Here is the straight skinny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is the straight skinny

Exclamation Here is the straight skinny

If WE THE PEOPLE don't make sure that NOBAMA does not get elected we are all in deep poop.

Look around...banks are failing...homes are foreclosing and unemployment is on the rise.

This Knucklehead wants to increase taxes and give BILLIONS to global debt relief (of your dollars.)

Change...it's all you'll have left after taxes...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I think we are in trouble which ever one is elected but I agree that if Obama is elected it will accelerate 10X.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

With Obama, I'm not as concerned about the economy as I am about national security, gun rights, and abortion. Not saying that an Obama presidency would have a positive impact on the economy, but the effects on those other things would be far worse.

if obama gets in I think our country will go to crap way faster than anyone could imagine.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    if obama gets in I think our country will go to crap way faster than anyone could imagine.
    I agree. Even if we ignore the gun issue for a second, just think what would happen if he tries to simultaneously tries to bail out the economy and implement universal health care. His plan to do that? Increase taxes on the rich, and increase capital gains taxes. Increasing taxes on the rich would have the double effect of stifling job creation (rich people, after all, are the ones who create jobs) and reducing the number of rich people he'll be able to tax. Not only that, but the amount of income that rich people would put into tax shelters would increase exponentially under such a plan, and, contrary to the intended effect of increasing tax revenue, it would decrease the tax base, thus decreasing tax revenue in the long run.

7. I see the majority here subscribe to the trickle down economics theory. The only thing I have to say about that theory is don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. Look around you the country has already gone to Hell! WE already owe the Chinese so much that they won't loan us anymore. We financed that little shindig over in Iraq that way you know the one they said would pay for itself and be over in a year or so yeah haw great it that? The reason is that we the people put the fox in charge of the hen house and they have done as foxes will do. Now we only have a few eggs left and no chickens. Reelect those foxes if you want to but I won't be a part of that. I voted for Obama and I hope he can live up to half my expectations if he can do that things won't be half as bad.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    I see the majority here subscribe to the trickle down economics theory. The only thing I have to say about that theory is don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. Look around you the country has already gone to Hell! WE already owe the Chinese so much that they won't loan us anymore. We financed that little shindig over in Iraq that way you know the one they said would pay for itself and be over in a year or so yeah haw great it that? The reason is that we the people put the fox in charge of the hen house and they have done as foxes will do. Now we only have a few eggs left and no chickens. Reelect those foxes if you want to but I won't be a part of that. I voted for Obama and I hope he can live up to half my expectations if he can do that things won't be half as bad.
    I see we have at least one list member that's fallen into the "Obama trap".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    I see the majority here subscribe to the trickle down economics theory. The only thing I have to say about that theory is don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. Look around you the country has already gone to Hell! WE already owe the Chinese so much that they won't loan us anymore. We financed that little shindig over in Iraq that way you know the one they said would pay for itself and be over in a year or so yeah haw great it that? The reason is that we the people put the fox in charge of the hen house and they have done as foxes will do. Now we only have a few eggs left and no chickens. Reelect those foxes if you want to but I won't be a part of that. I voted for Obama and I hope he can live up to half my expectations if he can do that things won't be half as bad.
    So your solution is to reward the poor at the expense of the rich? Doesn't that kinda reduce the incentive to work hard that characterizes self-made millionaires? Why would anyone want to work hard to accumulate wealth knowing that the government will just take much of it away? The "Robin Hood" idea of income redistribution disincentivizes hard work, and thus, makes America poorer over the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    So your solution is to reward the poor at the expense of the rich? Doesn't that kinda reduce the incentive to work hard that characterizes self-made millionaires? Why would anyone want to work hard to accumulate wealth knowing that the government will just take much of it away? The "Robin Hood" idea of income redistribution disincentivizes hard work, and thus, makes America poorer over the long run.
    +1. I think most of us feel that there are real problems with the way our government is going. I also feel most of us agree that Obama is not the answer to those problems. You don't put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

With our country in its current state we need to keep our money at home and fix our own problems. Then and only them should we consider helping other countries. But only if the majority of Americans agree to do so as it should be. I'm afraid Obama has dreams of being the world savior and will gladly blow our money to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast