Things That Just Pi$$ You Off - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things That Just Pi$$ You Off

Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    People that hang up without saying anything when they get a wrong number. Is it really that hard to say "sorry, I must have dialed a wrong number"? It's just common courtesy.
    Not that this will help you out, but a lot of telemarketing companies have an electronic device rigged to a computer that will dial numbers automatically just to see when you are most likely to answer the phone. When the phone is picked up, the computer will record the time, hang up, and dial the next number. The list generated by the computer then puts all the peoples' numbers in order by time most likely to answer for the actual telemarketers. Apparently, it makes the actual telemarketing more efficient.

Great way to bother us, isnt' it? *rolls eyes*

My solution, if the caller ID is someone/thing that I don't recognize, the phone does not get answered.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Not that this will help you out, but a lot of telemarketing companies have an electronic device rigged to a computer that will dial numbers automatically just to see when you are most likely to answer the phone. When the phone is picked up, the computer will record the time, hang up, and dial the next number. The list generated by the computer then puts all the peoples' numbers in order by time most likely to answer for the actual telemarketers. Apparently, it makes the actual telemarketing more efficient.

Great way to bother us, isnt' it? *rolls eyes*

My solution, if the caller ID is someone/thing that I don't recognize, the phone does not get answered.
    Technologically Advanced Ba$tards.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Technologically Advanced Ba$tards.
    And I believe we are allowed to type the word bastard now... let's see.

Edit: yup.... see it is not ** out.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 12-08-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: verification
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Blue state folks telling me that I do not need a handgun or that I need a permit.
    Most red states also need permits.
    For me it's those annoying talking ads on web pages.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234