Ever notice how the trolls come out at election time?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Ever notice how the trolls come out at election time?

  1. #1

    Ever notice how the trolls come out at election time?

    This is only one of two forums where I am a member. Like my other forum (it's about deer hunting), this one has one main topic of conversation (handgun carry), with numerous "off topic" threads. One such thread is politics. Like this site, the deer hunting forum has seen a spike in "troll" new members. I say troll, because here at USACarry, we all seem to discuss at one point or another Carrying topics. Well, at the other site, most folks have at least a passing comment about deer hunting. With the election ramping up, these trolls come into the political forums ONLY to talk about liberal politics and stir the pot at an otherwise very conservative-leaning site. Take for instance, our boy JWTOLLETT21. Of 113 total posts (as of 3:41 CST 10/9/08), all but 5 have been in the political forum. 3 of those were political in nature, and two were fluff pieces just saying "Hi".

    Sorry for the rant, it just makes me wonder. Does the DailyKOS send out liberal activists to "infiltrate" conservative-leaning forums such as this?

    Is this how they "research" the opposition?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  2.   
  3. #2
    I had never thought about it but that vey well just might be.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    OR could it be that there are a few gun owners out there who aren't conservative Republicans? I disagree with most of what Jwtollett says, but I like debating him and telling him why I think he's wrong, and I enjoy his responses, as long as it doesn't degenerate into name calling or insults, which they haven't. He's entitled to his opinions and we're entitled to ours, but having a difference of opinion, by itself, doesn't make anyone a troll.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    OR could it be that there are a few gun owners out there who aren't conservative Republicans? I disagree with most of what Jwtollett says, but I like debating him and telling him why I think he's wrong, and I enjoy his responses, as long as it doesn't degenerate into name calling or insults, which they haven't. He's entitled to his opinions and we're entitled to ours, but having a difference of opinion, by itself, doesn't make anyone a troll.
    My point is this:

    On a forum CLEARLY created for the gun carrying community (or deer hunters), why would someone join up ONLY to jump on the political forums and stir up chat? Does this guy even own a gun? How about debating the fine points of DAO vs. SA/DA? Why must a person do nothing but create posts designed to do nothing but rile people up?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    330
    Geez, I better watch it, someone will be calling me a troll because I am always complaining about what's his name.



  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation They have a right

    They have a right to an opinion even if they are wrong. If he is a Anti-LIberal...hes a brave SOB in here with all us gun nuts. Maybe if he hangs out long enough he will figure out that the second ammendment is what gives the first ammendment teeth.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post


    NICE! You mind if I steal that picture?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  9. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    My point is this:

    On a forum CLEARLY created for the gun carrying community (or deer hunters), why would someone join up ONLY to jump on the political forums and stir up chat? Does this guy even own a gun? How about debating the fine points of DAO vs. SA/DA? Why must a person do nothing but create posts designed to do nothing but rile people up?
    I have to agree with you.

    This is not a political site, and I noticed the party in question almost always posting on politics. I have no problem with a member who participates regarding "concealed carry" giving a different opinion politically, however, if this is the only area that they are participating, then you are right on the money.

    "Troll"
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    As long as the trolls post in the appropriate place, I don't mind. Maybe they just enjoy being abused???? My simple solution is to treat them like a 3rd grader looking for attention....DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  11. Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    They have a right to an opinion even if they are wrong. If he is a Anti / LIberal...hes a brave SOB in here with all us gun nuts. Maybe if he hangs out long enough he will figure out that the second ammendment is what gives the first ammendment teeth.
    I agree. Festus is right on.

    I think it's important to be welcoming to folks here and encourage them to get talking -- especially if they are anti. I've "converted" my fair share of folks from being anti and my advice is to get people talking to find out what is really at the root of their opinion and address that specifically. It's not always the same reason for everyone. They're usually surprised when I stay fairly rational, calm, compassionate and considerate because they are expecting me to get intimidated, emotional, angry and belligerant. When I don't, they become prepared to listen. I'm not afraid to be respectful and listen to them either. If one can get them out on a range with folks who are polite, calm, safety conscious, etc. -- they tend to change their mind pretty quick.

    There is no reason for someone to be expected to sign on to an entire package of political mindsets for them to become pro 2A. One of the folks I converted is a "flaming" liberal, but he loves his newly discovered freedom of carrying a concealed firearm and is decidedly pro 2A. I left the "us" vs. "them" mindset when I was a teenager and now prefer the change the mentality while caring for the person model.

    I hate to be the one to say this, but there's plenty of liberals on this site. It's obvious. I'm a centrist myself.

    Just my 2cents.

    Boomchick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast