Turn them in!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn them in!!!

1. Going up is one thing but gouging is another.Kicking you when are down is dirty.If wall street CEO's had a fair bone in their body's we would feel bad for them. I did not have a golden parachute just a fair retirement plain.

Yeah,

Unfortunately this happened where I live and gas went from 3.80 a gallon in one hour to 5.49!

People are stupid! They caused it... I can only hope the attorney general will prosecute these people, as we had a new law go in effect on 1 July.... I can only bet that they will make excuses, just as they did when Katrina hit, but now... they are "REQUIRED" to prosecute them...

Funny thing is.. you could find 1 or 2 stations that never raised their prices.... the ones that went to above 5.00 per gallon ALL RAN OUT OF GAS.. and as of right now.. they are still out of gas... They started the panic....they got what they deserved.. I hope they lose TONS AND TONS of money waiting to get gas in... while the people that never raised their prices still have gas... LOL...
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    Easy. The price you pay for gasoline today reflects the price the distributor/dealer will have to pay to replace the gasoline. It does not reflect the price they paid for what they sold but rather the price they will pay for the replacement. So in a probable shortage situation the future price will be higher thus the current price rises to reflect that. Supply and Demand --- capitalism at work.
    That's exactly what I've been trying to tell everyone. Speculators do just that, speculate. They don't influence the price of gas any more than thermometers control the temperature. Putting the blame on speculators is starting to make everyone sound like the liberals we love to ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    Easy. The price you pay for gasoline today reflects the price the distributor/dealer will have to pay to replace the gasoline. It does not reflect the price they paid for what they sold but rather the price they will pay for the replacement. So in a probable shortage situation the future price will be higher thus the current price rises to reflect that. Supply and Demand --- capitalism at work.
    only partly true they have a heap of leeway N who sets their price.... the Refinery and how much is the refinery paying for oil... under $100 a barrel so why the price increase... can you say gouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    only partly true they have a heap of leeway N who sets their price.... the Refinery and how much is the refinery paying for oil... under $100 a barrel so why the price increase... can you say gouge.
    Nope. I say supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Nope. I say supply and demand.
    Can you say tunnel vision?

Can you say tunnel vision?
    Can you say misinformed? I can!

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Can you say misinformed? I can!
    Yesterday the wife N I want on a short trip to a flea market about 40 miles away (Yum fresh Michigan peaches) to the west, while there I fueled up to the max as gas was almost 40 cents a gallon cheaper than at home. You could blame delivery costs, but I have a major fuel line/ depot less than 10 miles to the east, you could say it is demand, but then this was in a high demand tourist trap area, No not misinformed but someone is.

You might ask what kind of nut would drive that far for peaches? local cost, 18-20 dollars a half bushel, they were picked green, refrigerated until they were ripe and have no flavor. 40 miles away is the fruit belt, you get them fresh off the tree from the grower... 5-8 bucks a half bushel, and they are full of flavor. Now that you can blame on delivery costs.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 09-21-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Yesterday the wife N I want on a short trip to a flea market about 40 miles away (Yum fresh Michigan peaches) to the west, while there I fueled up to the max as gas was almost 40 cents a gallon cheaper than at home. You could blame delivery costs, but I have a major fuel line/ depot less than 10 miles to the east, you could say it is demand, but then this was in a high demand tourist trap area, No not misinformed but someone is.

You might ask what kind of nut would drive that far for peaches? local cost, 18-20 dollars a half bushel, they were picked green, refrigerated until they were ripe and have no flavor. 40 miles away is the fruit belt, you get them fresh off the tree from the grower... 5-8 bucks a half bushel, and they are full of flavor. Now that you can blame on delivery costs.
    They'd better be some damned good peaches!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12