Who thinks this is over kill for CC.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Who thinks this is over kill for CC.

  1. #1

    Who thinks this is over kill for CC.

    I was talking to Luke today and we got to talking about the S&W 460 lol. Some one told me as a joke to be a real man and carry the 460 for my CCW. I have no plans to do that at all and think the 460 is way over kill. Who thinks the same?

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    That depends. If you're only carrying it to impress someone while never having shot it before, then yes, it's overkill. I myself wouldn't carry anything larger than a .45, but to each his own.

  4. #3
    LOL it was a joke... What the hell would you need a 460 for unless you are going elephant hunting or Ram or many other big game. For cc it's over kill unless you are being stalked by SUV's dead set on running you over lol.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  5. #4
    If you are cc in bear country it might come in handy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Talking It'll work great...

    In Alaska...In bear country...where even the bears are armed and you are no longer at the top of the food chain LOL
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL it was a joke... What the hell would you need a 460 for unless you are going elephant hunting or Ram or many other big game. For cc it's over kill unless you are being stalked by SUV's dead set on running you over lol.
    I wasn't joking, though. Maybe I could have clarified myself a little more, though. I definitely would not carry this caliber in a heavily populated urban area, as the chance of overpenetration, even with HPs, is simply too great to justify carrying it there. I could see carrying it in bear country or in a thinly populated rural area. What I am wondering, however, is how in the world someone could conceal such a monster. Isn't a .460 more suited for open carry than for concealed carry?

    P.S. Why is this posted in the off topic section? It deals with firearms, so shouldn't it be either in the pistols forum or the general discussion forum?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I wasn't joking, though. Maybe I could have clarified myself a little more, though. I definitely would not carry this caliber in a heavily populated urban area, as the chance of overpenetration, even with HPs, is simply too great to justify carrying it there. I could see carrying it in bear country or in a thinly populated rural area. What I am wondering, however, is how in the world someone could conceal such a monster. Isn't a .460 more suited for open carry than for concealed carry?

    P.S. Why is this posted in the off topic section? It deals with firearms, so shouldn't it be either in the pistols forum or the general discussion forum?
    well you have seen the video where the guy has all the guns and weapons including a shot gun on him so I guess with the right clothes this would not be that hard.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #8
    It's in the off topic spot because it was just meant for chit chat. not to be a real hot topic lol. yes in bear country it would be nice to have.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If you are cc in bear country it might come in handy.
    Forget "CC" in "bear country". If "OC" is legal, that's the way I'm carrying!



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  11. #10
    well it all goes back to what you are comfortable with... I mean if Goliath had a ccw... maybe this would be his weapon of choice:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast