Homeschooling Banned in California - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homeschooling Banned in California

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If a fair maiden kisses a frog which instantly changes into a handsome prince we would call it a fairy tale. But if the frog takes 40 million years to turn into a prince we call it evolution.
    Terrible analogy, vastly oversimplified, and not really what happened. But yes, evolution did occur; evidence of intermediate steps of speciation exist.

Answering you is, of course, a waste of time. Sorry to interrupt.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Terrible analogy, vastly oversimplified, and not really what happened. But yes, evolution did occur; evidence of intermediate steps of speciation exist.

Answering you is, of course, a waste of time. Sorry to interrupt.
    You have your mind made up and no one will be able to confuse you with the facts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Where is the missing link.Why did evaluation stop? It takes more faith to believe in random accident theory than God. Put gun powder,a case and primer in blender and see how long you have to run until a bullet forms.Research state schools to find they were started to control kids running around the streets of NY .years ago.

You have your mind made up and no one will be able to confuse you with the facts.
    I believe I am the one who looks at objective reality--facts. You appear to be among those who prefer unprovable fairy tales about invisible sky wizards.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I believe I am the one who looks at objective reality--facts. You appear to be among those who prefer unprovable fairy tales about invisible sky wizards.
    Like all atheist you talk about facts that do not exist. There are no facts to support evolution. You talk about our "imaginary" God and you worship your imaginary facts. I have my God you have yours. Darwin and self.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Like all atheist you talk about facts that do not exist. There are no facts to support evolution. You talk about our "imaginary" God and you worship your imaginary facts. I have my God you have yours. Darwin and self.

This has been a perfect example of the inability to discuss rationally with the delusional. In all of your post above, the only 'being' that actually exists at the present time is: myself.

This has been a perfect example of the inability to discuss rationally with the delusional. In all of your post above, the only 'being' that actually exists at the present time is: myself.
    This has been a perfect example of the inability to discuss rationally with the delusional
    The one thing we both agree on.

Exclamation We may have to agree to disagree

I am about 2 steps to the right of Rush Limbaugh on most topics.
    We homeschooled our kids to ensure the following:

1. they could read and write
    2. the subject matter would contain truthful history...not spun to the left or right
    3. God would be present in daily activities as this is just how our family is.

I think that NDS will agree that we have a constitutional right to freedom of religion. (I can go to the church of my choice and worship how I feel is best suited to my families needs)

We also have a constitutional right to freedom of speech (NDS is allowed to voice his opinion and HK4U and I are allowed to voice ours.)

We all have a common thread here of loving freedom and liberty. Guns are just a means of making sure freedom and liberty hang around for a while.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Goverment fact: If you home school, your kids will be stupid.

According to the law center’s executive director, Leslie Heimov, children should not be educated at home, because they need to be “in a place daily where they would be observed by people who had a duty to ensure their ongoing safety.”
    Yeah. I think they have that backwards. (about: Government fact: If you home school, your kids will be stupid.)

I'll bet there are a LOT more gangs and danger in public schools than there are in home schooling. My kids would be lots safer being home schooled vs getting schooled by the government.

Real smart person, Leslie Heimov. Real smart about what, I don't know. But sure no smarts about home schooling.

Parents don't have a duty to see that their kids are safe? Where was this guy raised? Geeez.

I have to agree, they got a real bunch of left wingers down there in California. Take the people's guns, now take their kids and educate them with a bunch of liberal hog wash. What a sad state of affairs our country is coming to. We NEED to STOP it and get it going the right way again. That is for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    The Left Coast needs to be set adrift and then we can be free of the limp wristed, quiche eating, birkenstock wearing, treehugging, granola crunching, self righteous do-gooders.
    Hey, hey, take it easy there, festus. Don't be including us in with "those" down there on that part of the West Coast! (although we DO have too many of "those" people... even here in Oregon... same as you do back there.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast