Nationwide Call To Action Now: Stop The $700 Billion Wall Street Buyout
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Nationwide Call To Action Now: Stop The $700 Billion Wall Street Buyout

  1. #1

    Nationwide Call To Action Now: Stop The $700 Billion Wall Street Buyout

    Click here now to send an email to let your voice be heard!
    As you are aware, the United States House of Representatives defeated a bill to bailout Wall Street by a margin of 228 to 205. The legislation was proposed by the Bush Administration and supported by the leadership of the House. Almost every member of the House who spoke in support of the bill on Monday said there were problems with the bill, but that it was the best answer given the timing.
    This bill was flawed from its inception by requiring the taxpayers to pick up $700 billion of questionable mortgage backed securities. There are alternative plans, such as The Main Street Rescue Plan promoted by PerotCharts.com in collaboration with noted economist Dr. Pat Choate and others.
    Negotiations on Capitol Hill are proceeding at this very moment. It is important that you act quickly to let your representatives know that you don't want the government adding hundreds of billions of dollars to the federal debt that will become a massive burden for our children and grandchildren.
    The sponsors of the bill need only 12 votes to pass a modified version of their original bill. The modified version could, and probably will, still provide for the federal government taking on $700 billion in debt.
    Take action now! Click http://capwiz.com/perotcharts to send an email and let your voice be heard!
    Thank you,
    PerotCharts.com

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Click here now to send an email to let your voice be heard!
    As you are aware, the United States House of Representatives defeated a bill to bailout Wall Street by a margin of 228 to 205. The legislation was proposed by the Bush Administration and supported by the leadership of the House. Almost every member of the House who spoke in support of the bill on Monday said there were problems with the bill, but that it was the best answer given the timing.
    This bill was flawed from its inception by requiring the taxpayers to pick up $700 billion of questionable mortgage backed securities. There are alternative plans, such as The Main Street Rescue Plan promoted by PerotCharts.com in collaboration with noted economist Dr. Pat Choate and others.
    Negotiations on Capitol Hill are proceeding at this very moment. It is important that you act quickly to let your representatives know that you don't want the government adding hundreds of billions of dollars to the federal debt that will become a massive burden for our children and grandchildren.
    The sponsors of the bill need only 12 votes to pass a modified version of their original bill. The modified version could, and probably will, still provide for the federal government taking on $700 billion in debt.
    Take action now! Click Perot Charts Legislative Action Center to send an email and let your voice be heard!
    Thank you,
    PerotCharts.com
    Looks like you and I are thinking along the same lines. I just posted another thread on the bail out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    I agree with you Bohemian. This is an outrage! I just sent an email. When I get back from work, I'm going to see if it'll let me send multiple emails. This bill needs to meet the same fate that they claim the economy will meet if it isn't passed. I know it's asking too much, but common sense, not a taxpayer-financed bailout, are what we need to get through this.

  5. #4
    sent emails.. and passing it along. thanks for the post.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  6. #5
    The U.S. Senate led by Gun Banning, Amnesty Loving HARRY REID sold us out yesterday, but the house can still send it down in flames! CALL your U.S. Representative's Office Today, they meet up 10/2/2008!

    You can find your Representative's contact info by name, or your zip+4 address, etc., here: United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session (http://www.house.gov/)

    WE HAVE TO BE VERY PROACTIVE ON THIS ONE!

    A PHONE CALL TODAY IS REQUIRED! WE WANT TO LOCK UP THE HOUSE SWITCHBOARD ON THIS ONE!

    Respectfully reiterate to your U.S. House of Representative's Office, the following, that you emailed them about last night, emphasize that you want your Representative to know his/her constituent's position on this issue of our lifetime BEFORE THEY CAST THEIR VOTE TODAY ON YOUR BEHALF!;

    On Thursday the House of Representatives is planning to consider a revised
    version of the $700 billion Wall Street Bailout Plan. Before voting on
    this measure, I, as your voting constituent, encourage you to review The
    Main Street Rescue Plan set forth at
    Main Street Rescue Plan (http://www.perotcharts.com/mainstreet), a plan which has been prepared in
    collaboration with noted economist Dr. Pat Choate and many others. The
    cost to the American taxpayers is little or nothing at all. This plan can
    be implemented immediately.

    Millions of Americans like me are deeply concerned about providing federal
    money for a Wall Street bailout when legitimate and viable alternatives
    are available for a small fraction of the cost to taxpayers when compared
    to the plan currently under discussion.

    The American public demands Congress take action, but the approved plan
    must be economically sensible. The current plan for the government to buy
    questionable mortgage backed securities is unsound, and the potential risk
    to taxpayers is enormous. We, the taxpayers, will support any member of
    Congress who stands up for taxpayers by resisting any attempt to add
    billions to the national debt.

    CALL your friends, family, neighbors, peers and co-workers on this one first thing today get them on it A MASSIVE PHONE CAMPAIGN TODAY IS REQUIRED...

    Thanks in advance from a fellow American who can not sleep thinking about this pending piece of legislation about to be imposed on us, our children and grandchildren, great-grandchildren that have not even been born yet...
    IF WE DO NOTHING!

    I do not want the DO NOTHING 110th Congress to leave America a FINAL BILL THAT MAY NOT BE PAID FOR GENERATIONS TO COME! As their final legacy...

    If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 10-02-2008 at 06:19 AM.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    The U.S. Senate led by Gun Banning, Amnesty Loving HARRY REID sold us out yesterday, but the house can still send it down in flames! CALL your U.S. Representative's Office Today, they meet up 10/2/2008!

    You can find your Representative's contact info by name, or your zip+4 address, etc., here: United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session (United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session)

    WE HAVE TO BE VERY PROACTIVE ON THIS ONE!

    A PHONE CALL TODAY IS REQUIRED! WE WANT TO LOCK UP THE HOUSE SWITCHBOARD ON THIS ONE!

    Respectfully reiterate to your U.S. House of Representative's Office, the following, that you emailed them about last night, emphasize that you want your Representative to know his/her constituent's position on this issue of our lifetime BEFORE THEY CAST THEIR VOTE TODAY ON YOUR BEHALF!;

    On Thursday the House of Representatives is planning to consider a revised
    version of the $700 billion Wall Street Bailout Plan. Before voting on
    this measure, I, as your voting constituent, encourage you to review The
    Main Street Rescue Plan set forth at
    Main Street Rescue Plan (Main Street Rescue Plan), a plan which has been prepared in
    collaboration with noted economist Dr. Pat Choate and many others. The
    cost to the American taxpayers is little or nothing at all. This plan can
    be implemented immediately.

    Millions of Americans like me are deeply concerned about providing federal
    money for a Wall Street bailout when legitimate and viable alternatives
    are available for a small fraction of the cost to taxpayers when compared
    to the plan currently under discussion.

    The American public demands Congress take action, but the approved plan
    must be economically sensible. The current plan for the government to buy
    questionable mortgage backed securities is unsound, and the potential risk
    to taxpayers is enormous. We, the taxpayers, will support any member of
    Congress who stands up for taxpayers by resisting any attempt to add
    billions to the national debt.

    CALL your friends, family, neighbors, peers and co-workers on this one first thing today get them on it A MASSIVE PHONE CAMPAIGN TODAY IS REQUIRED...

    Thanks in advance from a fellow American who can not sleep thinking about this pending piece of legislation about to be imposed on us, our children and grandchildren, great-grandchildren that have not even been born yet...
    IF WE DO NOTHING!

    I do not want the DO NOTHING 110th Congress to leave America a FINAL BILL THAT MAY NOT BE PAID FOR GENERATIONS TO COME! As their final legacy...

    If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...
    Let's hope common sense prevails.

  8. #7
    I see this as the beginning of the end.

    I called my Senators and it did no good. With the specter of Obama as our new leader, I have done what I needed to do. When they come to my home to confiscate guns....they will be disappointed. I have sold those guns that I formerly owned to a private buyer. With the guns I also sold that ammunition I had on hand.

    Let them try and take my guns now.


    Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

    "But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan1888 View Post
    I see this as the beginning of the end.

    I called my Senators and it did no good. With the specter of Obama as our new leader, I have done what I needed to do. When they come to my home to confiscate guns....they will be disappointed. I have sold those guns that I formerly owned to a private buyer. With the guns I also sold that ammunition I had on hand.

    Let them try and take my guns now.


    Tarzan
    As unsettling as the prospect of an Obama presidency is, nobody's going to go door-to-door to confiscate guns.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    As unsettling as the prospect of an Obama presidency is, nobody's going to go door-to-door to confiscate guns.
    You hope.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. No but with out ammo guns are usless.He will bring in socialism as fast as he can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast