, that we cannot be in the presence of God ever again (aka hell).

    Non-believers have used many words to describe the above brief summary of Christianity as "fables", "writings of goat herders", "sick trash", etc. They have made it a point that anytime a religious based thread is posted, to enter into the thread and mock the believer and have done so with great conviction. My question to those of you who have mocked and jeered the professing Christian, what stirs within your soul so much that you come after the Christian with such conviction? What drives your heart so much to try to convince he who believes to unbelief?

    One who believes is not going to be convinced with human reasoning, for faith in something (aka belief) is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The Christian already has the substance they need for that which they hope for (eternal life in heaven), and they have all the evidence they need for that which one cannot see. You folks try to poke at that substance and that evidence yet, you cannot because you are trying to shake the very thing that cannot be seen.

    I will never understand the non-believer vigorously trying to shake the foundation of faith from a believer. To what side are you trying to steer them? The believer sees something greater than you could ever show them. It's a losing battle, but to do it with such verve makes me think that you folks really do believe in "nothingness" and wish the believers would join your state of unbelief. The believer believes there truly is something much greater than this life and of greater value than anything in the here and now and wishes everyone to know about. You folks have no such belief in something greater than what the believer knows, yet try to pull the believer into your belief of nothingness. It's a losing battle, for the believer sees the gift of God and wishes it for everyone; you however do not see it and rather than let the believer go, you'd rather mock and jeer since you are ignorant of that which you have not yet seen.


    This is so right on, and I couldn't said this any better.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    This is so right on, and I couldn't said this any better.
    Nobody could. That kind of entirely predictable nonsensical babble seems to come verbatim from some kind of "Attack Non-believers, However Simplistically & Disingenuously" script and to try to say it better wouldn't make it better any more than putting lipstick on an especially ugly and repulsive, genetically flawed pig would improve the pig.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Nobody could. That kind of entirely predictable nonsensical babble seems to come verbatim from some kind of "Attack Non-believers, However Simplistically & Disingenuously" script and to try to say it better wouldn't make it better any more than putting lipstick on an especially ugly and repulsive, genetically flawed pig would improve the pig.
    You are going to look mighty funny with that lipstick on your face come Judgement Day!

    LOL
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Nobody could. That kind of entirely predictable nonsensical babble seems to come verbatim from some kind of "Attack Non-believers, However Simplistically & Disingenuously" script and to try to say it better wouldn't make it better any more than putting lipstick on an especially ugly and repulsive, genetically flawed pig would improve the pig.
    I believe if we are talking flavor the right amount of lipstick could be an enhancement.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And a book of fables and urban legends written by dozens of different people that thought the earth was flat and the center of universe only points to divine delusion. The god of the gaps is constantly shrinking for a reason, the truth found in facts, not in fable.

    Yelling in bold/uppercase only shows the desperation to be right. If you can't support your position with facts, scream it louder.
    You just proved mine and every other Christian posters point in this thread. Atheists (aka fools) have nothing of substance to help them bolster their beliefs. (Again You got NOTHING!)

    If you did you would be willing to accept a true scientific challenge under real scientific standards. Yet, you won't agree to anything that forces you to deal with real TRUTH.

    Atheists (aka FOOLS) can only engage in arguments when they have an "out" to lies & falsehoods. But, when someone isn't swayed by an atheist (aka fool) who lies and tries to spread their propaganda, the only thing they have to retort with is arrogant nonsensical gibberish and personal attacks.

    How can an atheist (aka fool) say they are reasonable when they refuse to accept even the simplest of scientific principles (Truth exists and can only be discovered not created.)

    How can an atheist (aka fool) claim to be intellectually honest when they simply refuse to look at or, accept real data backed by a preponderance of real evidence.

    Atheists are such simple minded creatures (aka fools). They just refuse to acknowledge science is not behind their foolish unbelief; sin is. The very 1st question an atheists (aka fools) needs to ask themselves is; "If TRUE scientific evidence pointed to the existence of a Creator (GOD) would they be willing to change their beliefs?"

    If you say "No". Then, be honest enough to accept that your unbelief is volitional and not based on scientific evidence.

    Again, all of the most recent & REAL scientific data we have points to divine design. Whether you look at Cosmological data, geographical data, biological data or any data you choose, it all points to intelligent design and the Biblical account of creation.

    I'll be happy to discuss the "Law of Causality"; the "Law of Thermodynamics" and any other "GOOD" scientific data with anyone. But, atheist (aka fools) don't really want to discuss "Good" scientific data. They want to be able to change the data to bolster their FALSE conclusions & assumptions.


    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    ONCE AGAIN...We can lead an atheist to evidence but we can't make them think. Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. All lies begin with self-deceit. Satan is self-deceived and the father of all lies. Atheists being of their father the devil have the nearest alliance to Satan. The reason for an atheists resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. The greatest hope of an atheist is that there is no afterlife. An awful state of degenerate people, atheists partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil. When confronted with any debate an atheist is only able to issue negative commentary because, once again,the hatred of an atheist gets in the way of any common sense. If there were no God, there wouldn't be these unbelieving "fools by choice" (Psalm 14:1) like XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods because these "fools by choice" need a God to argue against. If God actually didn't exist, XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods would have nothing to oppose. Because the sole purpose of these unbelievers existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible, mindless mockers like XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods will never go away or shut up. As we can see, it has become apparent that if Satan cannot get at you any other way, he will use his Mindless Spawn "extraordinaire" like XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods to continue to rage and foolishly waste our time.

    ~ In HELL, XD40scinNC, nosreme, and nogods Will Believe...It'll Just Be Too Late ~
    You just can't contain your hatred can you, WTF do you care what someone else believes, I have absolutely no problem with the fairy tales that dominate your reason, but when your ilk believe that you can mandate what others believe son, you have crossed the fn line, and I will rebuke you and your willful ignorance.

    So enough with your school yard taunts, you produce nothing but ignorance, devoid of fact or reason, and of course your demonstration that you are so unlike the god you profess to believe in. You sir, are part of the minority of believes that puts the ugly in the term christian, so full of self-righteous pious fantasy that you judge people merely on the fact their life is not dominated by a fairy tale.

    Do you really think your attempt to scare anyone to believe your fictional hell has any effect for anyone with the common sense to dismiss this impossibly absurd fairy tale? Dracula, Werewolf and other mythical boogeymen don't scare me either.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    You just proved mine and every other Christian posters point in this thread. Atheists (aka fools) have nothing of substance to help them bolster their beliefs. (Again You got NOTHING!)

    If you did you would be willing to accept a true scientific challenge under real scientific standards. Yet, you won't agree to anything that forces you to deal with real TRUTH.

    Atheists (aka FOOLS) can only engage in arguments when they have an "out" to lies & falsehoods. But, when someone isn't swayed by an atheist (aka fool) who lies and tries to spread their propaganda, the only thing they have to retort with is arrogant nonsensical gibberish and personal attacks.

    How can an atheist (aka fool) say they are reasonable when they refuse to accept even the simplest of scientific principles (Truth exists and can only be discovered not created.)

    How can an atheist (aka fool) claim to be intellectually honest when they simply refuse to look at or, accept real data backed by a preponderance of real evidence.

    Atheists are such simple minded creatures (aka fools). They just refuse to acknowledge science is not behind their foolish unbelief; sin is. The very 1st question an atheists (aka fools) needs to ask themselves is; "If TRUE scientific evidence pointed to the existence of a Creator (GOD) would they be willing to change their beliefs?"

    If you say "No". Then, be honest enough to accept that your unbelief is volitional and not based on scientific evidence.

    Again, all of the most recent & REAL scientific data we have points to divine design. Whether you look at Cosmological data, geographical data, biological data or any data you choose, it all points to intelligent design and the Biblical account of creation.

    I'll be happy to discuss the "Law of Causality"; the "Law of Thermodynamics" and any other "GOOD" scientific data with anyone. But, atheist (aka fools) don't really want to discuss "Good" scientific data. They want to be able to change the data to bolster their FALSE conclusions & assumptions.


    -
    Yet another person that says they believe in this all loving imaginary friend spreading their ignorance born hatred. I can only chuckle at your silly name calling and attempt to insult (for reasons unknown) other than religions teaches hatred and intolerance.

    You can tell your god is purely a figment of your imagination when your god hates the same people your do. I don't fear fairytale critters, nor those that attempt to use them to instill their fantasy in others through nothing but irrational fear of the irrational boogeyman.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    God doesn't hate anybody. (BTW, I don't either.) That's your imagination and own mental shortcoming trying to deal with the fact you are a sinner who doesn't want to accept his own failures in life. Being angry at God or someone else; instead of manning-up and taking responsibility for their own life is just easier for a weak minded and foolish individual.

    As for the name calling you accuse me of, I refer you to Psalm 14:1.

    Another sign that someone is indeed a fool is their inability to understand that a correction or rebuke is NOT an act of intolerance. But, correction & rebuke done through scriptural teaching is an act of love, respect & compassion.

    Once again, you prove my point. Atheism has no foundation at all on which it can stand; except through lies and attacks on Christianity. If it did people like you and other atheists here would bring a much better argument to help prove your case. But, lies & attacks is all you got. (ROTFLOL at such ignorance and nonsensical bloviating.)

    -

    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

  10. #39
    Just to throw it out there... I've met lots of atheists, and none of them care about Christianity one way or another. They never attacked me for my beliefs, nor some friends of mine who happen to be pagan. The only time they got frustrated is when Christians wouldn't stop trying to convert them. They are actually very intelligent people... especially my sister's boyfriend who is working on his Ph.D. in philosophy and ethics. We have had several interesting debates and discussions, and never once did any of us try to convert anyone else. I'd always figured it wasn't my place to judge, that job belongs to God, and he has the final say about who goes to heaven. You never know... we mind wind up surprised about people we find there. All the atheists I've met are good people, and have actually behaved in a more Christian manner than many Christians do today.

    Plus, telling an atheist he's going to hell isn't much of a deterrent, since he doesn't believe in it. Heck, I was raised Seventh Day Adventist and I don't believe in hell either! :)
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    God doesn't hate anybody. (BTW, I don't either.) That's your imagination and own mental shortcoming trying to deal with the fact you are a sinner who doesn't want to accept his own failures in life. Being angry at God or someone else; instead of manning-up and taking responsibility for their own life is just easier for a weak minded and foolish individual.

    As for the name calling you accuse me of, I refer you to Psalm 14:1.

    Another sign that someone is indeed a fool is their inability to understand that a correction or rebuke is NOT an act of intolerance. But, correction & rebuke done through scriptural teaching is an act of love, respect & compassion.

    Once again, you prove my point. Atheism has no foundation at all on which it can stand; except through lies and attacks on Christianity. If it did people like you and other atheists here would bring a much better argument to help prove your case. But, lies & attacks is all you got. (ROTFLOL at such ignorance and nonsensical bloviating.)

    -

    -
    A rebuke is merely ignoring levels of willful ignorance that make my head hurt, nothing personal, no name calling. Now when you or anyone else choose to impose this ignorance on me through laws on society, yep, you got it I will be in your face opposing or rebuking the dissemination of ignorance into law. How you live your life is your business, when you somehow come up with the insane belief that you have the right to control how I live my life, I will tell you in no uncertain terms to f off, that you have crossed the line, big time.

    You, like most followers of any religion, are victims of the brainwashing your parents used probably starting before you learned to control your bodly functions, and they in turn are likewise victims of their parents brainwashing, and can be traced back to the days of fearful goat herders that had no understanding of why the sun came up every day, or why people just died. Fear has dominated religion for thousands of years, as it filled the void of knowledge. Today, this ignorance is only willful.

    After all, you are 99.99% atheist, there are thousand and thousands of gods your know without question are merely characters of ancient folklore. My list is just a tiny bit longer than your list, as I know this about all gods.

    And when we both die, I won't be in hell, and you won't be in your fantasy land, but you won't be aware or you would be very disappointed, for you too shall just be dead and there is nothing after that, just like the cockroach you killed in your kitchen this morning.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast