Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!) - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus Is Coming Soon (Oh Whatever!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I Like Ringo's Avatar.

Being Proud of being a Christian is More important than being proud to be an American. Being an American allows us to Celebrate being a Christian.
    However, For those who chose not to believe in Christ, I cannot support your decision and openly have Hope that one day you will come to know Christ.
    You also have the right, as an American, to express your disbelief. Any Service Member or Prior Service Member knows this is why we defend The United States of America. Freedom.
    This being said, on a personal note, I cannot tell you how much I wish the Non believers would just shut the Heck up.
    No need to reply to this, I never read your remarks. You'll be wasting your time like you are wasting your soul.
    WHAT???? Jeeezzzzz!

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    What is this evidence of which you speak?

I've been asking people like you to share so-called "evidence" to support their "Religion" of unbelief for years on this very forum. But, so far nobody can seem to find any "evidence" that supports the atheistic "faith".

Please share the evidence you are talking about with us. The only thing I've heard so far is emotional hate-filled tirades focused toward God and Christians.

It sure is funny how atheists seem so angry at a God (they don't believe in) and a group of people whom they think are ignorant brainwashed slaves.

-
    The verifiable evidence of science.

No, no hatred for the invisible sky daddy. I don't even care what fantasies about it in anyone's head, UNTIL the believe that they have the right to impose the unfathomable ignorance of this fairy tale on me and society through laws, and through the utter ignorance of wars based on their invisible sky daddy.

Christians believe there is only one deity, yet they express disapproval of the actions of Muslims. Directed at the believers not the deity. Why, because the christian belief system tells them there is only god, so you don't hate the non-existant. Works the same way when an atheist expresses our disapproval of a christian or a muslim.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    This being said, on a personal note, I cannot tell you how much I wish the Non believers would just shut the Heck up.
    No need to reply to this, I never read your remarks. You'll be wasting your time like you are wasting your soul.
    Attachment 10633
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

5. Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    What is this evidence of which you speak? I've been asking people like you to share so-called "evidence" to support their "Religion" of unbelief for years on this very forum. But, so far nobody can seem to find any "evidence" that supports the atheistic "faith". Please share the evidence you are talking about with us...
    First, athiesm is not a religion. Second, it is impossible (as you well know) for there to be "evidence" to support a lack of belief. Third, given the sheer overwhelming weight of true scientific evidence contradicting just about everything about religion that is susceptible to scientific analysis (e.g., evolution vs. creationism or whatever the latter ends up being called in the future), the burden is on the religious to prove their case, not on the nonreligious to prove their lack of faith or to disprove religion's many preposterous assertions (though scientists have done an incredible job of the latter simply because that's what science does, and to prevent unchallenged ignorance from being the default basis for education, existence, human development, and the way society works).

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The verifiable evidence of science.

Again; "What 'verifiable' evidence of science?"

I suggest you study a little more. Seriously, there is NO "verifiable" evidence that exist to support atheism; NONE. (Heck, even atheist scientists will admit to that!)

The most up to date "verifiable" evidence supports creation and a much younger Earth than recently thought. This has left many atheists in the scientific community scrambling to come up with counter theories. One of the most popular recently has been aliens seeding the planet at several different times in history. A recent program even suggested that Jesus & Satan were aliens. (Really laughable stuff.)

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Your repeated emphasis on "verifiable" suggests that you are chomping at the bit to attack science based on religious sophistry, not science. Science has not only demolished the looney "creationist" and "young earth" nonsense, but shown that the earth is in fact almost certainly (choice of wording intentional as there is no such thing as an absolutely exact and unchangeably constant scientific conclusion) much older than was thought not too long ago. That's what the scientific method does, i.e., revisit formerly-held beliefs in light of new evidence rather than (as creationists do), phony up the data to support a desired conclusion.
    If that is your belief then post up some verifiable scientific evidence. (I'll save you some trouble "you can't"; because it just isn't out there.)

Here is a couple of findings & quotes by real scientist, who just happen to be atheists.---

Physicist and information scientist Hubert Yockey realizes it’s the Darwinists. He writes, “The belief that life on earth arose spontaneously from nonliving matter, is simply a matter of faith in strict reductionism and is based entirely on ideology.” 12

Geisler, Norman L.; Turek, Frank (2004-03-12). I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Kindle Locations 2447-2449). Good News Publishers. Kindle Edition.
    Here's one by Richard Lewontin of Harvard University-
    ......Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover that materialism is absolute for we cannot allow a divine foot in the door.

Geisler, Norman L.; Turek, Frank (2004-03-12). I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Kindle Locations 2474-2481). Good News Publishers. Kindle Edition.

I could go on and on. Richard Dawkins constantly contradicts science in his own arguments against creation. You can read also read my sig line and see what another atheist came out and admitted when he undertook a real unbiased study.

The supportive and verifiable science is just not there for an atheist to use to bolster their argument.

Here's another quote from the book; "I don't have enough Faith to be an Atheist".
    I've recommended it before and still do. It may help atheists to hide the fact they are indeed fools just as the Bibles says they are; if they would only be willing to read it.

the bottom line is this: the event required to get the atheistic theory of macroevolution off the ground— the sponta- neous generation of first life— is believed because of false philosophical assumptions disguised as science, not because there are legitimate scientific observations that support spontaneous generation. False science is bad science, and it’s the Darwinists who are practicing it. Their belief in spontaneous generation results from their blind faith in naturalism. It takes tremendous faith to believe that the first one-celled creature came together by natural laws, because that’s like believing 1,000 encyclopedias resulted from an explosion in a printing shop! Atheists can’t even explain the origin of the printing shop, much less the 1,000 encyclopedias. Therefore, we don’t have enough faith to be atheists.

Geisler, Norman L.; Turek, Frank (2004-03-12). I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Kindle Locations 2486-2491). Good News Publishers. Kindle Edition.
    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

The Ignorant Masses

The age of knowledge is upon us, but ignorance still reigns. There is more knowledge in the 21st century than all the others combined, but very little wisdom. If you don’t think so, I’ll give you some examples.

1. POLITICAL:

Most politicians obviously think the masses are stupid. We’re “dumber than a box of rocks” in other words, and they may be onto something. Whether it’s a Republican, Democrat, Independent or Libertarian speaking, they all say the same thing … nothing. We are “promised the moon” when they’re running for office, and “get the shaft” once they’re in office. Does that sound familiar? When will we realize that what we see and hear is not what we get? Oh it’s true that we do have a choice when we vote, but who provides the choices? Those who are really in control present us with two negatives. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, is there ever a positive provided in our options. Nevertheless, we go along like “lambs led to the slaughter”, while our leaders sharpen their knives.

2. COMMERCIAL:

One of the greatest influences on the American household is commercials. Billions of dollars are spent on commercials. Now why do you think corporations would spend that kind of money if there is no return on their investment? They know that many more billions will be spent by consumers who purchase things they don’t need. Most Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs because they think they just have to have that next little goodie that’s being advertised. “Oh, it’s a new version!” “I just can’t do without it!” “I’ve got to have it!” Many over the last few years have lost their homes because they bought a house they could not afford. Others buy automobiles they cannot afford. Electronic gadgets, home supplies, yard supplies, sports supplies, clothing, and dining are but a few more examples of purchases that often are not needed and beyond affordability, but bought (usually charged) anyway.

PARENTHETICAL THOUGHT:

The last in this “The Ignorant Masses” trilogy is spiritual.

· In the first of our examples, others tell us who to vote for. So we allow them to provide their choice of men and women who will lead us.

· In the second of our examples, others tell us what to purchase. So we allow them to tell us what, when, where, and how to purchase their commodities that we usually don’t really need in the first place.

· Now here is the big question. Since we obviously can’t think for ourselves anyway, who are we going to listen to concerning our soul and its eternal destination?

3. SPIRITUAL:

We may let others lead us around by the nose and ruin our lives while on earth, but this life on earth is but one grain of sand on the world’s beaches when compared to where we will spend eternity. Eternity is forever. Eternity is final. If we allow the wrong “others” to determine our decision about eternity, we are in a fix that cannot be changed. That will be our destiny forever, and ever, and ever … no end.

Do you think there is no life after death? Who are you listening to? Do you think there is no God? Who are you listening to?

So you’re proud of the decisions you have made in this life about earthly matters? You educated yourself wisely. You purchased wisely. You are out of debt. You married the right person. You raised your children properly. You have taken care of your body. What about your soul? If you make the wrong decision about eternity, everything else is lost. Even if you made all bad decisions about earthly matters in this life, you have still lost everything, if you don’t choose wisely about eternity.

Now you’re confused. Should you even listen to me? If you like, you may certainly take this article, print it, and use it to start a fire in that fireplace you can’t afford. I’ll give you a better option, the Bible. The Bible is the Holy written Word of God and will tell you nothing but the Truth. You don’t believe the Bible? Why is that? Oh I see, you think it is just an old outdated book not suited for modern living. Are you sure? Who are you listening to? For once in your life, because this really matters, listen to that voice inside of you that is telling you that you may just be wrong, and if you’re wrong, where does that leave you? That voice inside of you is the Spirit of God drawing you to Him. You need to listen. If you don’t hear it, then you need to ask God now to speak to you.

God tells us that He loves us so much He sent His Son to die for us that we might be saved.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

He says clearly that there is nothing we can do to save ourselves. It is only by His grace that we can be saved.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

That is just for starters. Read the Bible if you want the Truth.

Do you think this is all nonsense because you think your favorite movie “star” is doing just fine and having so much fun? Maybe you’re listening to some religious speaker who tells you just what you want to hear? Could it be an atheist or agnostic down the street? More than likely, its friends and family members who have no interest in their eternity destiny. Whoever you’re listening to, if they are in contradiction to God’s Word, the Bible, you are listening to the wrong people.

Among the ignorant masses are those who have chosen wisely about the eternal destiny of their soul. They are no longer spiritually ignorant. They have been informed of the Truth, and have determined to spend eternity with the Jesus Christ, the Son of God. They have been given a free gift, eternal life, by the grace of God, and it is theirs, but it can only be received by accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior. Jesus said that no one can come to God the Father, except through Him.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6)

So, who are you going to listen to? [B]Will you continue to be just one of the ignorant masses, or one of the wise who will call upon Jesus Christ to save their soul, guaranteeing eternity with Him? The decision is now in your hands. Choose wisely.

Grant Phillips
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Fits 'several' on this thread. Not trying to make waves. (I believe in God) But it would seem some of your typing time could be put to something more constructive. Are y'all trying to convince others or yourselves? Not much room left on that 'bully pulpit'.

Matthew 6:5-6
    “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Again; "What 'verifiable' evidence of science?"

I suggest you study a little more. Seriously, there is NO "verifiable" evidence that exist to support atheism; NONE. (Heck, even atheist scientists will admit to that!)

The most up to date "verifiable" evidence supports creation and a much younger Earth than recently thought. This has left many atheists in the scientific community scrambling to come up with counter theories. One of the most popular recently has been aliens seeding the planet at several different times in history. A recent program even suggested that Jesus & Satan were aliens. (Really laughable stuff.)

-
    WOW, I haven't come across such levels of willful ignorance in a long time. I know it exists, but at this level it is really rare indeed.

Real science is clearly beyond your comprehension abilities, watching some show that was written to entertain is just that. And for some really laughable, open any page of your buy-bull and drink deeply of the ignorance found within, it is the cruelest joke ever played on mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    WOW, I haven't come across such levels of willful ignorance in a long time. I know it exists, but at this level it is really rare indeed.

Real science is clearly beyond your comprehension abilities, watching some show that was written to entertain is just that. And for some really laughable, open any page of your buy-bull and drink deeply of the ignorance found within, it is the cruelest joke ever played on mankind.

I think the opinion of my college professors and my education & background in the "Biological Sciences" flies in the face of your assessment.

Since you simply refuse to discuss anything at a level higher than a punk in junior hs, maybe you would like to see this-

-

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast