Pictures from work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures from work

Pictures from work

I posted a couple pictures of what I do for a living in another post,someone asked a few questions about it so instead of jacking that thread I thought I'd start a new one. If these pics interest everyone I'll post more,but if this is not the right forum just tell me and I won't post anymore. Here are a few of what kind of weather I deal with up here in the Bering Sea daily,again if there's interest tell me and I'll post more. You'll notice there are 2 different boats,I sometimes jump between company boats.

I have a lot more if you guys want to see more

Should this be a thread full of members work photos? Or would you like to keep it your own?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

That looks cold. And wet. What do you do on the boats?
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Should this be a thread full of members work photos? Or would you like to keep it your own?
    Anyone can post their work pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    That looks cold. And wet. What do you do on the boats?
    Captain,counselor,therapist,babysitter,referee,fat her figure,drug counselor,

Quote Originally Posted by Scvette View Post
    Captain,counselor,therapist,babysitter,referee,fat her figure,drug counselor,
    OK, sounds like you keep busy. What does the boat do?
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    OK, sounds like you keep busy. What does the boat do?
    It's a commercial fishing boat,we longline for cod fish,I set 43 miles of ground line that has 73,000 hooks on it every day. We catch the fish,cut the head off,pull the guts and freeze it to -20 degrees. This boat I'm on now holds 1.1 million pounds.

This was taken recently at my school.... not.

http://oldcatman-xxx.com/wp-content/...ACHER-AK47.png
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Here's where I spend most of my day

Wheelhouse

Drive by other company boat

Removing ice

Cool looking fish

From feb 2011,bad year for the ice pack coming down on us

And this was from this last spring,I've been fishing out here since I was 18, 30 yrs of being out here and I've never seen this till this year,went on for about 6 hrs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast