Who was first?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who was first?

Talking Who was first?

A doctor, a civil engineer, and a computer scientist were arguing about what was the oldest profession in the world. The doctor remarked, 'Well, in the Bible it says that God created Eve from a rib taken from Adam. This clearly required surgery, so I can rightly claim that mine is the oldest profession in the world.'

The civil engineer interrupted and said, 'But even earlier in the book of Genesis, it states that God created the order of the heavens and the earth from out of the chaos. This was the first and certainly the most spectacular application of civil engineering. Therefore, fair doctor, you are wrong; mine is the oldest profession in the world.'

The computer scientist leaned back in his chair, smiled and said confidently, 'Ah, but who do you think created the chaos?'

I've always thought that prostitution was the world's oldest profession.

is is after God created the world, this is before that

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Who was first?

"Who's on first?"
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I am sure it must have been a politician because both Adam and Eve tried to pass the buck rather than take responsibility for their sins. Later When Cane killed Able he tried to act innocent rather than take responsibility for his actions. Sounds like politicians to me.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am sure it must have been a politician because both Adam and Eve tried to pass the buck rather than take responsibility for their sins. Later When Cane killed Able he tried to act innocent rather than take responsibility for his actions. Sounds like politicians to me.
    Point well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    "Who's on first?"

Always worth a bunch of laughs!

Who's on first sound track

If you haven't heard it, it is well worth it. Follow along with the written words.

Laughter used to be much easier back then.

Is it possible that Adam could have been the world's first idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Is it possible that Adam could have been the world's first idiot?
    No, I would imagine in the millions of years man was here before Adam came along there must have been an idiot or two before him!

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    ...Laughter used to be much easier back then.
    Ain't that a fact! Today's humor has pretty much degenerated to rude words and epithets mixed with toilet humor. People often laugh due to discomfort or disbelief rather than real humor.

Those guys were funny because it was the only way to get a laugh. After 50 years, people will still buy and watch "The Colgate Comedy Hour" with Abbott and Constello. I doubt anybody will care much for very many of today's comics.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast