5 Question Pop Quick Quiz . Honor System!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Question Pop Quick Quiz . Honor System!

#1. What was the last all white men's NCAA basketball team to win the National title?

2.After man, what is the most intelligent animal? They share 98.4% of our DNA.

3.Who were the first 2 airman to fly the Atlantic nonstop and what was the year?

4.What year did the Moors conquer the vast portion of the Iberian Peninsula and what year did the Iberians finally retake the last Moorish Citadel?

5.What was the length in years of the longest marriage in recorded history? Extra points for the name of the couple, the time period they were married, U.S. State of residence,
    and respective ages at death.

The brilliant winner gets 2 weeks in Antigua at a 5 star hotel!

Just having a little fun there!

Actually the prize will be a $25 gift certificate at Cabelas,Bass Pro or Midway, your choice. Good luck.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a good one. That inspired me to run a hopefully cool contest that will encourage quite a few answers. We hope.

Edit:Tie Breaker.What song had the longest continuous run at #1 on Billboards top 40 since 1920?

The poster with the most correct answers is the winner.
    "It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged." G.K. Chesterton

From The Cleveland Press, March 1, 1921

Not a clue! Though I think the most intelligent animal is up for grabs... Gorillas and chimpanzees have always been up there, elephants have exceptional memory and emotional intelligence (though they do appear to be afraid of mice), dolphins have even been ruled "non-human persons" in several countries, and orcas are probably right there with them.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

2. Chimp (For what it's worth, we also share 50% of our DNA with a banana.)
    Tie Breaker
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Most intelligent animal that shares dna is a pig. I aint got a clue as to the rest of them. I guess I could google the stuff but I am the laziest person on earth. That should be a question too. WRONG I googled it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    (For what it's worth, we also share 50% of our DNA with a banana.)
    Also... the DNA of wheat has a LOT more pairs than ours does. Oddly enough, I learned that in a data management class...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Blue View Post

#1. What was the last all white men's NCAA basketball team to win the National title?

2.After man, what is the most intelligent animal? They share 98.4% of our DNA.

3.Who were the first 2 airman to fly the Atlantic nonstop and what was the year?

4.What year did the Moors conquer the vast portion of the Iberian Peninsula and what year did the Iberians finally retake the last Moorish Citadel?

5.What was the length in years of the longest marriage in recorded history? Extra points for the name of the couple, the time period they were married, U.S. State of residence,
    and respective ages at death.

Just having a little fun there!

Actually the prize will be a $25 gift certificate at Cabelas,Bass Pro or Midway, your choice. Good luck.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a good one. That inspired me to run a hopefully cool contest that will encourage quite a few answers. We hope.

Edit:Tie Breaker.What song had the longest continuous run at #1 on Billboards top 40 since 1920?

The poster with the most correct answers is the winner.
    [QUOTE=Coyote Blue;506809]5 Question Pop Quick Quiz . Honor System!

#1. What was the last all white men's NCAA basketball team to win the National title? (1966)

2.After man, what is the most intelligent animal? They share 98.4% of our DNA. Chimpanzee

3.Who were the first 2 airman to fly the Atlantic nonstop and what was the year? British aviators Alcock and Brown, 1919

4.What year did the Moors conquer the vast portion of the Iberian Peninsula and what year did the Iberians finally retake the last Moorish Citadel? 711 AD, 1492

5.What was the length in years of the longest marriage in recorded history? Extra points for the name of the couple, the time period they were married, U.S. State of residence, and respective ages at death. 86 years / Fisher / May 13, 1924-27 February 2011 / NC / Herbert 105,Zelmyra 105

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Mappow is doing good! #2#3#4 are correct. #1 & #5 are incorrect. But still quite brilliant! Particularly since I believe he used no search engines.

If no one does better by midnight he is still a winner. Even if someone comes up with the correct answers to #1 & #5, then we will have 2 winners and both get a $25 certificate. I believe that will be fair. 4 hours 10 minutes to go.

We are back. Mappow is the winner.
    The answer to #1. The 1958 Kentucky Wildcats.
    #5 91 years & 12 days. Daniel and Susan Bakeman of New York.. Daniel Bakeman is also acknowledged as the last American survivor of the Revolutionary War. (1775-1783).

Here is some of that incredible story. A record marriage that may well last forever. On their wedding day in 1772, Daniel was 12 and Susan 14.

More information on the Bakemans marriage.
    Daniel F. Bakeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mappow please PM me your mailing address and gift certificate preference. You did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Blue View Post
    We are back. Mappow is the winner.
    The answer to #1. The 1958 Kentucky Wildcats.
    #5 91 years & 12 days. Daniel and Susan Bakeman of New York.. Daniel Bakeman is also acknowledged as the last American survivor of the Revolutionary War. (1775-1783).

Here is some of that incredible story. A record marriage that may well last forever. On their wedding day in 1772, Daniel was 12 and Susan 14.

More information on the Bakemans marriage.
    Daniel F. Bakeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mappow please PM me your mailing address and gift certificate preference. You did a great job.
    What was the answer to the tie breaker?
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Whoa there cowboy, didn't see anything in the rules about not sourcing information online. Please pick another winner. Tks!
    -
    I would add that this being a non-sactioned give away. I would be exteremly hesitant to give my address out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast