U.S. Troops In Homeland “Crowd Control” Patrols From October 1st
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Troops In Homeland “Crowd Control” Patrols From October 1st

O.K. Am I the only one that has a problem with this?

3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team returning from Iraq for homeland patrols to help with “civil unrest” and “crowd control,” training in use of non-lethal weapons

Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008

U.S. troops returning from duty in Iraq will be carrying out homeland patrols in America from October 1st in complete violation of Posse Comitatus for the purposes of helping with “civil unrest and crowd control” - which could include dealing with unruly Americans after a complete economic collapse.

This shocking admission was calmly reported on September 8th by the Army Times website, which reports that from the beginning of next month the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team “Will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.”

The article notes that the deployment “marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.”

The purpose of the unit’s patrols includes helping “with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.”

The unit will be on homeland patrol for at least 20 months before returning to Iraq or Afghanistan in early 2010, according to the report.

Training for homeland operations has already begun at Fort Stewart and at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs.

Ominously, the report states that, “The 1st BCT’s soldiers also will learn how to use “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,” 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.”

The unit would also be deployed to deal with hostile crowds of Americans in the aftermath of a massive economic depression, potential food riots and race riots, if one defines the term “crowd control” to match its reasonably applicable scenarios.

The open admission that U.S. troops will be involved in law enforcement operations as well as potentially using non-lethal weapons against American citizens is a complete violation of the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act, which substantially limit the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement unless under precise and extreme circumstances.

Section 1385 of the Posse Comitatus Act states, “Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Posse Comitatus ? Thought Bush got rid of that last year.

boyzoi Guest
    not agreeing with throwing Posse Comitatus under the bus; devils advocate, the population today is nothing like it was during the Great Depresion. then people had a vein of self sufficiency that ran deep, today you have MILLIONS relying on the government for everything. I picture, if the economy goes to the depths of the GD as some in the congress have suggested, a scenario that would rival anything Hollywood could come up with. 100's of times worse than anything we saw after Katrina and nation wide. I dont think it will get to that point but if it did, would I want what is being suggested.........

Crowd Control patrols? It seems to me like that's taking troops away from their job of protecting the American homeland to do what law enforcement should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    not agreeing with throwing Posse Comitatus under the bus; devils advocate, the population today is nothing like it was during the Great Depresion. then people had a vein of self sufficiency that ran deep, today you have MILLIONS relying on the government for everything. I picture, if the economy goes to the depths of the GD as some in the congress have suggested, a scenario that would rival anything Hollywood could come up with. 100's of times worse than anything we saw after Katrina and nation wide. I dont think it will get to that point but if it did, would I want what is being suggested.........
    What if they ban firearms, or your right to attend the church of your choice or some other freedom that we take for granted. What if we go out and, march and protest. What if they decided we were an illegal mob. Would you be happy to see American troops used on us. When you set the wheels in motion it is hard going back. Once the Geine is out of the bottle there may be no getting him back in.

"The truth of the matter is that you do have those standby provisions, and the statutory emergency plans are there whereby you could, in the name of stopping terrorism, apprehend, invoke the military, and arrest Americans and hold them in detention camps."
    U.S. Representative Henry Gonzalez, August 29, 1994

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
    Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991
    Last edited by HK4U; 09-24-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: add
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The article mentions where training for these patrols will be taking place, but not the actual patrols. Any word on that?

It sounds pretty creepy. However, playing Devil's advocate for a second, there's a few reasonable situations:

1. An Obama win/loss. Love or hate him, we can't just have people burning down major US cities like flaming bandicoots. No one wants that.
    2. Total economic collapse resulting in mass looting, riots and general mayhem.
    3. A terrorist attack strategically timed to take advantage of the confusion resulting from either of the above.

This should be the job of local LE, but there's not near enough of them to secure their respective cities in a serious emergency. 300 million people who suddenly can't buy anything because the EFT system is inoperative due to mass banking system failures is a powder keg waiting to blow. Most state NGs are tied up in the Middle East right now, and will be for some time.

It's regrettable that we've painted ourselves into this corner through unrestrained spending, allowing Obama to get this far, and this stupid war, but it has happened. We obviously should avoid this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    It sounds pretty creepy. However, playing Devil's advocate for a second, there's a few reasonable situations:

1. An Obama win/loss. Love or hate him, we can't just have people burning down major US cities like flaming bandicoots. No one wants that.
    2. Total economic collapse resulting in mass looting, riots and general mayhem.
    3. A terrorist attack strategically timed to take advantage of the confusion resulting from either of the above.

This should be the job of local LE, but there's not near enough of them to secure their respective cities in a serious emergency. 300 million people who suddenly can't buy anything because the EFT system is inoperative due to mass banking system failures is a powder keg waiting to blow. Most state NGs are tied up in the Middle East right now, and will be for some time.

It's regrettable that we've painted ourselves into this corner through unrestrained spending, allowing Obama to get this far, and this stupid war, but it has happened. We obviously should avoid this in the future.
    I could see that happening if Obama lost. However, I don't think this is anything that local or state police can't handle. We've been able to get along without the military almost every other time (except perhaps during the civil rights movement), so I think we can do without military intervention this time, also.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 09-25-2008 at 01:22 AM.

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    What if they ban firearms, or your right to attend the church of your choice or some other freedom that we take for granted. What if we go out and, march and protest. What if they decided we were an illegal mob. Would you be happy to see American troops used on us. When you set the wheels in motion it is hard going back. Once the Geine is out of the bottle there may be no getting him back in.

"The truth of the matter is that you do have those standby provisions, and the statutory emergency plans are there whereby you could, in the name of stopping terrorism, apprehend, invoke the military, and arrest Americans and hold them in detention camps."
    U.S. Representative Henry Gonzalez, August 29, 1994

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
    Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991
    I know man...........it would certainly be a snowball effect..........but I can see the feds justifying it and stepping in. using Katrina again, the local law inforcement agencies were at a total lose and complety overwhelmed.I dont agree with it,Im just saying I can deffinately see it happening. damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    I know man...........it would certainly be a snowball effect..........but I can see the feds justifying it and stepping in. using Katrina again, the local law inforcement agencies were at a total lose and complety overwhelmed.I dont agree with it,Im just saying I can deffinately see it happening. damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I agree that it is a strong possibility that it will be done. I just don't like it and even more scary is the chance that we could see foreign troops under the U.N command here. After all we have been a part of that in other countries and what goes round comes round.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast